• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump Controlled Mark Meadows Disputes Expert Advice On Masks

I would say what I myself think is the country's biggest problem but I'd probably get blasted to hell and back .. normally I don't care but today I'm not in the mood, I guess

don't be scared. tell us what we need to know. what is the country's biggest problem?

If this was true (it's not), why would Trump even bring him onboard? There are others that Trump refused to listen to, such as pandemic expert Dr. David Ho. Trump does things his own uninformed way, that's the country's biggest problem.

In every other post you claim Trump is an incompetent idiot, but now you're asking if Fauci was an idiot, why would Trump pick him?

When did you become a Trump supporter?

You wouldn't be talking about this Dr. Anthony (Faux) Fauci, would you?

1.) Dr. Fauci says he warned Trump in January that the US was in real trouble but that is not what he said publicly.

In January Dr. Anthony Fauci told Newsmax TV that the United States “did not have to worry”about the coronavirus and that it was“not a major threat.”

Back when the numbers were more manageable. And, he did say it should be taken seriously (not a hoax like the right wing alleges). Why did the mobile hospitals and hospital ships get withdrawn from active service back then?

The second point is also being misrepresented by the right wing. And, I stopped there.

It is the right wing that alleges the pandemic is a democrat hoax, from the very top.

Last edited:
Crazy that it’s been less than two weeks since the Trump campaign killed Herman Cain and that’s not even like a top 50 news story anymore.

Sturgis ni 14 days.
Deep discount on used Harleys.
Two hundred fifty thousand attendees, most without masks or social distancing, what are the odds that five to eight thousand are going to die and thirty thousand will be infected?

We've seen it play out again and again and again, with even the founder of a well known anti-mask CT group whose last words were,
"I think I made a big mistake."

Google Search

Last edited:
Back when the numbers were more manageable. And, he did say it should be taken seriously (not a hoax like the right wing alleges). Why did the mobile hospitals and hospital ships get withdrawn from active service back then?

They were withdrawn because they weren't being used. There were no hospitals being over run as advertised.

The second point is also being misrepresented by the right wing. And, I stopped there.

It is the right wing that alleges the pandemic is a democrat hoax, from the very top.

Nobody ever said the pandemic was a hoax. Ever.

They were withdrawn because they weren't being used. There were no hospitals being over run as advertised.

Nobody ever said the pandemic was a hoax. Ever.

Do you know we have a McCarthy era phrase in our pledge? Bearing false witness is not only immoral but also unethical. Why should anyone take right wingers seriously?

My state has a mask mandate. Shortly after the mandate went into effect, case numbers started dropping. It is that way for most places with mandates.

The 'experts'......

They arent effective, but soon, we can use the mask issue to better control the population.

Do you know we have a McCarthy era phrase in our pledge? Bearing false witness is not only immoral but also unethical. Why should anyone take right wingers seriously?

So lets make sure we are both on the same page.

You know nothing about the USS Comfort leaving New York or why it left

You know nothing about the mobile hospital set up in NY or why they left

And you think the virus itself was labeled as a hoax by Trump.

Is this your statement?

In every other post you claim Trump is an incompetent idiot, but now you're asking if Fauci was an idiot, why would Trump pick him?

When did you become a Trump supporter?

I see you deflected away from my question, but it doesn't matter anyway. Fauci served other administrations well, and low and behold the problems start with guess who. Trump doesn't listen to anyone anyway, because, as we've not seen, he has a very good brain. :roll:

I see you deflected away from my question, but it doesn't matter anyway. Fauci served other administrations well, and low and behold the problems start with guess who. Trump doesn't listen to anyone anyway, because, as we've not seen, he has a very good brain. :roll:

No, Fauci's problems started in the 80's with his idiotic claims on HIV. Not much has changed since then.

No, Fauci's problems started in the 80's with his idiotic claims on HIV. Not much has changed since then.

Well, again, why did Trump use him? He could have gone with someone else if he was concerned. Why didn't Trump go with someone else to advise the nation, hmm?
Oh, and Trump didn't follow Dr. David Ho's advice to shot down simultaneously instead of sequentially. Yeah, Fauci's not the problem in this equation.

Well, again, why did Trump use him? He could have gone with someone else if he was concerned. Why didn't Trump go with someone else to advise the nation, hmm?
Oh, and Trump didn't follow Dr. David Ho's advice to shot down simultaneously instead of sequentially. Yeah, Fauci's not the problem in this equation.

He used Fauci because he was the guy the left might listen too. Bad mistake.

The 'experts'......

They arent effective, but soon, we can use the mask issue to better control the population.

They are less effective when even just a few maskless persons are in close proximity. Only the right wing alleges the pandemic is a hoax.

And, the problem is asymptomatic persons with the virus not wearing masks because they don't think they are sick.

Last edited:
Recent officially indoctrinated Trump flunky Mark Meadows is actively disputing expert advice from healthcare professionals, such as Dr. Anthony Fauci and Dr. Deborah Birx, on the effectiveness of face coverings/masks. If only he had such an inkling as to the dangers of not wearing masks or social distancing at the indoor Trump rally in Tulsa, OK, maybe Herman Cain would still be with us. That's the problem, Meadows has no such concerns on his own, they are the orders of Donald Trump that Meadows follows, which is this latest questioning of the usefulness of masks against transmission of the disease, going against the actual proven science that has been effective in other countries combined with complete lockdown, and social distancing when needed. Meanwhile, Covid continues to spread and kill in the U.S.
Meadows has solidified his future description in historical articles as 'disgraced fraud, and Trump flunky Mark Meadows'.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-struggled-summer-coronavirus/2020/08/08/e12ceace-d80a-11ea-aff6-220dd3a14741_story.html

He can join the club of disgraced politicians that Trump leaves in his wake.

71U1crr32ML.jpg

Those blue masks you see people wearing in grocery stores aren't protecting anyone from this nano sized virus. Let me be clear on that point.

The Mayo Clinic says that you are wrong.

Surgical masks

Also called a medical mask, a surgical mask is a loose-fitting disposable mask that protects the wearer's nose and mouth from contact with droplets, splashes and sprays that may contain germs. A surgical mask also filters out large particles in the air. Surgical masks may protect others by reducing exposure to the saliva and respiratory secretions of the mask wearer.

At this time, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration has not approved any type of surgical mask specifically for protection against the coronavirus, but these masks may provide some protection when N95 masks are not available.
N95 masks

COVID-19: How much protection do face masks offer? - Mayo Clinic

I have 3 blue masks that I keep in a ziplock bag in my purse plus a 3-layer cloth mask that my medical insurane company sent me that I keep in my car.

Last edited:
The 'experts'......

They are effective in containing spread if you have the disease. If you know you have symptoms or the disease wear a mask. If you haven't been tested, wear a mask. Stop using just part of the information. I don't have symptoms, but I haven't been tested, so I wear a mask. I would wear one anyway because you can't trust people out there to wear one whether they've been tested or know they have the disease or don't know.

He used Fauci because he was the guy the left might listen too. Bad mistake.

Yes just because Fauci is a world renowned expert in infectious diseases that spent his life studying epidemics and how they can be controlled it was a mistake not appoint a Trump loyalist even if he knew nothing about viruses or disease control.

As a physician with the National Institutes of Health (NIH), Fauci has served American public health in various capacities for over 50 years, and has been an advisor to every U.S. president since Ronald Reagan.[3] He has made contributions to HIV/AIDS research and other immunodeficiency diseases, both as a scientist and as the head of the NIAID at the NIH.[5] From 1983 to 2002, Fauci was one of the world's most-cited scientists in scientific journals.

Anthony Fauci - Wikipedia

They are effective in containing spread if you have the disease. If you know you have symptoms or the disease wear a mask. If you haven't been tested, wear a mask. Stop using just part of the information. I don't have symptoms, but I haven't been tested, so I wear a mask. I would wear one anyway because you can't trust people out there to wear one whether they've been tested or know they have the disease or don't know.

268c0048c1352fa824a867332e3a5367181399294c6efa256b35083902564dd2_1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom