• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Top 40 Signs You Might Be A Liberal

aps said:
First of all, why is your right to pollute your own lungs outweighed by my right to not have to smell cigarette smoke? I am smiling because I am slowly watching smokers ability to smoke inside erode, which is the way it should be.

I got the intended message, but anytime I can attack smoking, I will.

I smoke once every few days and will most likely live just as long as you will.

And you know what? In the end you are going to die just like everyone else. Go eat veggies and don't drink or smoke your whole life then get hit by a bus. LOLOL.

Also, I run marathons. Yes, marathons. I guarantee my body is healthier than you. The difference between me and an alcoholic or a chain smoker is that I know moderation.

You libs think that humans are unable to control themselves when it comes to substance abuse, so you have to do it for them.

FreeThinker said:
I thought that might be appropriate as alot of libs seem to enjoy star wars (as do i).

Don't cause suffering stace. Please. For the children's sake.

And what exactly am I supposed to be afraid of here?

FreeThinker said:
Please try to calm down. I can't read what you type with all those bleeps in your sentences.

What can I say, I come from a family full of sailors, so I swear like one. It's not my fault there's filters on here.

Let's try this:

This coming from someone who can't f_cking spell.

FreeThinker said:
Hitting on girls on an internet forum for politics is the best way to get laid. Seriously.

Nonono don't turn off your computer and go out to meet someone. Just hit on a girl on a forum. Really, you are so in man. You got this.

pwned.nl

aps is a woman, just so you know.

FreeThinker said:
I'm a new age man. I call dikes men because they like it.

She's also married. To a man. Lesbians and bisexuals are two different things, genius.

ptsdkid said:
****No one is infringing on your right not to have to smell smoke. I'll leave it to your better judgement as to whether to stick around sucking in the fumes from your local opium den. You need to get out a bit more. I understand there is some clean air and pristine land up in Alaska in which to explore in search of a healthier environment. I have some winter clothing I could sell you real cheap as well.

LOL pstdkid, I'm not talking about smelling smoke indoors--I'm talking about when I walk to places after work, and I can't walk two minutes without some loser smoking in front of me, next to me, or anywhere near me. I don't go to happy hours because I can't stand how I smell when I do. The good news is that Washington DC is passing legislation that will ban indoor smoking, and I could not be happier! Woo hoo.

And, in case you didn't know, the Dept. of Veterans Affairs does not grant service connection for ANY disability associated with smoking, effective June 1999. So say you're service connected for lung cancer and you die from that disease. Normally, your survivors can get service connection for cause of the veteran's death. Well, if you die after June 1999 from your service connected lung cancer (which is the result, even if only in part, due to smoking), your survivors get nothing, which is the way it should be. No one should be rewarded monetarily for choosing to slowly kill themselves. The only reward you should get is your own suffering.

Last edited:
FreeThinker said:
Hitting on girls on an internet forum for politics is the best way to get laid. Seriously.

Nonono don't turn off your computer and go out to meet someone. Just hit on a girl on a forum. Really, you are so in man. You got this.

pwned.nl

LOL Considering I am a WOMAN, FreeThinker, and I am MARRIED, it sounds like you're talking to someone else. Carry on.
_________

I just now noticed that you must have said something derogatory about me. Too bad I don't give a $hit what you think of me, my status, or anything else. LOL

Stace, thanks for trying to set Dumbo straight. ;)

FreeThinker said:
I smoke once every few days and will most likely live just as long as you will.

And you know what? In the end you are going to die just like everyone else. Go eat veggies and don't drink or smoke your whole life then get hit by a bus. LOLOL.

Also, I run marathons. Yes, marathons. I guarantee my body is healthier than you. The difference between me and an alcoholic or a chain smoker is that I know moderation.

You libs think that humans are unable to control themselves when it comes to substance abuse, so you have to do it for them.

Yawn. I don't care what you think about me, about yourself, or about anything.

aps said:
LOL Considering I am a WOMAN, FreeThinker, and I am MARRIED

Are you married to a woman? And is your hair shorter than 1 inch? And do you lift weights?

And how does you being a woman change what I said?

FreeThinker said:
Are you married to a woman? And is your hair shorter than 1 inch? And do you lift weights?

And how does you being a woman change what I said?

I am married to a man. I am as feminine as you can get, and my hair is right above my shoulders. I do consider myself bisexual, but I am monogamous with my husband, and, frankly, I have no interest in going outside of my marriage. My comment to Stace was a joke and related to an exchange we had in another thread. That comment to her is part of my sense of humor.

And I highly doubt that you are in better shape than I am, but if it makes you feel superior to me to think such, you go right ahead.

FreeThinker said:
If by "debate" you mean posting your ugly picture in a religion thread to hear all the chess club 90 pound sex starved computer dorks hit on you... then yes. Wonderful debate skills.

Insulting someones physical appearance is down right childish.

alphieb said:
Insulting someones physical appearance is down right childish.

Come on, alphie--look at FreeThinker's posts. Are you genuinely surprised by his immature remarks? I talk about smoking in a negative manner and he then tells me that he can "guarantee" he is in better shape than I--you know, because he runs marathons? That's the response of a kid in middle school. "I'm better than you. Nah nah" :nahnah:

Cheers, my friend. :2wave:

aps said:
Come on, alphie--look at FreeThinker's posts. Are you genuinely surprised by his immature remarks? I talk about smoking in a negative manner and he then tells me that he can "guarantee" he is in better shape than I--you know, because he runs marathons? That's the response of a kid in middle school. "I'm better than you. Nah nah" :nahnah:

****I see the 'Free Thinker's' list of liberal traits has this thread teeming with liberal insecurities. Tell me, can you libs get back to telling us how those 40 traits relate to you? So far all we're getting is this butch chick Aps playing some kind of male role in her flirt and search for females here. Try getting with the program.

KidTim

ptsdkid said:
****I see the 'Free Thinker's' list of liberal traits has this thread teeming with liberal insecurities. Tell me, can you libs get back to telling us how those 40 traits relate to you? So far all we're getting is this butch chick Aps playing some kind of male role in her flirt and search for females here. Try getting with the program.

KidTim

OMG, Butch? LMAO Whatever, Mr. Let-Me-Announce-To-The-Whole-World-That-I-Am-A-Combat-Veteran-Because-I-Need-Everyone-To-Know-How-Great-I-am (because I'm insecure).

Is FreeThinker's question supposed to be serious? :lol: Where did he ask a question? All he did was post some stupid 40 signs about how to tell if you're a liberal.

Last edited:
aps said:
OMG, Butch? LMAO Whatever, Mr. Let-Me-Announce-To-The-Whole-World-That-I-Am-A-Combat-Veteran-Because-I-Need-Everyone-To-Know-How-Great-I-am (because I'm insecure).

Is FreeThinker's question supposed to be serious? :lol: Where did he ask a question? All he did was post some stupid 40 signs about how to tell if you're a liberal.

Free Thinker didn't ask a question. I'm curious as to why you libs haven't dismissed those 40 signs as being untrue, or why you can't muster the nerve to agree with the 40 traits. They are all true signs of a liberal, and if needed I could add at least 60 more to round it off at 100. I'll understand if you find it difficult to admit to being a liberal as perceived by everyone else, but until you can clearly rebut those 40 signs--you'll just have to remain the laughing stock of further descriptions. Of course, you still have the option to continue flirting with the babes here, if the pressure to be honest gets too great.

When was the last time you saw a liberal say that Hitler was misunderstood? :roll:

ptsdkid said:
Free Thinker didn't ask a question. I'm curious as to why you libs haven't dismissed those 40 signs as being untrue, or why you can't muster the nerve to agree with the 40 traits. They are all true signs of a liberal, and if needed I could add at least 60 more to round it off at 100. I'll understand if you find it difficult to admit to being a liberal as perceived by everyone else, but until you can clearly rebut those 40 signs--you'll just have to remain the laughing stock of further descriptions. Of course, you still have the option to continue flirting with the babes here, if the pressure to be honest gets too great.

Some may apply to me, but why would I give any importance/credence/crediblity to a stupid post like FreeThinkers? ptsdkid, I have no problem saying that I am a liberal and that some liberal thinking is not perfect and that I do see why people make fun of liberals. I am pretty confident in who I am and how I feel about issues. When someone makes assinine comments about liberals, it means absolutely nothing to me. I care more what a homeless person thinks of me than some conservative who does nothing but bash those who don't agree with him or starts a post like the one FreeThinker did. :yawn:

aps said:

I think he probably is a kid, he did not disclose his age.

alphieb said:
I think he probably is a kid, he did not disclose his age.

Ew, kindly don't insult us kids. :2razz:

OK, fine, I'll discredit one of them right now. Though, I've already done it if you'd pay attention.
13. If you walk by someone smoking a cigarette and start coughing violently and giving them dirty looks (and maybe suing them later), you might be a liberal.

Wrong, wrong, wrong. I AM a smoker. Yeah, let me run right out and sue myself. :roll:

As a Liberal...

FreeThinker said:
Top 40 Signs you might be a liberal:

1. If the letter W makes you froth at the mouth, you might be a liberal.

The letter W makes me think of Weakness.

2. If you make under $20,000 per year, you might be a liberal.

I make around $70,000 a year give or take.

3. If you live with your parents, you might be a liberal.

My parents are dead, @sshole.

4. If you get all your news from The New York Times, you might be a liberal.

I've never read the N.Y. Times.

5. If you come from France, you might be a liberal.

Or a Conehead.

6. If you think Michael Moore makes documentaries, you might be a liberal.

I've never seen a Michael Moore film.

7. If you know everything about Vietnam and nothing about the Korean War, you might be a liberal.

My father was a veteran of WWII and the Korean War. He was also in the military for 22 years. He thought Vietnam wasn't a real war.

8. If you think trees are more important than people, you might be a liberal.

There needs to be trees for there to be people. Dumb@ss

9. If you watched the movie Water World and took it as an accurate representation of the future, you might be a liberal.

Water World sucked!

10. If Sean Penn is your favorite actor, you might be a liberal.

Ever seen Hurly Burly?

11. If you think Barbera Streisand can sing, you might be a liberal.

Wait a minute I thought you said Democrats and Liberals hate Jews.

12. If you think you can sue anyone at anytime for anything and receive 500 million dollars, you might be a liberal.

Funny, I'm on the phone with my lawyer right now. We're working to find you and sue for $500,000,000.00.

13. If you walk by someone smoking a cigarette and start coughing violently and giving them dirty looks (and maybe suing them later), you might be a liberal.

I smoke a pack every 2 or 3 days. I hate that this "smoking ban" in bars and restaurants Bull Sh!t is gaining popularity. It just came into effect in my state thanks to it's CONSERVATIVE REPUBLICAN governor!

14. If you have been rebelling against your parents for 30 years, you might be a liberal.

I've been drinking coffee and beer since I was 5 and smoking since I was 11. When I was a teenager, my parents bought me a skate board and built me a half pipe. If I didn't hyper-extend my elbow and fracture my hip I'd be on Vive La Bam right now!

15. If you failed in your professional life and resorted to teaching at the local community college, you might be a liberal.

I went to the U of H. K., and I'm self employed.

16. If you think Jews cause all world problems, you might be a liberal.

You just said we love Barbara Streisand now you're saying we hate Jews... Your credibility isn't even up to the standards of the Basement!

17. If you think Hitler was misunderstood, you might be a liberal.

Hitler was a drug addicted, raving lunatic... Just like Rush Limbaugh. HMMMMMM!

18. If you think minorities are too stupid to fend for themselves and need "educated" white people like you to help them out, you might be a liberal.

If you think that minorities are aren't currently being descriminated against regardless of their background or economic standing, you might be addicted to the same 'hillbilly heroin' Rush Limbaugh likes.

19. If you think burning an American flag is a legitimate form of free speech, you might be a liberal.

Okay we'll just stick with burning crosses... oh wait... that's a Conservative thing.

20. If you think the "Muslim street" should dictate foreign policy, you might be a liberal.

Brought to you by the letter I and the number 8.

21. If you constantly reference "American Imperialism" but forget that Japan nor Germany are part of our "empire", you might be a liberal.

We've occupied Germany for the last 50 years. And Japan has only recently been allowed to form a military for defence purposes only.

And we only get a moderate Democrat for a President every 8 - 12 years so what's yer beef?

22. If you think Bush has a magic hurricane machine that he used to kill all the black people in New Orleans, you might be a liberal.

I think Bush appointed a freind of his that is just as incompetent as he is to head up FEMA.

23. If you think dropping boxes of food on people is going to fix all their problems, you might be a liberal.

Hey we all know that dropping bombs on them is more effective.

24. If you think people that have been on wellfare for 20 years just haven't had luck finding a job, you might be a liberal.

Maybe they can't find a job because some white guy, who doesn't like poor single mothers, doesn't have to give them a reason to not hire them.

25. If you work less than 25 hours per week, you might be a liberal.

If you work you are a liberal but pretend to be a rich Conservative.

26. If you have never held a job longer than 6 months, you might be a liberal.

I've been working steadily since I was 14.

27. If you think Presidents should have the right to catch a BJ in the most respected office in the land while at work and not get fired, you might be a liberal.

Hey BJ's are great anywhere! Jealouse?

28. If you have ever written anything for the AP at any time, you might be a liberal.

If you can write about factual events you are a journalist.

29. If you would rather use a coathanger than a condom, you might be a liberal.

We like the idea of passing out condoms at schools while educating students about sex, pregnancy, human developement, STDs and contraception. But there is some mysterious group out there that demands that we just talk about how people just magically appeared in a gardern somewhere on earth instead.

30. If you think Howard Dean is not the antichrist, you might be a liberal.

Hey Howard Dean is just as rabid Dick Cheney.

31. If you only read up to #10 on this list and responded with "how childish" or "pussiant peasant" or "I'm offended", you might be a liberal.

I've only just begun with you.

32. If you think people should be able to kill a family of 3 with a shotgun as well as a man lying face down on the floor, deny it, and not be executed... you might be a liberal.

What? People can get ahold of guns?

33. If you got pissed off when Iraq had its first successful election, you might be a liberal.

Their elections won't be successful until our troops don't have to search cars and people on their way to the polls.

34. If you think healthcare should be free as long as it doesn't come out of your paycheck, you might be a liberal.

I think my tax dollars would be better spent on health care than starting a trillion dollar war which has put the country in such trouble that our dumb@ass leader has now had to borrow money from China.

35. If you think a trial attorney that made his living off of tying up the courts with frivolous lawsuits should be the Vice President, you might be a liberal.

Yeah! We should be tying up the courts with legitimate lawsuits like the one Bill O'Reilly started against Al Frankin for ownership of the words 'fair and balanced'!

36. If you think that a man that made his living by being the male equivalent of a gold digger should be president, you might be a liberal.

Hey at least he had to sacrifice something to get there. Bush was born with a silver spoon in his mouth, Fu<wad.

37. If you think throwing money at bad people makes them go away, you might be a liberal.

Reagan, as a private citizen, threw some money at the terrorists who took those hostages during the Carter administration for their release.

38. If you have never read the graffiti on the walls of every building in Grenada, you might be a liberal.

Somebody vandalized my car!?

39. If you think 9/11 was a legitimate response to American aggression, you might be a liberal.

I think 9/11 was a conspiricy to hijack this country and use it for toilet paper as we flush the world down the toilet.

40. If you hate America, you might be a a liberal.

I love America... I hate idiots like you.

Last edited:
aps said:
Nooooooooooooooo! You better stop, young lady! Well, as long as you don't smoke before we make out. ;)

Actually....it looks like I'm quitting cold turkey after all......

Back
Top Bottom