• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trudeau Blames Trump For Canada’s Illegal Immigrant Crisis

Thanks Canada

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

The foreign forumites seem to be avoiding this thread.

Beauty way to go Hosehead (Trudeau).

You mean Canadians are by majority racists and "hate the brown" people too? ;)

Two-thirds of Canadians call the influx of illegal immigrants at the border a “crisis,” and that realization could cut deeply into Prime Minister Justin Trudeau’s support, according to a new poll.

As CTV News reported, the Angus Reid Institute poll suggests that a solid majority of Canadians do not believe the Trudeau government when it insists it has the border situation well under control.

The poll was released Friday, just after the revelation that the Trudeau government has spent $270 million on administrative costs alone to process illegals since February 2017. That doesn’t include the added costs of food, accommodation, public health care and free legal aid

Last edited:
Is this even true? I was never aware that Canada had immigration issues tho im not surprised considering who they share that biggest border on a continent with

It started last winter if I recall correctly. Haitians heading north in the deep of winter. Not crossing at a port of entry, but walking through fields etc.

But yes, the trickle of illegal invaders has Canadians in a full tizzy... and Trudeau looking like a moron, just like his Communist sympathizing father.

What a yo-yo that Trudeau.

He piped up saying "Canada welcomes all!" to illegals and refugees and now he's complaining because they won't stop. Make up your mind, Sparky.

He opened to refugees, not illegals

It started last winter if I recall correctly. Haitians heading north in the deep of winter. Not crossing at a port of entry, but walking through fields etc.

But yes, the trickle of illegal invaders has Canadians in a full tizzy... and Trudeau looking like a moron, just like his Communist sympathizing father.

It happened when Trump stated he was going to deport Haitians who were in the US for years after the earthquake, who had a protected status. Some of them tried to come to Canada instead.

From the OP article excerpt:

Red:
I had to laugh when I read the "red" passage.

Have you ever stayed in a three-star hotel? I suspect most readers here have. It's not exactly something to be upset about, at least not materially more so than the people being put up in homeless shelters.

From Trudeau's interview:
"And certainly, if people are fleeing the United States right now and are choosing to leave the United States right now, it’s not something I said. It is perhaps domestic realities within the political context in the United States that is driving people to move or to make those certain decisions....We see a political party going to a place that no mainstream political party in Canada has gone before, which is playing a very, very dangerous game of starting to turn Canadians against immigration."​
From what the man said:

• The crisis, as Trudeau sees it, isn't that migrants are headed to Canada, but the response of some Canadians to their arrival.
  • Trudeau is right in that the political situation in the US is what's driving folks to leave the US.
    • I'm not sure how your thought processes work, but among rational people, it works like this:
      1. Decide to leave.
      2. Choose a destination.
      3. Go there.
  • Trudeau has rightly observed that among the migrants' destinations is Canada.
bold...the alternative being?

It happened when Trump stated he was going to deport Haitians who were in the US for years after the earthquake, who had a protected status. Some of them tried to come to Canada instead.

Joining the large Haitian community in Quebec.

Joining the large Haitian community in Quebec.

Yes, Quebec has a significant Haitian population, being the largest French speaking community in NA

Both Obama and Trudeau are empty suits.

On the other hand, Trump is not an empty suit at all. He is very full of something..... Very full of it. LOL.

On the other hand, Trump is not an empty suit at all. He is very full of something..... Very full of it. LOL.

Well... some believe that. Are you claiming he’s full of Danarhea? :)

Obama’s legacy is a set of Parker Pens, thanks to your favorite president.

Have a Hairy Krishna and a few beers Dana!:peace

From the OP article excerpt:

Red:
I had to laugh when I read the "red" passage.

Have you ever stayed in a three-star hotel? I suspect most readers here have. It's not exactly something to be upset about, at least not materially more so than the people being put up in homeless shelters.

From Trudeau's interview:
"And certainly, if people are fleeing the United States right now and are choosing to leave the United States right now, it’s not something I said. It is perhaps domestic realities within the political context in the United States that is driving people to move or to make those certain decisions....We see a political party going to a place that no mainstream political party in Canada has gone before, which is playing a very, very dangerous game of starting to turn Canadians against immigration."​
From what the man said:

• The crisis, as Trudeau sees it, isn't that migrants are headed to Canada, but the response of some Canadians to their arrival.
  • Trudeau is right in that the political situation in the US is what's driving folks to leave the US.
    • I'm not sure how your thought processes work, but among rational people, it works like this:
      1. Decide to leave.
      2. Choose a destination.
      3. Go there.
  • Trudeau has rightly observed that among the migrants' destinations is Canada.

bold...the alternative being?
Red:
What? There is no alternative to an observation.

What the hell do you think the man might do, observe "something" that isn't existential, that isn't happening, that hasn't happened and then tell everyone that it is/did? Donald Trump does that; the rest of the world's leaders, by and large, don't.

Trudeau should help Mexico pay for our border wall.

Actually, it provides a good argument for the US and Canada helping Mexico to secure it's much shorter southern border in exchange for a safe third country agreement with Mexico. All three countries have an interest in stopping the flow of migrants, drugs, weapons, and gangs, across that border.

Actually, it provides a good argument for the US and Canada helping Mexico to secure it's much shorter southern border in exchange for a safe third country agreement with Mexico. All three countries have an interest in stopping the flow of migrants, drugs, weapons, and gangs, across that border.

What makes you think Mexico needs anything more than will to secure their southern border? Heck, when those caravans came along the Mexicans just stood aside and let them through. Do you think Mexico really needed help to stop them? Or could it be that Mexico didn't WANT to stop them.

Besides, it's a bad idea to place OUR security in the hands of another country. If we depended upon Mexico, we would be at their mercy. No thanks.

And Canadians who look down their noses because they have themselves estimated as better than us.....aren't.
Dude I’d move to Toronto in a heartbeat if my employer had a similar position available. It’s safer. Has more reliable and cleaner public transportation. And the people are way nicer.

Lol, I may disagree with Obama on most of his positions but to call Trudeau "Obama light" is an insult to Obama. Obama is both intelligent and charismatic, two qualities Trudeau is severely lacking.

True, but Trudeau is much easier on the eyes:lamo

I have in recent years been wondering more and more if "Canadian Nice" is actually in function a cover for Canadians lack of honesty with themselves about who they are....they have some part of themselves in a internal dungeon and they live in fear that the secret will get out that they have malevolence in them like everyone else.

Keeping in mind that I have never paid enough attention to Canadians.

I have rarely found them interesting.

Their reaction to Trump has been.
that’s it, make yourself feel better about your own shortcomings and insecurities by trashing a nation and their people that you know very little about.

that’s it, make yourself feel better about your own shortcomings and insecurities by trashing a nation and their people that you know very little about.

I know Canada well. One of the many places I’ve lived (Ont. B.C.), have some family there. Am there at the moment for a few weeks.

Canada is a first-rate, third-rate country... which, like Europeans, has a chip on their shoulder regarding the US.

Yeah, everyone is clamoring to live in Canada.
Is this even true? I was never aware that Canada had immigration issues tho im not surprised considering who they share that biggest border on a continent with

Yeah, everyone is clamoring to live in Canada.
It’s a hell of a lot safer, I don’t have to worry about getting shot in a public space or a school in Canada by some psychopath with a hard on for guns. And I can walk down the streets of Toronto and Quebec and worry very little about getting mugged or robbed.

So why isn't everyone clamoring to live there? Chitown is a place in Canada?
It’s a hell of a lot safer, I don’t have to worry about getting shot in a public space or a school in Canada by some psychopath with a hard on for guns. And I can walk down the streets of Toronto and Quebec and worry very little about getting mugged or robbed.

Dude I’d move to Toronto in a heartbeat if my employer had a similar position available. It’s safer. Has more reliable and cleaner public transportation. And the people are way nicer.

You mean the communist government in Chicago isn't doing a good job?

Back
Top Bottom