• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump administration to lift sanctions on three russian companies.

bongsaway

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
Trump administration to lift sanctions on three russian companies.

I'm wondering if they used Reagan's 'trust but verify' method or are just using the trust part?

He's proving that he "has been tougher on Russia than any other president".
Boy howdy when I first saw that steaming pile of horse crap in the papers, I laughed so hard I scared my cats.

I am still a little skeptical on the whole "He's a Russian asset" charge, that's a really, really gigantic leap.

However... If there was one definitive sign that you could point to, in terms of why Putins regime would support a Trump presidency as the Don Jr. Email releases show may be the case, it's Trumps attitude towards Russian sanctions, something that has hit the Russian economy extremely hard and which Russia really, really, really needs eased.

Why would a New York Real Estate Mogul care so much about sanctions on Russia, why would he have such an attitude towards them?

Why would such a person immediately seek out a "Great Relationship with Russia".

Well...

When Rudy Giulani just admitted that:

Giuliani: Moscow Trump Tower Talks Lasted Until Election Day

Giuliani also expanded the time line for how long the Trump Organization was actively looking into the Moscow development, admitting that it continued through Election Day.

https://www.businessinsider.com/dona...-russia-2018-2

"In terms of high-end product influx into the US, Russians make up a pretty disproportionate cross-section of a lot of our assets," Donald Trump Jr. said at a New York real-estate conference that year. "Say, in Dubai, and certainly with our project in SoHo, and anywhere in New York. We see a lot of money pouring in from Russia."
Can someone please explain to me why he felt he had to lie of his dealings with Russia if they were inconsequential and can I have any Trump supporter show any concern whatsoever, any, that he hasn't properly divested himself of his financial interests in his international company?

Because that last part, I think is extremely serious, he hasn't divested himself of his financial interests, to any person, worried about corruption in government and what the motivations of politicians might be, it should be, for any good citizen, a massive concern that he did not do so.

It just doesn't make sense that a New York Real Estate Mogul, should care so much and have such a massive negative opinion of sanctions on Russia, what I've laid out may only be incidental, but boy, is it... Odd.

Back
Top Bottom