• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump: "Drill, baby, drill!"

Airyaman

New Druid
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
One of the promises Trump is supposedly making is that he will allow for more oil production, thus supposedly decreasing the cost of gas/oil/etc.

Just one problem:

So really, how is Trump going to be able to appreciably improve upon this?

Answer: he won't be able to.

Wake up folks, Trump has nothing new to offer.

One thing that Trump and his allies can always rely on is that the maga faithful will never read or watch news that counters their preferred beliefs. They were told 3 years ago that Joe Biden was wrecking the oil industry and was responsible for the global high oil prices. Nothing to do with Russian sanctions and the Ukraine war at all. It was all Joes fault. That is still their belief today even as the US produces all time record amounts of oil and gas. That's just how maga lives. Firmly planted within the Trump controlled misinformation bubble.

The president has no control over it.

If the price of oil gets too low, oil companies will just slow production long enough for it to recover.

My cousins who work on oil rigs start to get laid off if Oil gets below 60 dollars a barrel.

One of the promises Trump is supposedly making is that he will allow for more oil production, thus supposedly decreasing the cost of gas/oil/etc.

Just one problem:

He can take credit for it though, as long as conservative media avoids reporting the facts.

Just one problem:

trump doesn't keep up with the news, Too many big words and nothing in it for him...and apparently his dumb base doesn't either or they would know this.

"Drill baby drill" is so 2008 Michael Steele RNC. Does Trump know Steele coined the phrase?

201023195353-michael-steele-trump-split-super-tease.jpg

Trump says something and his mindless minions go............

1711658978961.png

One of the promises Trump is supposedly making is that he will allow for more oil production, thus supposedly decreasing the cost of gas/oil/etc. Just one problem:

Make government land more accessible.

:ROFLMAO:

It's quite easy

Even if that is true, what Trump offered worked.

Biden, not so much. It took two years to recover from the pandemic bottom in 2020. Since then oil stock prices have been flat. The story tries to say otherwise but their graphic proves it.

1711659299672.png

Make government land more accessible.

:ROFLMAO:

It's quite easy

Even if that is true, what Trump offered worked.

Biden, not so much. It took two years to recover from the pandemic bottom in 2020. Since then oil stock prices have been flat. The story tries to say otherwise but their graphic proves it.

View attachment 67501540
Really not much more room to improve.

The oil (and gas pump) prices might go up with increased demand when (if?) the SPR is refilled and/or Iran’s oil sales are reduced.

The oil (and gas pump) prices might go up with increased demand when (if?) the SPR is refilled and/or Iran’s oil sales are reduced.
It is being refilled and will be full by year end.
By Arathy Somasekhar

HOUSTON (Reuters) -U.S. oil stocks in the Strategic Petroleum Reserve (SPR) at year-end will be at or exceeding the level that would have existed prior to massive sales two years ago, U.S. Energy Secretary Jennifer Granholm said on Monday.

Stocks will reach those levels in part on the cancellation of congressional-mandated sales of about 140 million barrels, the secretary added. The reserve currently holds about 362 million barrels, down from 638 million three years ago

It would be nice it your citations supported your statement.

Want to try again?
It does. If US producers are putting out more oil than ever, is there really room for any more appreciable growth?

Pioneer Natural Resources CEO Scott Sheffield says refining capacity and inventory issues means the oil industry won’t be able to grow U.S. production much higher than it already is.

Something to help you not care about billionaire CEOs.

iu
Damn…that must have been where the one I was looking for regarding the oil exec bonuses went to. 😂

It’s SO tragic that their stock prices haven’t been going up, up, up…

🙄

It does. If US producers are putting out more oil than ever, is there really room for any more appreciable growth?
https://www.cnbc.com/2023/03/09/us-wont-reach-new-record-oil-production-ever-again-pioneer-ceo.html
Logic 101 fail.

We don't know because you have shown nothing relevant. What is needed is an examination of workable reserves. You have not even attempted that direction.

Since the Obama fracking boom 10-15 years ago, the old reserve paradigm are badly out of date.

Wait…I’m trying to summon a tear for those poor oil executives that perhaps aren’t hitting bonus target multipliers.
I am pretty dry-eyed myself.

It might take me a minute.
Let us know how it goes.

Logic 101 fail.

We don't know because you have shown nothing relevant. What is needed is an examination of workable reserves. You have not even attempted that direction.

Since the Obama fracking boom 10-15 years ago, the old reserve paradigm are badly out of date.

I am pretty dry-eyed myself.

Let us know how it goes.
I've been offering links from those who appear to know more than you or I. You haven't offered anything as a rebuttal except denial.

I've been offering links from those who appear to know more than you or I. You haven't offered anything as a rebuttal except denial.
Irrelevant links because they have nothing to do with the amount of oil available.

Saying that you are off-point is a rebuttal. I even told you what information you need to get on point.

Irrelevant links because they have nothing to do with the amount of oil available.

Saying that you are off-point is a rebuttal. I even told you what information you need to get on point.
As one would say, you are dismissed.

“Drill Baby Drill” is a puerile talking point for those who believe a POTUS can control prices in the oil industry….

One thing that Trump and his allies can always rely on is that the maga faithful will never read or watch news that counters their preferred beliefs. They were told 3 years ago that Joe Biden was wrecking the oil industry and was responsible for the global high oil prices. Nothing to do with Russian sanctions and the Ukraine war at all. It was all Joes fault. That is still their belief today even as the US produces all time record amounts of oil and gas. That's just how maga lives. Firmly planted within the Trump controlled misinformation bubble.
This ^ plus the idea that drilling for oil is "owning or getting the libs" as liberals generally support environmental causes and MAGAs are anti-environmental.

Back
Top Bottom