• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump lashed out at Whitaker after explosive Cohen revelations

Yeah-- I got what you are saying. I am extending out your speculation.
If its true Clinton and even Lynch planned for the pictures, why? He is too sharp a politician not to know it would create a political firestorm and both would have to have some idea of the legal ramifications.
But never mind-- its far off the thread topic anyways.

There are (essentially) three possibilities:

1. the meeting was planned and intended to further a conspiracy whereby the investigations into the Clintons would be derailed;
  2. the meeting was planned but had nothing to do with the investigations into the Clintons; or
  3. the meeting was not planned.

If the meeting was intended to derail the investigations into the Clintons, it didn't work.

If the meeting had nothing to do with the investigations into the Clintons, then it is irrelevant.

If the meeting wasn't planned, then it is irrelevant.

However, you are quite correct when you say that the Clinton's had the political savvy to know that it really wasn't a good idea to conduct a "clandestine meeting" in the open air while there were media people all over the place recording that the meeting was taking place. This fact moves the likelihood away from Option 1 above so far that only a dedicated, monomaniacal, obsessive, conspiracy theorist would give it more than passing mention.

Mycroft's Post #14 covers this subject succinctly. I have nothing additional to add except that the media is out of control and the American people are getting spin, rumor, innuendo instead of substantial well sourced news. We deserve much more than we are getting.

Oh yes the 'media' is the party out of control... :roll:

Funny when the 'out of control' media uses unnamed sources hits on the liberals the rabid right lines up to cackle and howl...

Now time after time the media has been proven correct about the chaos in tRump's administration, took some time but the rabid right reminds me of the fella who fell off a 30 story building, at each window he called out- "so far so good" but we all know how it ended... :(

Each denial of troubles has the rabid right demanding proof of the reporting, well now we are getting it, but the rabid right still warbles on about the media being the one out of control...

It is pathetic the tRumpers try and call out ANYONE for spin when Hasbro Conway dares to call out right lies 'alternate facts'.... :doh

When it comes to Presidents I agree- we deserve MUCH more sanity than we are getting, I strongly disagreed with BushII but I never once thought he was a loose cannon... tRump on the other hand.... :peace

Back
Top Bottom