• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trevor Noah explains the Covington kids

It says you proudly support the guy that the white pointy hat wearers support. The guy from whom it's like pulling teeth to get him to say, "mmm, white pointy hat wears are bad, mkay".

Wearing the MAGA hat actually does a better job of bring out the real "evil" people out from the woodworks, if we are going to use such terminology. Just put one on and walk around minding your own business and see who accosts you, assaults you, steals your property, harasses you, ect.

Wearing the MAGA hat actually does a better job of bring out the real "evil" people out from the woodworks, if we are going to use such terminology. Just put one on and walk around minding your own business and see who accosts you, assaults you, steals your property, harasses you, ect.

There are evil people on both sides. If you support Trump, then you support evil. If you would assault someone just because they were wearing a MAGA hat, then you're evil also.

See how that works.

There are evil people on both sides. If you support Trump, then you support evil. If you would assault someone just because they were wearing a MAGA hat, then you're evil also.

See how that works.

FFS...

Supporting Trump is not supporting evil. Learn how to think for yourself. Quit trying to push that the other side is evil. Win political fights by having the better ideas, not better name calling optics.

See how that works.

This post pretty much sums up the problem we have today with polarization. We have far too many people that dehumanize the "other" and paint them as evil rather than as someone who simply disagrees with them on certain issues. Trump may be an immoral person, a liar, and quite frankly an idiot but to cast him and those that support him as evil because they have a difference of opinion is preposterous.

This post pretty much sums up the problem we have today with polarization. We have far too many people that dehumanize the "other" and paint them as evil rather than as someone who simply disagrees with them on certain issues. Trump may be an immoral person, a liar, and quite frankly an idiot but to cast him and those that support him as evil because they have a difference of opinion is preposterous.

Trump is evil because he is chose to be evil. Not because I have a difference of opinion with him.

Trump has had more opportunities than almost everyone else in the world. He didn't use them to gain knowledge or do anything to better humanity. He used them to facilitate the evil lifestyle that he chose.

He has not evinced many core opinions to have a difference of opinion with. He chooses the "opinion" that he thinks will rally his base or get him out of some slippery spot.

Last edited:
Trump is evil because he is chose to be evil. Not because I have a difference of opinion with him.

Trump has had more opportunities than almost everyone else in the world. He didn't use them to gain knowledge or do anything to better humanity. He used them to facilitate the evil lifestyle that he chose.

He has not evinced many core opinions to have a difference of opinion with. He chooses the "opinion" that he thinks will rally his base or get him out of some slippery spot.

When something does seem to be one of his core "opinions" ... it doesn't look good for anyone who wants to argue against him being evil.

Such as his love for murderous dictators ... that's one thing he has been fairly consistent about.

So, um, yeah ... evil.

It is always funny to me how much the new progressives sound just like the old puritans. Progressivism has really become the new secular religion. Should we get a big red "B" for bigot sewn to his jacket?

It is always funny to me how much the new progressives sound just like the old puritans. Progressivism has really become the new secular religion. Should we get a big red "B" for bigot sewn to his jacket?

So, since you can't realistically deny that he is evil, you make fun of others for caring about morality.

Got it.

Thanks for your concession.

You'd be hard pressed to find the verbal evidence to make a case that this assessment of the content of that video is correct.

Noah does not say that MAGA caps made the confrontation occur.

Only if you don't watch the video.

So, since you can't realistically deny that he is evil, you make fun of others for caring about morality.

Got it.

Thanks for your concession.

You are the one making the accusation, the burden of proof of his "evil" is on you. I already stated I view him as immoral, a liar, and idiot. I haven't seen anything that he has done that would cause me to believe he is "evil". There have been numerous dictators and leaders that "evil" is an accurate description in my opinion, putting Trump into that category however waters down the term. It would be the equivalent of putting a minor league player into the MLB hall of fame despite never making the bigs.

You are the one making the accusation, the burden of proof of his "evil" is on you. I already stated I view him as immoral, a liar, and idiot. I haven't seen anything that he has done that would cause me to believe he is "evil". There have been numerous dictators and leaders that "evil" is an accurate description in my opinion, putting Trump into that category however waters down the term. It would be the equivalent of putting a minor league player into the MLB hall of fame despite never making the bigs.

Trump loves those murderous dictators. He is immoral, a liar, someone who devoted his life to hedonism, someone who loves evil people, someone who didn't care what kind of haters he was stirring up when he spearheaded a birther campaign (or what the consequences could be to the Obama family), someone who chose to use ripping children from their parents as a tactic to intimidate would-be migrants, and I could come up with a lot more but first I'd want to make a bigger list and then pick out the top five or so. Yet to you, it's not clearly evil unless it actually crosses over into the murderous dictator category?

You're revealing much about yourself without doing anything to debunk the notion that Trump is evil.

AND you tried to deflect by making fun of me for caring about morality.

Yes, revealing much about yourself.

Last edited:
Here's a hint for those that don't feel like watching 3-4 min of video....it's the hats and the Trump support that made it happen.

He starts out acknowledging that the media got it wrong...and then blames Trump and the hats. Bottom line, for Trevor Noah, yeah, it sucks that the kids got death threats but that's what the 1st Amendment is all about.

Can South Africa take back their export now? We got the UK to take back Piers Morgan.

Trump loves those murderous dictators. He is immoral, a liar, someone who devoted his life to hedonism, someone who loves evil people, someone who didn't care what kind of haters he was stirring up when he spearheaded a birther campaign, someone who chose to use ripping children from their parents as a tactic to intimidate would-be migrants, and I could come up with a lot more but first I'd want to make a bigger list and then pick out the top five or so. Yet to you, it's not clearly evil unless it actually crosses over into the murderous dictator category?

You're revealing much about yourself without doing anything to debunk the notion that Trump is evil.

AND you tried to deflect by making fun of me for caring about morality.

Yes, revealing much about yourself.

Evil is typically used in the context of profound wickedness. While I think you can easily make the case that Trump is immoral (and I would agree with you), nothing he has done meets the bar for evil. The best case that could be made in favor of it is the use of drones and bombs to kill people abroad, by this standard every President of my adult life and for the foreseeable future could be considered evil.

Evil is typically used in the context of profound wickedness. While I think you can easily make the case that Trump is immoral (and I would agree with you), nothing he has done meets the bar for evil. The best case that could be made in favor of it is the use of drones and bombs to kill people abroad, by this standard every President of my adult life and for the foreseeable future could be considered evil.

omg

.... so Trump is profoundly immoral, thoughtless, cruel, enamored of murderous dictators, etc. ... but just shy of evil .....

Whatever, Felicia.

Red Trump Hats are the new White Pointy hoods....don't ya know.

Not really, but there is a pointy point here: has Trump ever said when America WAS great? Was it the 60s before Medicare? Was it the 1950s before civil rights legislation? Was it the 1930s during the time of lynching? What hallowed time in the past does MAGA refer to? Otherwise it should just be MAG. My own interpretation is that it was before the uncertain times that whites and males have had to deal with in recent years and before the scary “press one for English, two for Spanish.” Others thoughts?

omg

.... so Trump is profoundly immoral, thoughtless, cruel, enamored of murderous dictators, etc. ... but just shy of evil .....

Whatever, Felicia.

Morality can be very subjective. There are many in the US that would view you as immoral at best or pure evil at worst for supporting abortion or wanting to take from those that earned their money in order to give to those who did not.

Not really, but there is a pointy point here: has Trump ever said when America WAS great? Was it the 60s before Medicare? Was it the 1950s before civil rights legislation? Was it the 1930s during the time of lynching? What hallowed time in the past does MAGA refer to? Otherwise it should just be MAG. My own interpretation is that it was before the uncertain times that whites and males have had to deal with in recent years and before the scary “press one for English, two for Spanish.” Others thoughts?

Actually Trump did give an answer.

https://www.cnn.com/2016/03/26/politics/donald-trump-when-america-was-great/index.html

Edit: hmmm ... sounds like the reporter asked a leading question ... preemptively defining greatness in economic and defense terms.

Here's a hint for those that don't feel like watching 3-4 min of video....it's the hats and the Trump support that made it happen.

He starts out acknowledging that the media got it wrong...and then blames Trump and the hats. Bottom line, for Trevor Noah, yeah, it sucks that the kids got death threats but that's what the 1st Amendment is all about.

To lefties the MAGA hat proves the young white kids are hateful racists deserving of the worst disrespect that can be openly showered on them by the offended black racists and fake Vietnam veteran drum beating mixed breed Indian chief and tribal followers.

Actually Trump did give an answer.

https://www.cnn.com/2016/03/26/politics/donald-trump-when-america-was-great/index.html

Edit: hmmm ... sounds like the reporter asked a leading question ... preemptively defining greatness in economic and defense terms.
pp
The question remains unanswered. “A sense of security and someone to blame” was the phrase that stood out in the clip. If having “someone to blame” is one’s world view, that’s pretty sad. Doesn’t suggest security. Again, has he ever said when America was great?

Morality can be very subjective. There are many in the US that would view you as immoral at best or pure evil at worst for supporting abortion or wanting to take from those that earned their money in order to give to those who did not.

Irony alert ... this profoundly immoral man who loves evil doers but whom you're bending over backwards to defend against a charge of being evil .... today he called the media evil. (Yeah, yeah, he called "Fake News" evil, but "Fake News" is just whatever part of the media he is annoyed with.)

So, again this is a case of Trump defenders calling foul when people do to Trump what Trump does to others.

Go write Trump a letter telling him he was wrong to call the media evil, and then we can talk again .

Irony alert ... this profoundly immoral man who loves evil doers but whom you're bending over backwards to defend against a charge of being evil .... today he called the media evil. (Yeah, yeah, he called "Fake News" evil, but "Fake News" is just whatever part of the media he is annoyed with.)

So, again this is a case of Trump defenders calling foul when people do to Trump what Trump does to others.

Go write Trump a letter telling him he was wrong to call the media evil, and then we can talk again .

I'm not bending over backwards to defend anything. If you believe he is evil that is your issue not mine. I think it is a rather ridiculous statement and as I said dilutes the term to include him into that category typically reserved for worst human rights violators in history. Nothing Trump has done would even be a footnote in the biographies of leaders like Mao, Hitler, or Stalin. If Trump is to be considered "evil" then we would have to come up with a new term for the worst humanity has to offer.

Ignoring the court order that forced Obama to release families detained together and institute "catch and release" (which worked, contrary to propaganda) and ramping up the policy such that children were separated and indefinitely held from their families, to the point where quite a lot are still (and likely permanently) severed from family?

I didn't agree with what she said at first, but traumatizing little kids to try to deter illegals from coming here is ****ing evil.

It don't care what someone thinks about illegal immigration. Best thing ever, worst thing ever. That really is evil. And it makes me ashamed to call myself an American.

I thought we hit bottom when we said we were justified in torturing people to find out if they're the terrorists we thought they were. These are children. Little ****ing children.

And anyone who responds with anything like "but the chiiiiildreeeen hehe" can burn in hell with Trump, not that there's a hell to burn in, but one might hope).

Ignoring the court order that forced Obama to release families detained together and institute "catch and release" (which worked, contrary to propaganda) and ramping up the policy such that children were separated and indefinitely held from their families, to the point where quite a lot are still (and likely permanently) severed from family?

I didn't agree with what she said at first, but traumatizing little kids to try to deter illegals from coming here is ****ing evil.

It don't care what someone thinks about illegal immigration. Best thing ever, worst thing ever. That really is evil. And it makes me ashamed to call myself an American.

I thought we hit bottom when we said we were justified in torturing people to find out if they're the terrorists we thought they were. These are children. Little ****ing children.

And anyone who responds with anything like "but the chiiiiildreeeen hehe" can burn in hell with Trump, not that there's a hell to burn in, but one might hope).

Technically he didn't ignore the court order as he was following the law and not detaining them together. He was detaining the parents for breaking the law which leaves the question as to what should be done with the kids. If an American citizen breaks the law they don't get to just skip out on jail time because they have kids. I view that less as a testament to his "evilness" and more with our broken system that needs reform.

Back
Top Bottom