• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump makes video honoring fatally shot Capitol rioter Ashli Babbitt

Trump is donating nothing. The Go Fund Me 'president' has no salary any longer, unless you can demonstrate who is paying him (apart from the idiots sending him their hard-earned pay).
I guess you didn't catch that I was talking about his Presidential salary WHILE he was President.

It would have dropped even he didn't become President.

Some of his properties are loosing money.
The Pandemic hit tourism hard. Even Trump's properties felt the blow.

The Pandemic hit tourism hard. Even Trump's properties felt the blow.
That is true. One reason I said Trump would have lost money even if he was not the President at the time. Main reason, the pandemic.

Trump is donating nothing. The Go Fund Me 'president' has no salary any longer, unless you can demonstrate who is paying him (apart from the idiots sending him their hard-earned pay).

As mentioned above all presidents get a pension, but it's interesting that since Trump is no longer racking up 3 million dollar trips at the tax payers expense to fly to his clubs and golf, he decided he'll collect that pension.

If he's so filthy rich and it's really about MAGA, why not keep donating that money to worthy charities? Veterans, children, homeless shelters?

The most obvious answer is he duped a lot of his supporters into praising that whole thing when he flat out knew 2 flights to Mar a Lago and he'd already have cleared that amount and then some in costs.

It's just another example of why he loves the poorly educated. He sells them a boat with a hole in it, but convinces them that the hole is an added feature to drain water out should the boat leak. And he'll toss it in free!!!!

That is true. One reason I said Trump would have lost money even if he was not the President at the time. Main reason, the pandemic.
His hotels are not value for money. Most of his supporters could not afford a weekend at the Plaza.

As mentioned above all presidents get a pension, but it's interesting that since Trump is no longer racking up 3 million dollar trips at the tax payers expense to fly to his clubs and golf, he decided he'll collect that pension.

If he's so filthy rich and it's really about MAGA, why not keep donating that money to worthy charities? Veterans, children, homeless shelters?

The most obvious answer is he duped a lot of his supporters into praising that whole thing when he flat out knew 2 flights to Mar a Lago and he'd already have cleared that amount and then some in costs.

It's just another example of why he loves the poorly educated. He sells them a boat with a hole in it, but convinces them that the hole is an added feature to drain water out should the boat leak. And he'll toss it in free!!!!
I enjoyed the boat leak analogy.

His hotels are not value for money. Most of his supporters could not afford a weekend at the Plaza.
Never said they were. Trump wants to cater to the rich.

Trump does not own the Plaza anymore. After years of broken promises, and litigation, he finally sold his interest in it.

I stayed there shortly after the sale. The great palace hotel was looking definitely down at the heel.

Never said they were. Trump wants to cater to the rich.

No, Trump wants to appear to cater to the rich. It’s all about his “poor man’s idea of what a rich man is” persona marketing.

Trump‘s idea of upscale has always been vulgar and pretentious. He looked always like the parvanue he always was.

You know that Trump lost money being President, that's the bottom line. He could have stayed out of it, and made more money. And, I can't believe this needs to be explained, but if he takes in $15 from the government, he doesn't personally get $15. I hope you know that very basic fact.
How do you know that he lost money while being President if he never released any of his returns?

Ah, I didn't know. Does it equate to whatever their salary was while in office?
As of 2020 it's $219,000 year, as well as Secret Service protection for them and their spouse for life, unless declined.

I have no idea if he accepted the secret service protection but seeing as how prior to his presidency he had personal protection that would be $$$ saved by him and since he lives at Mar a Lago he could continue to charge them for room and board, golf carts, etc.

Well this answers whether he took the extended Secret Service. And whether he was still charging them.

Former president Donald Trump charged the Secret Service more than $40,000 this spring for rooms that Trump’s own protective detail used while guarding him at his Mar-a-Lago Club, according to federal spending records.

The records show that Trump’s club charged the Secret Service $396.15 every night starting Jan. 20, the day he left the White House and moved full-time into his Palm Beach, Fla., club.

Back
Top Bottom