• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump Lied about 21 Times A day = 30,000 Lies While in Office Which Means He Was Lying To His Supporters

Fight disinformation. Get the facts that matter.

It’s the first weekend of Joe Biden’s presidency, which surely means a lot of things to many people, but to me, it means I don’t have to spend my weekend shift waiting to write about President Donald Trump’s latest, inevitable lie.

At Mother Jones, we’ve corrected countless Trump falsehoods over the past four years, from his bull about the stock market and hooey about global warming to disinformation about the legitimacy of the election and bunkum about the coronavirus pandemic. It was exhausting. And numbing.

The public’s apathy and despair towards Trump’s lies, researchers point out, were by design: The attacks mirrored a Russian propaganda technique known as the “firehose of falsehood,” which is exactly what it sounds like—relentless, rapid, bogus information. As Mother Jones‘ Mark Follman wrote in October, “Trump is using the autocrat’s playbook. Vladimir Putin’s, to be specific.”

Now the Washington Post‘s Fact Checker team has finished its final catalog of the extent of the former president’s efforts to mislead and misinform us. According to its tally, Trump made more than 30,000 “false or misleading” claims during his presidency. Half of those lies were told during his last year in office, according to the Post‘s database:

This astonishing jump in falsehoods is the story of Trump’s tumultuous reign. By the end of his term, Trump had accumulated 30,573 untruths during his presidency—averaging about 21 erroneous claims a day.
What is especially striking is how the tsunami of untruths kept rising the longer he served as president and became increasingly unmoored from the truth.
Trump averaged about six claims a day in his first year as president, 16 claims day in his second year, 22 claims day in this third year—and 39 claims a day in his final year. Put another way, it took him 27 months to reach 10,000 claims and an additional 14 months to reach 20,000. He then exceeded the 30,000 mark less than five months later.

The people who need to read this the most are busy injecting more lies directly into their veins right now.

Due to the incredible volume of falsehoods, the project was a massive undertaking. “It’s just a terrible time suck,” Glenn Kessler, the editor and chief writer of the Fact Checker team, told the Mother Jones Podcast in June.

If Trump were to win a second term, Kessler said at the time, “The Post may have to hire a few more people for us to keep it up.” I’m all for hiring more journalists, but in this case, I’m glad some of my colleagues were spared this fate.

an average of 21 times a day ..........

As much time as he spent on twitter plus his endless babble daily sure it is possible to lie 21 times a day. Perhaps this could be interpreted as a man who spoke no truth.

Repeated lies count as a lie each time ............. yes I can visualize 21 times a day because the man rarely was quiet.

No question about it each time he lied he was lying to his supporters ......................

Wilt the stilt of bullshit.

"Trump Lied about 21 Times A day..."
Wrong.
lie
intransitive verb
1 : to make an untrue statement with intent to deceive She was lying when she said she didn't break the vase. He lied about his past experience.

2 : to create a false or misleading impression Statistics sometimes lie. The mirror never lies.

LIe | Merriam Webster
No one has ever been able to show that President Trump made an untrue statement with the intent to deceive.

Wrong.
No one has ever been able to show that President Trump made an untrue statement with the intent to deceive.
Really? How about cynically lying to miners that there were new mines opening, that their jobs were safe when mines were closing all around them? Then there's "Mexico will pay for the wall", despite Mexico's president telling him to piss off. Then there's the inauguration crowd size lie, and the doctored photographs. Should I continue with his lies about Covid? He did actually tell the truth on one memorable occasion; "I don't take any responsibility at all", in regard to dealing with Covid-19.

To show you how insane that is Trump would have to told a lie every hour 24 hours a day to achieve what the OP says. Totally impossible and insane.

Really? How about cynically lying to miners that there were new mines opening, that their jobs were safe when mines were closing all around them? Then there's "Mexico will pay for the wall", despite Mexico's president telling him to piss off. Then there's the inauguration crowd size lie, and the doctored photographs. Should I continue with his lies about Covid?
And again.

And again.
Yes he did. If he continued to lie about Mexico paying for the wall well after Mexico's president said not one peso would be spent by his country, what would any reasonable person conclude? He was lying to deceive and his followers believed him; just as he cynically lied to miners in exchange for votes.

Yes he did. If he continued to lie about Mexico paying for the wall well after Mexico's president said not one peso would be spent by his country, what would any reasonable person conclude? He was lying to deceive and his followers believed him; just as he cynically lied to miners in exchange for votes.
Wrong.
Again

It’s the first weekend of Joe Biden’s presidency, which surely means a lot of things to many people, but to me, it means I don’t have to spend my weekend shift waiting to write about President Donald Trump’s latest, inevitable lie.

At Mother Jones, we’ve corrected countless Trump falsehoods over the past four years, from his bull about the stock market and hooey about global warming to disinformation about the legitimacy of the election and bunkum about the coronavirus pandemic. It was exhausting. And numbing.

The public’s apathy and despair towards Trump’s lies, researchers point out, were by design: The attacks mirrored a Russian propaganda technique known as the “firehose of falsehood,” which is exactly what it sounds like—relentless, rapid, bogus information. As Mother Jones‘ Mark Follman wrote in October, “Trump is using the autocrat’s playbook. Vladimir Putin’s, to be specific.”

Now the Washington Post‘s Fact Checker team has finished its final catalog of the extent of the former president’s efforts to mislead and misinform us. According to its tally, Trump made more than 30,000 “false or misleading” claims during his presidency. Half of those lies were told during his last year in office, according to the Post‘s database:

The really sad thing is how many people believed every word of it and will be on here defending him and claiming that he never lied...

I just did;
No you did not.
You obviously think you understood what I said but you clearly didn't.
Again.
No one has ever been able to show that President Trump made an untrue statement with the intent to deceive.​

How did you, through the article you provided, establish intent to deceive? The fact, is you didn't.

Bullshit!!!
Yes, that is what your post is.

Last edited:

so many lies .......

This astonishing jump in falsehoods is the story of Trump’s tumultuous reign. By the end of his term, Trump had accumulated 30,573 untruths during his presidency—averaging about 21 erroneous claims a day.
What is especially striking is how the tsunami of untruths kept rising the longer he served as president and became increasingly unmoored from the truth.
Trump averaged about six claims a day in his first year as president, 16 claims day in his second year, 22 claims day in this third year—and 39 claims a day in his final year. Put another way, it took him 27 months to reach 10,000 claims and an additional 14 months to reach 20,000. He then exceeded the 30,000 mark less than five months later.

Back
Top Bottom