• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Tom Brady Deflategate Suspension Upheld

Make you wonder how long this 'deflation' thing has been going on.

Make you wonder how long this 'deflation' thing has been going on.

Normally when you hit your mid to late Fifties. But now they have stuff for it.

Good for the NFL, sticking by their decisions and not wilting under pressure this time.

NFL upholds Tom Brady's four-game Deflategate suspension - CNN.com

I'm confident that a professional would have picked up on that deflation. Had he said, "You know, frankly, I'm very surprised I didn't pick up on it," I would have considered that a point in his favor. To my knowledge, he did not.

Giving instructions to destroy his cellphone is troubling.

I think the censure is very appropriate.

I also think that if the NFL is going to have that rule? They ought to be checking every game ball before it goes into play.

The destroying of the cell phone bothers me too. But from the beginning, what Brady's said has strained credulity.

The destroying of the cell phone bothers me too. But from the beginning, what Brady's said has strained credulity.

Exactly. Such hubris for him to believe that deliberately destroying his cell phone records after those records were requested by the investigative committee would be accepted as his "normal procedure upon buying a new cell phone" is beyond ludicrous.

I'm confident that a professional would have picked up on that deflation. Had he said, "You know, frankly, I'm very surprised I didn't pick up on it," I would have considered that a point in his favor. To my knowledge, he did not.

I also think that if the NFL is going to have that rule? They ought to be checking every game ball before it goes into play.

Good afternoon Maggie

You're right and I think the NFL has changed their rules sufficiently that if anyone else is stupid enough to try it, they'll get caught now. That's one good thing about this.

From ESPN...

Tom Brady's 4-game suspension upheld by Roger Goodell

Brady has authorized the NFLPA to appeal his case in federal court, a source told ESPN's Jim Trotter, where he is expected to seek an injunction that would allow him to play while his case works its way through the courts. The league and Brady's representatives had engaged in settlement talks but couldn't find common ground, which wasn't a surprise....

...If the case heads to federal court, Brady is expected to argue:

• The ball-deflation policy was incorrectly applied to him, as the rules were meant for club personnel and not players.

• The Wells report doesn't prove he did anything illegal.

• If it is determined that the ball-deflation policy applied to Brady, the league failed to give him notice of the penalty, in essence making up the punishment with precedent.

• The NFL doesn't have the proper techniques and standards for measuring deflation of footballs.

• Goodell was not a neutral arbitrator.

Brady will probably get the injunction so I expect to see him on the field opening day but who knows what will happen in court.

But not in Chicago. It wouldn't make any difference. ;)

..........I'm a Bears fan, Mags. Always have been. I'm just giving you a hard time.

This decision is a disgrace (I'm not a patriot fan). the destruction of the phone is a non issue as Brady told the league he would not give them access and the league does not have subpoena power.

Brady is a dick, always has been; always will be.

Back
Top Bottom