• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump administration officially bans bump stocks

Good samaritans?

Well apparently they aren't doing a good enough job as so far only about 40 bump stocks had been turned in nationwide in states that already ban them. Also, why ban something that can be replicated with rubber bands?

How do police find out that you have a bump stock if you're not stupid enough to leave it in plain view of police?

Same way they find out about any other crime, I suppose.

Same way they find out about any other crime, I suppose.

This still doesn't answer the question as to why make the law in the first place. Before the Vegas shooting, most people didn't even heard of them.

This still doesn't answer the question as to why make the law in the first place. Before the Vegas shooting, most people didn't even heard of them.

Most laws are reactive, yes. Asbestos got banned after it killed a bunch of people, not before.

Most laws are reactive, yes. Asbestos got banned after it killed a bunch of people, not before.
Because it was proven repeatedly to be a health risk and there were better alternatives. What is accomplished by banning something that can be replicated with rubber bands?

Because it was proven repeatedly to be a health risk and there were better alternatives. What is accomplished by banning something that can be replicated with rubber bands?

Why buy a plane ticket when you can take a train? Both get you from point A to point B.

Why did anyone buy a bump stock to begin with?

Why buy a plane ticket when you can take a train? Both get you from point A to point B.

One is slower than the other. As opposed to the rubber band method, there is no distinguishable speed difference compared to a bump stock. In fact, I'd wager that the rubber band method requires less skill.

Why did anyone buy a bump stock to begin with?

Range toy. You still didn't answer my question, why ban bump stocks?

Well apparently they aren't doing a good enough job as so far only about 40 bump stocks had been turned in nationwide in states that already ban them. Also, why ban something that can be replicated with rubber bands?

You have to remember that it is NOT important to ACTUALLY do something, but it is very important to LOOK LIKE you are doing something.

Back
Top Bottom