• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Transgender Track Athlete Wins CT State Championship, Debate Ensues

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know right? How dare they base their arguments on facts.

Yeah, what the progressives are saying is that if you want to win a women's sporting event your best bet is to be born a male.

Remember the trans-male forced to wrestle girls in Texas? He obviously defeated them all, and The reason was rules that he must compete against girls, rules put in place by conservatives such as yourself who feel all icky. If he had to wrestle boys (as he wished), it would have been much fairer. I think of the poor girls who had to wrestle him.

"I feel icky" is not a reason to make laws.

Does that mean women would be required to grow balls before being allowed to compete with men?

I don't think your going to have the same problem in that direction as women have a disadvantage and would likely not make the cut.

Interestingly, there is a bit of a stir in the PGA where top female golfers want to compete, but then that isn't because they expect to win, or suddenly think they are a man, it is simply because the top money earner in the LPGA earn the equivalent of the 40th ranked PGA pro (the second ranked earner is equivalent to teh 100th ranked PGA pro). The ladies want in the PGA for the money, not the wins.

To you, because this isn't important to you.

To those that train for thousands of hours, it is.

This isn't about you. This is about competitive athletes, whom which you cannot relate.

I have 3 sons, all of whom were and are on championship and state championship winning sports teams in high school. None of them trained "thousands of hours". My husband was a professional hockey player at one time. He didn't train "thousands of hours". What makes you think the girls in Connecticut High Schools train "thousands of hours"?

Remember the trans-male forced to wrestle girls in Texas? He obviously defeated them all, and The reason was rules that he must compete against girls, rules put in place by conservatives such as yourself who feel all icky. If he had to wrestle boys (as he wished), it would have been much fairer. I think of the poor girls who had to wrestle him.

"I feel icky" is not a reason to make laws.

LOL. So you think the law that forces laws to apply to transgenders as if they are their new chosen sex are conservative? :roll:

I don't think your going to have the same problem in that direction as women have a disadvantage and would likely not make the cut.

Interestingly, there is a bit of a stir in the PGA where top female golfers want to compete, but then that isn't because they expect to win, or suddenly think they are a man, it is simply because the top money earner in the LPGA earn the equivalent of the 40th ranked PGA pro (the second ranked earner is equivalent to teh 100th ranked PGA pro). The ladies want in the PGA for the money, not the wins.
That's the thing though, women are only concerned when they feel they are disadvantaged. They want equality until it has a negative impact on them. They don't care about doing something about unfair advantages they have over men or pay inequality when they are on top.

Women want into the PGA then let me into women's tennis. They earn more than their male counterparts but you won't hear any of them advocating for that.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I467 using Tapatalk

Yes, professionals want to make money. It's terrible. Their lady-ness might rub off on the men.

LOL. So you think the law that forces laws to apply to transgenders as if they are their new chosen sex are conservative? :roll:

The law that forced that particular athlete to compete against girls because he wasn't born with a penis was.

The law that forced that particular athlete to compete against girls because he wasn't born with a penis was.

Ah, read your initial statement wrong, so let's start over... So you are mad at conservatives for forcing a person born a female to compete in female sports because the drugs she was taking gave her an unfair advantage over the other girls.... but see no problem with a person born a male having an unfair advantage over females is female sports? Are you sure you don't want to rethink your argument?

Simple solution: Don't conditionally apply the proscription of performance enhancing drugs in athletes based on their chosen gender.

I don't think this is an isolated incident, and, unfortunately, science tells us that biological males are typically stronger than biological females.

It leaves us (and the school districts) with a quandary.

I like athletics, but I'm not a fan of competitive sports in schools. I think they should be moved to community recreational centers, but I can see where situations like this will upset girls and their parents.

I really don't know the answer -- transgender students should have the same right to compete -- and, if they they identify as the other sex, they should probably be allowed to compete as such.

What I think will eventually happen is that sports are removed from the school arena, and that's not necessarily a bad thing.

I think it would be, why would you say it's not necessarily bad? KIds, suseptible to dru=gs and later crime, need those activities, and they can make the difference for them, but I'm certainly open to hearing why you think it's not necessarily bad?

Yes, professionals want to make money. It's terrible. Their lady-ness might rub off on the men.

You like to miss points. My point is that there will be athletes born a male who can't make the cut in professional male sports who will compete in the women's sport because they can compete there. When they do they will take a spot from another athlete who had the bad luck of being born a female.

Does that mean women would be required to grow balls before being allowed to compete with men?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I467 using Tapatalk

if you don't know the difference i can't help you.

How is any of this "liberal lunacy"? Are you hung up on "gawd said" (cuz if so **** your opinion), or is "...life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness" just a libtard concept and that just ain't OK with you?

Actually it has to do with why we normally don't have co-ed sports after a while.
or do you honestly think that a women football team could take on say the NE patriots and win or not get terribly hurt?

Actually it has to do with why we normally don't have co-ed sports after a while.
or do you honestly think that a women football team could take on say the NE patriots and win or not get terribly hurt?

WHAT does it have to do with politics, that answer, makes perfect sense, and I agree pretty much, but what does it have to do with liberal politics? I truly don't get that part. I get why so many humans, me included, often fall back on the stereotype, that even accepting that trans-gender, is even real, and not just a bad personal choice based on a lack of "personal responsibility", is an issue associated with people on the right.

That's simply because the political right, has exploited religion much more successfully than the left, and really has little to do with poliitics, and more to do with busy body idiots, who thing "gawd" hates it, and they fear it, and what they really needed, was to lear to drink a hot steamin' cup of mind yer own freakin' bussiness, more often.

OK, so boys are (generally) stronger, or so studiess say, and my personal experience backs it. Studies also claim men have better visual depth perception, but outside of those two factors, what makes boys necessarily "better" at sports than girls? Strength, is an asset in sport, but not a necessity, and can be built by training. Depth perception is what it is. MY personal experience lso backs that depth perception study I am aware of.

All of this said, we are talking about no professional sports. Why is this such a huge hot button issue? No money was cheated out of anyone. IDK of any "professional" track runners, but I am bored to tears by track spoort, so, I mean wah, so some parents ego, and thier kid or whatever, is bruised cuz their kiddo lost to someone with an "unfair" advantage? What really is so awful about any of this? I mean BFD, until you get to sports that do earn money, why does anyone really care much?

OH well, I guess it's not for me to "get it" about everything, thank God.

To you, because this isn't important to you.

To those that train for thousands of hours, it is.

This isn't about you. This is about competitive athletes, whom which you cannot relate.

I never said it wasn't an issue. In the scheme of things this is extremely low priority. But as far as your hyping it... Bull****. It's just your in to be able to cast stones at transgenders. That is all.

I think it would be, why would you say it's not necessarily bad? KIds, suseptible to dru=gs and later crime, need those activities, and they can make the difference for them, but I'm certainly open to hearing why you think it's not necessarily bad?

My reasoning is based on the hierarchy that occurs in schools due to sports -- the "jocks" are at the top of the food chain and the little "geeks" are at the bottom. I think it creates an artificial caste system, and since the taxpayers are on the hook for public education, I think every child's school experience should be free from bullying.

But, that's just me.

So interesting a topic.

Everything has a price. We talk a good public game that women can do everything a man can do (infantry, for example), and that equality reigns, but the truth constantly lies underneath. Here we have two female brains in male bodies winning first and second place, and the voices of "equality" now whine? But it's all equal right?

There's a reason the Olympics separate the genders and it is not because they are physically equal. If an individual is in the position where he/she is "in the wrong body," then they also have to accept that living as the "correct" gender has a price. Since he/she has the body of the opposite sex, they should have to compete accordingly if they are allowed to compete at all. Not fair to the mind of the he/she? Well, tell that to the women who train to race, only to be beat out by a he-girl, she-man...whatever.

He-girl? She-man? You're usually pretty dead on, but here you show a gross ignorance of transgender identity and basic human decency.

Men physically outperform women. Even men that call themselves women.

Shocking

Carry a baby for nine months and then remind me how men physically outperform women. Or did you just mean running in circles and throwing things?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom