• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump Orders Big Troop Reduction in Afghanistan

thanks for your service. we are running horrifying deficits and are not paying for the wars. one would think that someone with your history would want everyone to chip in until the job is done. that isn't happening. there's no shared sacrifice. there's no political support for the troops. that pisses me off. given the status quo, i'd rather see them all brought home rather than sacrificed for some politician's ego. do you get where i'm coming from? declare the ****ing wars and pay for them. have an exit strategy. demand shared sacrifice. this is the way that we used to fight wars as a nation, and it should be the way that every war is fought, IMO.

This ^^^.

I will add, we had the collective will as a nation to end the World Wars because we all shared the sacrifice via the drafting of our loved ones, much higher taxes and rationing, at the least. Right now, most of us live our lives without any daily reminder of the sacrifice our troops are making every, the exception being those whose loved ones are in harm's way.

this is false.

It is accurate. Both with "Free College For Everybody" and "Free Healthcare For Everybody", you did this.

want to debate child slave labor again for old times' sake? that was utterly disgusting.

That is another excellent example, where your refusal to address the realities of third world economic and living conditions led you to refuse to engage in debate, instead withdrawing to repeating talking points.

I'm surprised that i'm the one who is arguing that everyone should have to contribute when the nation is at war and that you are fighting me on that point

Yup. Think about that.

But you keep refusing to say when you, yourself, are going to make the additional sacrifice you want to demand everyone make?

This ^^^.

I will add, we had the collective will as a nation to end the World Wars because we all shared the sacrifice via the drafting of our loved ones, much higher taxes and rationing, at the least. Right now, most of us live our lives without any daily reminder of the sacrifice our troops are making every, the exception being those whose loved ones are in harm's way.

Total War is Total War. Most wars aren't. That's why we were willing (for example) to burn entire cities full of Japanese citizens into ash, but we aren't willing to nuke Baram Chah. If we want to argue that we should transition this to a Total War footing and put the U.S. citizenry on it, alright; but understand that mean we are going to need to send a few hundred thousand more troops over, and then wipe out a significant percentage of the Pashtun people; much more than the Russians did, and they killed a lot. If you are going to pick up the "we should have a timeline" argument, instead, I will ask you the question he repeatedly refused to answer: How many months should we have declared that we would fight WWII before we quit and let the Germans have Europe, the Japanese have Asia? At what point should we have decided that the Soviet Union threat to Western Europe had gone on so long, they deserved to have it, and we should withdraw?

I'm sorry if this sounds brusque, but wars are conditions-based, not time-based. You don't sign up to kill other human beings, but only so long as it's convenient or doesn't, like, become, like, a drag, or something. You do it because conditions have become such that it is worth killing them to change those conditions. We decided that Islamist radicals launching attacks in the West had become untenable to the point where we were willing to kill them in order to stop them from doing so. If that is still the case, then the timeline is irrelevant. If it is not the case, then that is the debate (whether we are now willing to once again allow them to launch 9/11, 7/7, Madrid-train-bombing, or similar attacks in the West), not an arbitrary number of months.

But this idea that Either we put our entire populace on a Total War footing to take on and wipe out their entire populace OR we give up and let them win is a false dichotomy. Not only are not all wars Total Wars, the vast majority of wars are conflicts like this, vice Total Wars.

Last edited:
And when you say "United States Military", you mean, "a couple of generals said 'maybe'".
Nope. I mean the US military. But you think they are stupid because you don't like what their reporting says.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk

Nope. I mean the US military. But you think they are stupid because you don't like what their reporting says.

Your sources only name a couple of generals. I didn't know that two generals equated "the entire US Military".

Yeah I agree with Trump. We need to pull out all US troops from the ME. The whole region is a quagmire that no American life is worth sacrificing for.

How much would a dome cost like they used in the Simpson's Movie?

I would love to see how many people supporting Trump now also supported the foreign policy proposals of Ron Paul in 2008. He was pretty much laughed at by most of the GOP for his "isolationist" policies, and here we have Trump who is a much bigger isolationist than Paul was.

(Fyi, I was among the small minority in the GOP who supported much of Paul's foreign policy proposals. I support having less presence in these countries, and even around the world. I simply don't agree with Trump's methodology)

Maybe the situation on the ground has changed in the last 10 years. Ya think?

Your sources only name a couple of generals. I didn't know that two generals equated "the entire US Military".
Cool bro. Do you know who General Nicholson is/was before Miller took over?

Cool bro. Do you know who General Nicholson is/was before Miller took over?

I know you cite two generals, trying to claim that the entire US Armed Forces believes that Russia is allied with the Tals. If it was two generals, you should have said "two generals...". Cool story, bro.

I know you cite two generals, trying to claim that the entire US Armed Forces believes that Russia is allied with the Tals. If it was two generals, you should have said "two generals...". Cool story, bro.
So.. no, you don't

I already addressed that but reading isn’t always your strong point. As i said someone has to be top dog and I’m fine with that but just don’t expect us to buy the “ team America world police” rubbish. As I’ve stated you’re a hegemony not a liberator.

Get back to me when you are being rational.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/trump-...substantial-afghan-troop-drawdown-11545341452

Wow, the hits keep coming. If he can get the rest of our boys and girls home and stop bombing people before 2020 then I couldn't care less what else he does he will have my vote. Is it possible that we are witnessing an end to these pointless endeavors in the middle east?

Trump in one day has killed 15 years of American FP in MENA and CA. sold old allies : Kurds and pro - American urbanized pushtuns

who will move in? , right, Putler and china. this is a chaos president

You pick the strangest fights.

Yeah. Fidelity to fact and unwillingness to give up my beliefs in order to serve a political tribe tends to leave me often in the middle, taking fire from both sides, these days.

Yeah. Fidelity to fact and unwillingness to give up my beliefs in order to serve a political tribe tends to leave me often in the middle, taking fire from both sides, these days.

Definitely cool story bro. :lamo

Trump in one day has killed 15 years of American FP in MENA and CA. sold old allies : Kurds and pro - American urbanized pushtuns

who will move in? , right, Putler and china. this is a chaos president

Funny, I thought being antiwar was a rather "progressive" position. It is odd to me how quickly some go from doves to hawks merely because of their hatred of Trump.

Funny, I thought being antiwar was a rather "progressive" position. It is odd to me how quickly some go from doves to hawks merely because of their hatred of Trump.

i am ok with trump , but he is against American traditional politic . its pure chaos

i am ok with trump , but he is against American traditional politic . its pure chaos

When it comes to foriegn policy (particularly the use of military force), I would say that is a good thing.

Back
Top Bottom