• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

@Trajan

galenrox said:
Excuse me, but who the **** are you to be telling me what a real libertarian is? Have you ever worked for the ****ing party? Have you gone through the huge amounts of effort required to ****ing find a party office that is well enough organized that they can find something that you can do to help the ****ing party? Have you ever spent 4 hours convincing a bunch of stuck up little bastards who call themselves "Objectivists" led by a douchebag named Igor at Northwestern (thus you'd be SURROUNDED by douchebags) to vote libertarian?

No, because you're a libertarian for image's sake, and nothing more. You know when people here libertarian they think smart, and so if you identify yourself as a libertarian people might not notice how much of a ****ing retard you are.

You're a Bill Mayr Libertarian partna you're full of **** the Libertarian party was formed as a reactionary movement to the liberal tendencies of the Neo-cons it's a conservative party it's you who's the libertarian in name only.

Caine said:
Ive been watching CNN lately to see what all the hype is about "liberal media"

I have come to the conclusion that CNN is NOT biased.

For one.. I take into consideration that both actual news segments are not, in my opinion, bias. As mentioned in your post, its the same stuff, the headlines don't change my opinion.

However, as far as special shows go, Ive yet to see a biased CNN show..
Larry King is not biased (watched him after the Bush speech tonight)
Paula Zahn is not biased, she just interviews people.
Anderson Cooper doesn't focus on political issues that much.
CNNs Saturday programming was just as usefull as Headline News, it kept repeating regular News Segments.

Fox However, has Mr. Bill O'Riley, althought I see eye to eye with him sometimes.
Hannity and colmes, Where Hannity is always attacking the Democratic guests and interrupting them, not letting them talk that much. And colmes is mild mannered and was even picked out by Hannity to work with him.... for obvious reasons.
and Gretta Van Suestren (however the hell you spell it) is too busy reporting on The Natalie Holloway case, obviously no bias there.

This is what ive come up with so far.......
Any support of the claim that CNN is "Liberal Media" from someone like cnredd or others who I can actually bring myself to believe would be appretiated.

You asked and I shall deliver:

http://debatepolitics.com/showthread.php?t=6697

Trajan Octavian Titus said:
You asked and I shall deliver:

lol... I said credible did I not?

Lately you are about as credible as Navy Pride.

Hmm... this means nothing.
This explains nothing to the fact that CNN does not have a place for Pundits, yet Fox has many, including John Gibson (Mr. War on Christmas) who I forgot to mention before ( I think ).
I asked to show me CNN as Liberal Media, taking into consideration the information in the rest of my two posts on the issue.
The way something is headlined means nothing to me, since focusing on the US deaths is more important than my eyes because it gives them more than a last second mention, or as if they were lives in a video game.

Other than that, Nobody has been able to show me that CNN has any Pundits or Biased special segments working there.

Stace said:
That's funny, I saw some other post, can't remember exactly which thread right now, where TWO media outlets were viewed as being right of center.....now it's only Fox?????

actually the report says that Fox isn't right of center it just seems that way by comparison.

actually the report says that Fox isn't right of center it just seems that way by comparison.

Until I see CNN with a lineup of Pundits like Fox.......
Im going to say that CNN is "Fair and Balanced" and Faux is Conservative Biased news.

Caine said:
Until I see CNN with a lineup of Pundits like Fox.......
Im going to say that CNN is "Fair and Balanced" and Faux is Conservative Biased news.

Of course op-ed shows are going to be biased on any station that's why UCLA left those shows out of the line up and only researched the real news but they found that the majority of the real news is still liberally slanted did you read the article I found you should read it I actually started a thread in the media bias section.

Of course op-ed shows are going to be biased on any station that's why UCLA left those shows out of the line up and only researched the real news but they found that the majority of the real news is still liberally slanted did you read the article I found you should read it I actually started a thread in the media bias section.

I disagree.
The Fox News Channel obviously has a Conservative Bias because all of thier specials are pundits.

As far as the way news is presented, its a matter of presonal preference.
Like my argument to CNREDD stated... maybe you should go read that instead.

Caine said:
I disagree.
The Fox News Channel obviously has a Conservative Bias because all of thier specials are pundits.

As far as the way news is presented, its a matter of presonal preference.
Like my argument to CNREDD stated... maybe you should go read that instead.

I'm making my assertion based on an in depth study by UCLA take it or leave it.

I'm making my assertion based on an in depth study by UCLA take it or leave it.

Yeah, because college kids are experts on the matter, right?

Stace said:
Yeah, because college kids are experts on the matter, right?

lol it wasn't done by the students the most authorative research papers come from Universities these were the heads of the research team:

Tim Groseclose

Department of Political Science, UCLA, and

Graduate School of Business, Stanford University

Jeff Milyo

Harris School of Public Policy

University of Chicago

September 2003

lol it wasn't done by the students the most authorative research papers come from Universities these were the heads of the research team:

Tim Groseclose

Department of Political Science, UCLA, and

Graduate School of Business, Stanford University

Jeff Milyo

Harris School of Public Policy

University of Chicago

September 2003

I don't trust any studies on matters that are of Personal Preference.

Caine said:
I don't trust any studies on matters that are of Personal Preference.

it wasn't a study on public opinion they did it in a scientific way they cited all the times that Democratic and Republican politicians cited certain think tanks and measured it against how many times journalists cited those same think tanks.

it wasn't a study on public opinion they did it in a scientific way they cited all the times that Democratic and Republican politicians cited certain think tanks and measured it against how many times journalists cited those same think tanks.

And how long was this survey conducted?
Maybe it was a time of the year which alot of controversial things were going on. Controversy sells.
As far as what was going on in the News in September of 03, I wouldn't know I was making it.

Caine said:
And how long was this survey conducted?
Maybe it was a time of the year which alot of controversial things were going on. Controversy sells.
As far as what was going on in the News in September of 03, I wouldn't know I was making it.

It's not a survey it's a scientific research project why don't you read it I gave you a link to to the thread to get the link to the report.

It's not a survey it's a scientific research project why don't you read it I gave you a link to to the thread to get the link to the report.

I read parts of the report, Im not reading the whole thing cause its too long and after skimming through it I see the same junk over and over.

I mostly see that they are basing this on how the journalists vote themselves rather than anything else.

And YES, it is talking about Fox Special Report, not Fox News Channel.

The [B said:
2004[/B] "A Measure of Media Bias"]
The most centrist outlets (but still left-leaning) by our measure were the Newshour with Jim Lehrer, CNN’s NewsNight with Aaron Brown, and ABC’s Good Morning America. Fox News’ Special Report, while right of center, was closer to the center than any of the three major networks’ evening news broadcasts

So, the most CENTRIST includes a show from CNN.

This is from the 2004 findings, not the 2003 ones.

Back
Top Bottom