• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Today's Reading Assignement for Climate Science Elightenment

Lord of Planar

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
As I have been reading various papers, I thought I would share one, and from time to time, share another that I think anyone wanting to debate such topics should read and understand.

This one is titled The MWIR and LWIR Spectral Signatures of Water and Associated Materials

I have discussed in the past, how the oceans are far different than land in the way it reacts to the solar spectrum, and the spectrum of greenhouse gasses. If you are of a scientific mind and can understand such material, I suggest reading this paper. It covers some great information related to the climate sciences.

As I have been reading various papers, I thought I would share one, and from time to time, share another that I think anyone wanting to debate such topics should read and understand.

This one is titled The MWIR and LWIR Spectral Signatures of Water and Associated Materials

I have discussed in the past, how the oceans are far different than land in the way it reacts to the solar spectrum, and the spectrum of greenhouse gasses. If you are of a scientific mind and can understand such material, I suggest reading this paper. It covers some great information related to the climate sciences.

Sales pitch mostly for yourself. No substance. If you actually had any insight you could provide it yourself. OP is basically a PR stunt. How sad.

Sales pitch mostly for yourself. No substance. If you actually had any insight you could provide it yourself. OP is basically a PR stunt. How sad.

Is that an excuse not to educate yourself on this important aspect of the climate sciences?

Is that an excuse not to educate yourself on this important aspect of the climate sciences?

Prove you're educated. Produce a post of substance instead of BS kissing your own ass.

Prove you're educated. Produce a post of substance instead of BS kissing your own ass.

I don't need to prove squat to anyone, and there really is no way to do so to your satisfaction on the web. If you cannot comprehend that by my words and remarks on the topic, that I understand these things, then it is you who are lacking. Not I.

Feel free to continue making yourself look foolish. No sweat at my end.

I don't need to prove squat to anyone, and there really is no way to do so to your satisfaction on the web. If you cannot comprehend that by my words and remarks on the topic, that I understand these things, then it is you who are lacking. Not I.

Feel free to continue making yourself look foolish. No sweat at my end.

Your OP is shilling for yourself. That's absurd.

"So I've been making some great points lately about light wave and spectrum and stuff. And this here article that sure is fancy done agreed with me. I invite everyone of intellectualized persuasion to give it the old once over and tell me I'm right. There's even stuff in there about the ocean. Both of 'em."

Spare me.

Last edited:
Your OP is shilling for yourself. That's absurd.

"So I've been making some great points lately about light wave and spectrum and stuff. And this here article that sure is fancy done agreed with me. I invite everyone of intellectualized persuasion to give it the old once over and tell me I'm right. There's even stuff in there about the ocean. Both of 'em."

Spare me.

You are a typical denier of science.

Nuff said.

You have got to be kidding, know one said anything about homework, I’ll tell ya like I told me teacher...

You have got to be kidding, know one said anything about homework, I’ll tell ya like I told me teacher...

Do you believe in understanding topics debated, or not?

Most people here only recite what the media or some pundits tell them.

I like to understand these things myself. The planet we live on is very important to me. We are damaging it in so many ways. It really distresses me that the focus is in the wrong areas. We damage the globe mostly by actual pollution. CO2 is not the culprit. Understanding the spectral responses in nature, evaporation cooling, liquid and solid aerosols,and other known sciences are critical. Most people have no clue of the critical sciences past high school science, yet they are indoctrinated into believing CO2 is the boogyman.

It is very difficult to draw people into an actual substantive discussion. Good Luck.

It is very difficult to draw people into an actual substantive discussion. Good Luck.

True, but it will clearly show those who's opinion should be ignored, or laughed at.

I like to understand these things myself. The planet we live on is very important to me. We are damaging it in so many ways. It really distresses me that the focus is in the wrong areas. We damage the globe mostly by actual pollution. CO2 is not the culprit. Understanding the spectral responses in nature, evaporation cooling, liquid and solid aerosols,and other known sciences are critical. Most people have no clue of the critical sciences past high school science, yet they are indoctrinated into believing CO2 is the boogyman.
me too, but you didn’t say that...you assigned.

I like to understand these things myself. The planet we live on is very important to me. We are damaging it in so many ways. It really distresses me that the focus is in the wrong areas. We damage the globe mostly by actual pollution. CO2 is not the culprit.

If that were true, you would spend your time on the "real issues" instead of being a full time climate Truther. Why do you lie?

I've read the paper and do not see the relationship you seem to be claiming exists between the properties of water rejecting infrared radiation and the increasing temps of ocean waters. Reflection of infrared radiation does not negate the effect of the radiation on increasing temperatures of the matter being radiated.

If that were true, you would spend your time on the "real issues" instead of being a full time climate Truther. Why do you lie?

How blind you are. I do complain about aerosols don't I?

I've read the paper and do not see the relationship you seem to be claiming exists between the properties of water rejecting infrared radiation and the increasing temps of ocean waters. Reflection of infrared radiation does not negate the effect of the radiation on increasing temperatures of the matter being radiated.

The radiant energy of greenhouse gasses are absorbed in the first few microns of the sea water. Annual global precipitation is in the neighborhood of 100 cm annually. Approximately 80% of this comes from the oceans. The oceans are about 72% of the earth surface. This means the average global evaporation rate of the oceans are about 2.2 microns per minute, and greenhouse gas IR is almost fully absorbed within this depth. There is almost no warming of the oceans by greenhouse gasses because there is effectively an insignificant time for conductive energy exchange. The optical depth of water at greenhouse gas spectral emittance, and sea water is insignificantly different, and is 1, at about a 5 microns depth. Around 70% of the energy is bound back up in the water evaporated in that minute of time. The next minute is evaporating another 2.2 microns of water, the the heat never gets to effectively conduct to the surface areas even a centimeter deeper. That first 1/2 micron of water effectively absorbs around 30% of the greenhouse gas flux, and with the high spectral emissivity of water at 15 micron energy, is effectively radiated back up, like any good blackbody does.

Yet the article says literally nothing about climate.

I never claimed it stated any such thing.

This is a know property of water that is neglected in the AGW agenda.

I never claim any such thing. Those are your ignorant assessment.

Yeah, yeah, you're a regular environmentalist just trying to spread the Truth. You're not just some guy pushing blogs because he thinks that makes him special.

I never claimed it stated any such thing.

This is a know property of water that is neglected in the AGW agenda.

Yes, all those trained scientists who literally study this for a living forgot about how water works. [emoji849]

Back
Top Bottom