• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

To Not Buy American Cars Is To Be UnAmerican???

You are UnAmerican if you don't buy American Cars right now...

• Mostly True

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Somewhat True

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Somewhat False

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • Mostly False

Votes: 22 78.6%

• Total voters
Donkey1499 said:
If you are an American Citizen and you don't buy an American car (since American car companies are struggling) is it safe to assume that you're UnAmerican? I say that that is somewhat true. Here's why: Isn't it our duty to help out symbols of American? Isn't it our duty to make sure that fellow Americans keep their jobs (GM laid off like 1,000 people a while ago)? I mean, when you buy a Honda, or a VW, most of that money goes overseas. It doesn't stay here. Like a Honda Civic might be $25,000 on the lot, but it only takes maybe $3,000 to manufacture one; so that means that Honda makes a $22,000 profit, money that goes back to Japan. I'm NOT saying to never buy cars or products from overseas. But let's help out our symbols of American Auto industry. We owe it to them for the 100 years, or so, of service they gave us.

No it doesn't if Ford, GM, and Chrystler want people to buy their product then they should start building the type of cars that Americans want to drive. That's free market capitalism in action, if they aren't selling enough of their product that's because their product isn't as good as that of the competition.

Last edited:
No, we cannot expect other's buy our protects if we don't buy theirs. I voted it was false. It's globalization, our workers are overpaid, the unions are a huge problem with this country, gov't interference with our economy should be kept at a minimum, we are far from the desperate times of the Rockefella area... in fact I would like to say we are somewhat the opposite, and that is why price wise our products cannot compete with the global market. That is why we are seeing our jobs outsourced, and the service increasing while manufacturing decreasing... we cannot be rich, powerful, and lazy at the same time...

Overpaying for American cars would only results in the slowing and decline in the economy, although the GM workers get paid and keep their jobs, you will have money to spend less in other sectors, not to mention it will maintain inefficiency and inproficiency, while the world gradually make gains we will be stagnant.

Pouring money into a failing program will result in waster and loss of capital.

What Kandahar said in his first post.

Back
Top Bottom