• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump Appears To Surrender To Coronavirus Spread, Embraces Deadlier 'Herd' Strategy | MSNBC

Not really. A properly formed risk analysis will clearly detail the answer of whether one should be concerned of dying from Covid-19. Once that equation has been solved, more sound decisions can be made

I'm one likely to pay for it the rest of my life if I get it.

Can I tell the herd immunity guys to go **** themselves?

They certainly don't want to feed me while they do what's best for the donor class.

2.5 million lost lives according to this estimate: Coronavirus Today: The costs of herd immunity - Los Angeles Times

...another 230,000 in this one (and declaration of it as a very bad idea): Is herd immunity the answer to the COVID-19 problem? | UCHealth Today

'''The death toll would be enormous,''' Fauci says of herd immunity to coronavirus in the U.S.

For this so-called, shot in the dark herd immunity, you need 60% of the population infected. At a 1% death rate, that is over 2,000,000.

Its a very bad idea. I do live in fear of people that do not follow the science and shoot from the hip, their ideas tend to be very bad. If Trump thinks this is a good idea, let him lead. He can be the first one infected in our herd immunity drive.

I will not discount what you say because it exemplifies the, "expert" opinions and data sets, confusion and arguments.
Opposing "experts" voice their opinions and then we as individuals must discern and decide what action to take. generally one should err on the side of prudence for oneself but not expect others to do differently... each must do what is determined to be correct for his situation..
I encourage people to not live in fear; for some fear is a way of life, and for some who choose extreme prudence it's the correct action.
A correct action for you may not be so for another..
hang in there ug,

They certainly don't want to feed me while they do what's best for the donor class.

Do what's right for you.. stay home and be safe if needbe.

Do what's right for you.. stay home and be safe if needbe.

Actually, l would like to get back to work.

You idiots are making it take longer.

I think I would be safer if y'all died.

Think we can make that happen?

Since we're sanctioning an approach that will kill thousands more than need be and all.

I can't imagine my way would be worse. I would enjoy it, anyway.

I have had two valued employees - friends, for that matter - die from this ****.

And then listening to TP here, telling us to just let the disease have it's way.

It strains my good nature.

Actually, l would like to get back to work.

You idiots are making it take longer.
I think I would be safer if y'all died.
Think we can make that happen?

Since we're sanctioning an approach that will kill thousands more than need be and all.
I can't imagine my way would be worse. I would enjoy it, anyway.

off topic personal aside:

wowwwwww
Personally, I find it beyond my perception to comprehend
the dissatisfaction, fear, and vengeance you seem to hold.
Often, gratitude, happiness, and joy must be sought;
It is my sincere wish that those awarenesses will find you.
happiness to you sir,
goodnight.

I have had two valued employees - friends, for that matter - die from this ****.

And then listening to TP here, telling us to just let the disease have it's way.

Condolences for your loss sir.

I am sorry to hear that, it is a bitch of a virus. My girlfriend and I had it in June, we were lucky it was mild, it could have been much worse.

off topic personal aside:

wowwwwww
Personally, I find it beyond my perception to comprehend
the dissatisfaction, fear, and vengeance you seem to hold.
Often, gratitude, happiness, and joy must be sought;
It is my sincere wish that those awarenesses will find you.
happiness to you sir,
goodnight.

If all you do is turn the other cheek you just end up beat up.

And y'all keep believing we're afraid.

That will be perfect.

I am sorry to hear that, it is a bitch of a virus. My girlfriend and I had it in June, we were lucky it was mild, it could have been much worse.

I have had a coworker get it, and it wiped him out.. and another co-worker had her father pass away from it this week. Another person I know was in the hospital 57 days, and was on a ventilator for more that 40 of those days. He has not been back to work except ot log on and give some progress reports on his phyisical situation .

It's about time ! Virus gotta' Virus; let it run it's course while we learn solid techniques for
lessening it's severity..
Let's get on with our lives .

this has got to be one of the dumbest posts i have ever read in my life

Not really. A properly formed risk analysis will clearly detail the answer of whether one should be concerned of dying from Covid-19. Once that equation has been solved, more sound decisions can be made

You do realize that letting COVID-19 run rampant through the United States of America will have devastating impact on the US economy (well, except for morticians, undertakers, and funeral home operators), don't you.

The first impact will be a total ban on anyone who comes from the United States of America entering any country in the world. That will mean that you can kiss off almost the entirety of the American airline industry (and the American aircraft manufacturing sector [and the American aircraft parts manufacturing sector {and any jobs that are in any way dependent on any of those three}]).

It's time we call the advocacy for "herd immunity" from the coronavirus before we get a vaccine what it really is. Consider this:

The fatality rate of COVID-19 has varied over time but has consistently remained above 1%.

The coronavirus' R0 has been estimated to be somewhere between 2 to 4. Then herd immunity requires at least 50% of people to get the virus.

This means that "herd immunity" advocates are calling for AT LEAST 320,000,000 Americans x 1% x 50% = 1.6 million Americans to die, not including the many millions more who would suffer catastrophic symptoms.

These people--and I use that term loosely--are literally calling for genocide.

PIFFLE!

You are talking about a mere 0.483% of the population. You have to get (at least) above 1% before you can even think about calling it "genocide".

Besides, "American" is NOT a genetic trait so killing "Americans" couldn't possibly be "genocide".

Besides, in order to commit "genocide" you have to be actively killing people, and simply letting them get sick and die is NOT actively killing them.

[The above form of "Internet Rebuttal" has been specifically and officially approved and endorsed by "Devoted Online Lovers of Trump" Inc. (a non-partisan, independent, research and analysis organization exempt from federal taxation that is dedicated to bringing you the true truth and not the false truth that anyone who doesn't believe 100% of what Donald Trump says tries to tell you the so-called "facts" are), "Pro-Life United Gun Enthusiasts and Manufacturers for Jesus", and “"TheFirst Amendment Rights Trust’ Foundation”.]

It's time we call the advocacy for "herd immunity" from the coronavirus before we get a vaccine what it really is. Consider this:

The fatality rate of COVID-19 has varied over time but has consistently remained above 1%.

The coronavirus' R0 has been estimated to be somewhere between 2 to 4. Then herd immunity requires at least 50% of people to get the virus.

This means that "herd immunity" advocates are calling for AT LEAST 320,000,000 Americans x 1% x 50% = 1.6 million Americans to die, not including the many millions more who would suffer catastrophic symptoms.

These people--and I use that term loosely--are literally calling for genocide.

far reich ideologies inevitably become death cults.

this has got to be one of the dumbest posts i have ever read in my life

? more curiosity about your position.
How would you specifically and instantaneously, STOP Mother Nature ?
(a virus being a force of nature).

same way we stopped ebola, polio, whooping cough... tons of Mother Nature.

Good Grief, I should not have to answer this, it is that obvious an answer

same way we stopped ebola, polio, whooping cough... tons of Mother Nature.

Good Grief, I should not have to answer this, it is that obvious an answer

NONE of which were instantly stopped...

NONE of which were instantly stopped...

yeah, and?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

do you have a point? did we take no precautions when these ravished?

did we say just let the disease whip us out?

WTF is with you people? Were you never taught to think?

Ever?

yeah, and?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

do you have a point? did we take no precautions when these ravished?

did we say just let the disease whip us out?

WTF is with you people? Were you never taught to think?

Ever?

Obvious is the fact that they did run their course until after many years of research...
maybe, you're too young to remember -shrug-

Instantaneously? Why would you put an impossible-to-achieve modifier in that sentence?
Listen. This is what It's about, what It's always been about- the safety protocols are all about buying time. There's research groups in laboratories all over the world working at developing a vaccine for the virus and effective treatment options and we are trying to not overwhelm the health care facilities in the meantime. And It's working, some places are slowly, carefully opening up and economies are getting back on track. Even in the USA, where it seems like most of the resisters are concentrated, has seen the unemployment rate creep down below 10%.
Why would you risk losing ground gained by giving up now? "Herd immunity" is a chimera, it was the result of losing millions of lives when there was no other option. We can do better than that now.
Some of us can, anyway.

Obvious is the fact that they did run their course until after many years of research...
maybe, you're too young to remember -shrug-

You make no sense in your back shuffle.

Did we do all we could to avoid catching these diseases before we had vaccines? Yes we did. Why not now?

This is just stupid, go away.

Instantaneously? Why would you put an impossible-to-achieve modifier in that sentence?
Listen. This is what It's about, what It's always been about- the safety protocols are all about buying time. There's research groups in laboratories all over the world working at developing a vaccine for the virus and effective treatment options and we are trying to not overwhelm the health care facilities in the meantime. And It's working, some places are slowly, carefully opening up and economies are getting back on track. Even in the USA, where it seems like most of the resisters are concentrated, has seen the unemployment rate creep down below 10%.
Why would you risk losing ground gained by giving up now? "Herd immunity" is a chimera, it was the result of losing millions of lives when there was no other option. We can do better than that now.
Some of us can, anyway.

Whew! Finally, someone caught that!
Actually, GM, I wholeheartedly agree with you.
The 'instantaneous' was used to point out the futility of those wanting this challenge to be met immediately... We will probably live with this for several years... it is we who must adjust our thinking that immunity must be achieved NOW.
You are the only one who caught the asininity of 'instantaneous' .. an immediate fix.
With your and my posts, maybe others will give pause to evaluate expectations and blame. Thanks !

Back
Top Bottom