• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump offers immigration compromise to end partial shutdown; Dems cool to offer

The democrats want open borders, they don't give a **** about DACA anymore. That was just a beachfront they offered earlier, on the path to total destruction of our borders and our immigration laws. Trump should take any refusal of DACA as what it is, a plan to destroy Western Civilization.

Can you share the details of the plan to destroy Western Civilization Rep. King (I assume it was him) shared with you? We must all do our part to prevent the catastrophe.

I listened to the entire speech. When you boil it down, it's DACA for the wall.

It's not. It's temporary DACA for 1/100th of a wall. This doesn't fix anything.

Give us UHC. Win, win, win, all around.
UHC is a separate battle. The more stuff that gets lumped into any negotiation, the less likely it is that an agreement will be reached.

DACA for the wall is fair and it gives both sides a "victory". It should be a no-brainer.

You can blame Pelosi for that, she keeps running from Trump to make a deal. She's had a month to stand up and do your job. But no she to much of a coward.

IMO, Trump/Miller had no idea what would happen when they, or Miller, decided it would be a good idea to shutter the government. Same as they had no idea that Trump would get elected......why does it take 28 days to address this?

Last edited:
It seemed more PR, than substance. I think he just did it to claim he made an offer, thereby have a talking point to blame Pelosi when she turns it down.

If he was serious about negotiating, he would do it behind closed doors with the principles. This event was simply PR theatre ...
If I were Pelosi and Schumer, I'd keep offering more and more additional border security funding, with scraps for a wall, and just keep chipping away at the Kentucky nightmares dam, until the pressure becomes too much to bare.

How so? I messed it live but just read the synopsis - seems pretty complete. Chump change for the wall/barrier, protects for DACA. More CBP agents, more tech, more immigration judges. What's not to like? Enough to piss off hard line anti-illegal folks and open border types - the definition of compromise.
He's really not giving anything. There's currently a DACA reprieve. The rest is all for him. There's nothing there.

It's not. It's temporary DACA for 1/100th of a wall. This doesn't fix anything.

It's a starting point that gives both sides "a little bit" and re-opens the government. It's something that we all should be able to live with, IMO.

What did Trump give them? A temp DACA reprieve? They already have that.

This is sounding like the Trump/GOP "permanent" corporate tax cut, for a "temporary" citizen tax cut. Such a deal! :doh

3 Years is a pretty good compromise and since you people believe you are going to retake the WH what do you have to lose?

Big govt. liberals will never compromise on any issue with Trump

How does anyone not laugh and heckle Trump, while listening to his stupid charade of a "look at me negotiating" speech.
We'll offer you some temporary stuff, and I get my wall?

I mean, let's face it people, that worked for his poorly informed base right? We'll give them temporary tax cuts...but the wealthy/corporations, they get permanent ones. Trump's base LOVED that. Why would Democrats not love something similar!?!

A crisis...that he had 2 years to solve and didn't? Who is he fooling. Republicans have also opposed immigration reform since the Clinton years.

His claims that it's all about beautiful immigrants...that was some rich stuff coming from the Trump White House and out of his lips.
Acting like drugs are coming through and he needs a wall for it, that's an oldie but goodie too...they are coming in at the ports of entry/airports, not running across random areas of border....for which they build tunnels anyway.

Always good for a sad laugh.

UHC is a separate battle. The more stuff that gets lumped into any negotiation, the less likely it is that an agreement will be reached.

DACA for the wall is fair and it gives both sides a "victory". It should be a no-brainer.
And immigration is a separate battle.

3 Years is a pretty good compromise and since you people believe you are going to retake the WH what do you have to lose?

Big govt. liberals will never compromise on any issue with Trump

3 years is a GIFT. Get your **** together and actually legislate. If you can't get laws passed in 3 years, you don't deserve to legislate.

It seemed more PR, than substance. I think he just did it to claim he made an offer, thereby have a talking point to blame Pelosi when she turns it down.

He did make an offer. Of course it's not one you would like as it does not include taking down all the fences and walls that are immoral and open up the border.

If he was serious about negotiating, he would do it behind closed doors with the principles.

What happened to "transparency" you don't want to know how the sausage is made. Why not. Trump is very transparent, because he's Trump now you hate "transparency". Yeah I know you don't like transparency, you like it when the Dems pass a bill like Obamacare and after it's passed, Pelosi has to read it to find out what's in it.

Last edited:
IMO, Trump/Miller had no idea what would happen when they, or Miller, decided it would be a goo idea to shutter the government. Same as they had no idea that Trump would get elected......why does it take 28 days to address this?
Great point.

Can you share the details of the plan to destroy Western Civilization Rep. King (I assume it was him) shared with you? We must all do our part to prevent the catastrophe.

Rep King? Jeez

I am reminded of the Rozanne Barr situation, where she made a tweet not knowing that Valerie Jarret is black, or "identifies" as black in today's world. Rozanne did not compare a black woman to a monkey, she compared a white woman to a monkey in her mind, the same thing leftists do all the time.

As for King, he was not saying that White Supremacists and White Nationalists were being unfairly maligned. He simply stated in an inartful way that Western Civilization is being maligned as being horrible, when in fact Western Civilization is the greatest accomplishment in human history.

If you lefties or righties who hate Trump want to continue to label white people as racist and evil, we cannot stop that. But I assure you, there are many people who know the truth about our history, and you may very well find us annoying in the future, just as we find you marxists annoying.

If I were Pelosi and Schumer, I'd keep offering more and more additional border security funding, with scraps for a wall, and just keep chipping away at the Kentucky nightmares dam, until the pressure becomes too much to bare.
Yep. No wall. Hostage taking will not be rewarded.

"Open it up, and we'll talk wall"

Trump is basically offering Democrats something that they already have for the next 10-12 months?

Huh.

So Democrats take that deal--the one they already have--in return for $5 billion for a border wall--something Trump doesn't have?

Huh.

And the majority of Americans (1) don't want a wall, (2) blame Trump for the shutdown, and (3) are lowering Trump's approval rating dramatically over it?

Huh.

I wonder how Democrats are going to respond.

He’s not giving the Dems DACA, it is a temp reprieve. Now if he did actually give DACA fully than maybe that might be worth it. Bit right now, no that isn’t what trump is offering.

IMO, Trump/Miller had no idea what would happen when they, or Miller, decided it would be a good idea to shutter the government. Same as they had no idea that Trump would get elected......why does it take 28 days to address this?

I ask the same question, all I hear is open the government and we'll talk, Christ it's been 28 days and Pelosi and crew are always a no show.

Back
Top Bottom