• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump Disgracefully Politicizes NYC Terror Attack

Did Obama let in the 9/11 hijackers too? How do you know that more vetting would have stopped this man? Are you saying he hated America when he applied for immigration 9 years ago? He's been planning this for 9 years?

Nope. 'Didn't say that. I think before I write.

Oh please. We can only look back to Vegas and the left immediately clamoring for gun control legislation, politicizing the tragedy from minute one.

There was no clamor for gun control after Las Vegan, it was all about those devices that allowed a weapons to act like a machine gun. Do you even know what you are talking about?

There was no clamor for gun control after Las Vegan, it was all about those devices that allowed a weapons to act like a machine gun. Do you even know what you are talking about?

Yah and that was stupid. You can get everything you need at any hardware store to make a bump stock. What are they going to do outlaw springs?

Yah and that was stupid. You can get everything you need at any hardware store to make a bump stock. What are they going to do outlaw springs?
I know nothing about those devices, but from what I have read they should be outlawed. Note that Congress has as usual done nothing, which is kind of typical of these people.
Should we not outlaw bombs, in as much as you can make one from readily available ingredients?

Democrats have no time for grief after Las Vegas shooting - CNNPolitics

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...he-gun-control-debate/?utm_term=.9e99341833b3

You are blinded by your partisanship. These are just two links of many which show that after the Vegas shooting Democrats were already politicizing the event and these links are not from FOX News.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...he-gun-control-debate/?utm_term=.9e99341833b3

You are blinded by your partisanship. These are just two links of many which show that after the Vegas shooting Democrats were already politicizing the event and these links are not from FOX News.
It is well past time to do something about controlling the sale and distribution of weapons, a subject that I do not consider politicizing. If the discourse is not brought up now, then when?

I know nothing about those devices, but from what I have read they should be outlawed. Note that Congress has as usual done nothing, which is kind of typical of these people.
Should we not outlaw bombs, in as much as you can make one from readily available ingredients?

Murder is already illegal, it is impossible to outlaw every tool that can be used to commit murder.
People set on being destructive will find a way. Knee jerk reactions and feel good legislation does nothing.

Why didn't people try to outlaw pressure cookers after the Boston attack? I can make a bump stock but I can't make a pressure cooker...

Murder is already illegal, it is impossible to outlaw every tool that can be used to commit murder.
People set on being destructive will find a way. Knee jerk reactions and feel good legislation does nothing.

Why didn't people try to outlaw pressure cookers after the Boston attack? I can make a bump stock but I can't make a pressure cooker...

With that reasoning, why don't we just legalize all weapons of war, after all people will find a way......

Someone criticizes your party or candidate for something.

Here's a simple way to change the subject and avoid dealing with the substance of the criticism.

Claim that the opposing party or candidate did something similar. Now the discussion is about whether the comparison is fair.

Congratulations, you have successfully changed the subject.

Moreover, given that two wrongs don't make a right, the comparison is irrelevant.

Trump attacking Schumer the day after the shooting about diversity visas which were approved by both parties and signed by H.W. Bush is in poor taste. He was essentially blaming him personally for the massacre.

An equivalent would be Democrats blaming a specific politician for the Las Vegas massacre.

Why can't we all agree that what Trump did was in poor taste.?

Last edited:
It is well past time to do something about controlling the sale and distribution of weapons, a subject that I do not consider politicizing. If the discourse is not brought up now, then when?

Definition of blind partisanship:

When a mass murder happens and the left immediately jumps on the tragedy calling for more gun control, that is not politicizing it but, when a terrorist attack happens in NYC and Trump immediately calls for more vetting then that is politicizing the tragedy.

Definition of blind partisanship:

When a mass murder happens and the left immediately jumps on the tragedy calling for more gun control, that is not politicizing it but, when a terrorist attack happens in NYC and Trump immediately calls for more vetting then that is politicizing the tragedy.

Sounds reasonable

Why can't we all agree that what Trump did was in poor taste.?

Actually not sure what you are talking about. Are you talking about Trump blaming Schumer was in bad taste? I agree. I must point out, however, that Sarah Huckabee Sanders clarified that Trump was not blaming Schumer personally for the attack. Trump has to be given some leeway because voters voted for him knowing that he would never be the "Great Communicator" so it should not be expected of him.

Back
Top Bottom