• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump makes video honoring fatally shot Capitol rioter Ashli Babbitt

Top Cat

He's the most tip top
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
Former President Donald Trump recorded a video message to be played at a commemoration event honoring Ashli Babbitt, a woman who was fatally shot while invading the US Capitol on January 6.

The man is truly dangerous.

Putting on my MAGA hat

She could have been his daughter, breaking into the capital building trying to bash down a door. No one deserves to be shot for a simple B&E.

( unless they don’t look like they could be Trumps son or daughter, in that case shooting them for knocking heavily is okay)

On the other side of the door she was breaching were US senators, and the guard that shot her was the last line of defense. They waited until the absolute last possible moment to use lethal force. The burden really is on her. I guess she is one of those "very fine people" that Trump is always talking about.

Former President Donald Trump recorded a video message to be played at a commemoration event honoring Ashli Babbitt, a woman who was fatally shot while invading the US Capitol on January 6.

Even in death he is still using this poor woman.

Sure am glad that thug is deceased.(y)

(I don't care for donnie trump. Guys an asshole IMO. And he obviously loves criminals and crime, and hates Police)

Not going to watch the video, but I hope he wished her a happy birthday and congratulated her on all the great she's been doing lately.

Isn't he just dreamy?

I wonder how much money he has given to her family, or to her family's lawsuit fundraising?

How pathetic he's using a dead traitor as a political pawn because he lost to an old man.

Up is down, left is right, fact is fiction.

This man will end democracy if we don't stand up to him NOW.
after the 2022 elections it will be too late.

How nice, trying to make a martyr out of a villain

I'm old enough to remember when the Trump Panty Sniffers blew their gaskets that some people made a martyr out of George Floyd. I'm sure they will wander into this thread and express their collective outrage when Trump does it.

Didn't the NAZIs make up an entire song for one of their brown shirts that got killed in a street brawl and made him an early martyr for the cause? Horst Wessel?

Yep, that's how he likes his followers, the stupider the better.

Someone should tell him that dead people dont vote...despite the Big Lie he tried to sell.

It's very smart for Trump to honor the insurrectionists.

It's hard to think of a scenario where someone could be more deserving of a bullet than she was.
Let’s take a step back from that statement. This was a deluded woman who was caught up in her delusions and the fury of the mob. The shooting seems to have been justified given the stakes, but our efforts should be about curing the delusions. Trump should be ashamed of himself for indirectly causing her death, as he did of the others who died that day or as a result of it, but that’s not possible.

Back
Top Bottom