• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump Declassified Memos Prove FBI Gave Clinton Campaign Pass on Foreign Donors

chuckiechan

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent

Newly released memos, obtained by Just the News, show “FBI agents opened an investigation in late 2014 into a foreign power’s effort to curry influence with Hillary Clinton’s prospective presidential campaign through donations.”

However, agents were thwarted by their own bureau. “The bureau’s leadership slow-walked a surveillance warrant and instead arranged for the candidate to get a defensive briefing” reported Just the News. Memos show “FBI agents became so frustrated that they were being stonewalled from securing a Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act warrant to investigate the foreign money plot that they even escalated to then-FBI Director James Comey.”
[Snip]

The email went on to say that the FBI field office leading the probe was “still uncertain as to why the application has not been sent to DOJ for final approval although several reasons have been put forth by CD [criminal division], most recently that the decision to put the application on hold originated ‘on the seventh floor.”

The seventh floor of the FBI headquarters refers to the location of offices for the FBI director and his team. Comey responded, “Don’t know anything about this but will get smarter.”

As you are slowly becoming aware, your government is crooked. Why are you defending it?

These media sources are moderately to strongly biased toward conservative causes through story selection and/or political affiliation. They may utilize strong loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes), publish misleading reports and omit reporting of information that may damage conservative causes. Some sources in this category may be untrustworthy. See all Right Bias sources.

• Overall, we rate TheGreggJarrett.com Right Biased based on story selection and editorials that routinely favor the right and President Trump. We also rate them Mixed for factual reporting due to the occasional use of poor sources as well as a few failed fact checks.
Detailed Report

Factual Reporting: MIXED
World Press Freedom Rank: USA 45/180

History

Founded in 2016, TheGreggJarrett.com is the personal news blog of author and Fox News Legal Analyst Gregg Jarrett. According to his about page, he states “Gregg Jarrett is a Fox News legal analyst and commentator, and formerly worked as a defense attorney and adjunct law professor. He is the author of the No. 1 New York Times best-selling book “The Russia Hoax: The Illicit Scheme to Clear Hillary Clinton and Frame Donald Trump.” The about page further lists “Prior to joining FNC, Jarrett served as an anchor and correspondent for MSNBC, where he covered the Israeli/Palestinian conflict, the terrorist attacks on 9/11 and the 2000 presidential election from Tallahassee, FL. He also served as an anchor at Court TV for nine years.”

As you are slowly becoming aware, your government is crooked. Why are you defending it?
I don't think you are going to reach the totally blind. I mean the 2016 election pretty much proved this. The Clinton Foundation was raking in the donations prior to the election and yet after she lost in 2016 the Clinton Foundation's donations pretty much dried up. No, there's no pay for play there.

I don't think you are going to reach the totally blind. I mean the 2016 election pretty much proved this. The Clinton Foundation was raking in the donations prior to the election and yet after she lost in 2016 the Clinton Foundation's donations pretty much dried up. No, there's no pay for play there.

I must be blind because none of the links in the article actually contain the "uncovered documents" that prove something illegal happened.

Wait a minute, I think I figured it out: You people think it's bad to warn a campaign about possible foreign interference.

I must be blind because none of the links in the article actually contain the "uncovered documents" that prove something illegal happened.

Wait a minute, I think I figured it out: You people think it's bad to warn a campaign about possible foreign interference.

from the article
The memos, forced into public view by an 11th-hour declassification order by Trump, reveal a glaring contrast in the way the FBI treated Clinton and Trump, respectively, when separate allegations of foreign influence targeting their campaigns emerged in the shadows of the 2016 election.

It is now well documented that Trump's campaign was subjected to FISA warrant surveillance and other intrusive techniques, including secret recordings, when allegations emerged suggesting the Republican campaign was colluding with Russia.

Trump was never given a defensive briefing, and the primary evidence supporting the FISA warrant came from a former MI6 operative named Christopher Steele who was paid by the Clinton campaign through its law firm. The allegations were later debunked, some as Russian disinformation.

In this case the point of the piece was what they did for Clinton, they did not do for Trump as required.
When foreign actors start snooping in campaigns, the FBI sits down and helps them avoid the problem because obviously the campaign is for a federal office. The FBI sat down with the Clinton campaign and provided a “defensive briefing” - Exactly what they are supposed to do for both campaigns.
They decided not do this for Trump. Instead they went after him and his people by use of leaks to the media, and falsely representing their mission in contacts with the campaign, and to falsly obtain FISA warrants to tap their communications.

from the article

In this case the point of the piece was what they did for Clinton, they did not do for Trump as required.
When foreign actors start snooping in campaigns, the FBI sits down and helps them avoid the problem because obviously the campaign is for a federal office. The FBI sat down with the Clinton campaign and provided a “defensive briefing” - Exactly what they are supposed to do for both campaigns.
They decided not do this for Trump. Instead they went after him and his people by use of leaks to the media, and falsely representing their mission in contacts with the campaign, and to falsly obtain FISA warrants to tap their communications.

They decided not to do this for Trump because they had reason to expect he might be in on it. What, you want the FBI to tip off conspirators to their investigations now?

I know, you think that was all bullshit. Your opinion is uninteresting to the FBI.

The documents presented do not support your claims. I suggest you read them instead of just assuming some right wing blog is telling you the whole story.

They are Democrats, big govt is a must for them to retain power, and their pathetic base of freeloaders.

I'm just going to put it out there because no one else wants to.
Here's my question: When did Trump become aware of this? And why wasn't any action taken on his orders? Were his orders to investigate and prosecute Hillary ignored? Did Trump issue any orders when this came to his attention? Trump promised to prosecute Hillary and he never did. WHY?

That and they've decided to lock themselves in this little box of unreality, which they can only do by exclusively reading these ridiculously obscure sites they always seem to be citing; sites that'll run an article whose headline blares on about how the DNC loves sexually harassing women, but if you waste your time on the link you'll find that the article is based on one of the last of two workers who were still in the building at midnight used the ladies' room before heading home because the janitor accidentally locked the men's.

Here's my question: When did Trump become aware of this? And why wasn't any action taken on his orders? Were his orders to investigate and prosecute Hillary ignored? Did Trump issue any orders when this came to his attention? Trump promised to prosecute Hillary and he never did. WHY?
I don’t believe a president can order an investigation. Trump, being a civilian first, assumed like most of us do that crimes are punished. As a rule the swamp leaves it’s inhabitants alone. Trump was not swamp and was seen as a threat to the multinationals gravy train from China. Plus, he had no insider swamp knowledge of where the bodies are buried to protect himself.

I don’t believe a president can order an investigation. Trump, being a civilian first, assumed like most of us do that crimes are punished. As a rule the swamp leaves it’s inhabitants alone. Trump was not swamp and was seen as a threat to the multinationals gravy train from China. Plus, he had no insider swamp knowledge of where the bodies are buried to protect himself.
Sure Trump can. And did. He ordered AG Barr to investigate the Bidens. He ordered the DOJ to investigate voter fraud. Trump will fire you if you do not do his bidding. Just ask AG Sessions or Director Comey.

The fact is, Trump did not pursue prosecution of Hillary as he had promised. There is a reason for this and we need to get to the bottom of it. Trump is hiding something.

Back
Top Bottom