• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

To all Libs saying Iraqis don't want us there

:doh

Are you sure you aren't John Kerry?

1st you say our military is just a bunch off thugs, and improper behavior is rampant! You say I MUST be lying about not having seen anything like what you are describing. (Sorry, but NO!)

Thenyou throw out that the majority of the Iraqis want us out.

When evidence is shown that you are completely wrong, you predict the future...

THEN you bring up some bogus story about how we will refuse to leave Iraq wvwn if we are asked to do so, that people inside the White House are confirming this. (I though Dan Rather had retired after that 'Forged Document' fiasco!?)

And, finally, you end with that you are concerned with why we are REALLY there. (Bring on the 'conspiracy theory music)

As I said earlier, I can only speak for me an what I have seen and continue to see in Iraq, like guys handing out candy, soldiers kicking a soccer ball with a kid, school kids giving us pictures they have drawn for us, normal conversations with folks - 'no attrocities'. If you or your =brother did see anything like what yousaid you have seen, why didn't you do something about it. (Maybe that is a character question onlyyou and he can answer to yourself - not my business.) But, despite whatyou and Kerry seem to believe, we are not the enemy, we are not terrorists who frighten women and children at night, we are not the ones who behead civilians on TV, who targets kids getting candy from a soldier for a suicide bombing....

As far as why we are there now, we are doing the U.N.'s job (which we always do) of helping to stabilize a new goverment. Yeah, one of the u.N.'s sole responsibilities is to help build/stabilize new goverments, like Iraq. They are also supposed to help pressure and stop nations like Iran and Syria from doing what they are doing to day in Iraq! Instead, Koffi is trying to save his own neck from Scandal. We are currently helping the new democratic nation of Iraq rebuild its military, its capability to defend itself, while assisting them in their fight for Democracy - Freedom - from insurgents from Iran and Syria, from forces who do not want to see freedom in that part of the world!

You try to put these seeds of doubt in people's mind by saying little things like "I'm concerned with what we are doing there." John F. Kennedy, on of the best Presidents we ever had, a Democrat, BTW, once said that we would pay any price, make any sacrifice for freedom and to stand beside an ally. Today's democrats say no price is worth freedom and standing beside an ally - cut and run - pull our troops out immediately! That is pretty pathetic! I wonder what JFK would think of Dick Durbin or Murtha? Thank goodness we didn't have one of these modern day Dems for president during the Cubanmissile Crisis or instead of Reagan....the cold war would still be raging and we would have nukes 15 seconds flight-time off our southeastern coast!

easyt65 said:
:doh

Are you sure you aren't John Kerry?
No, but Im assuming by the fact that you had to mention him, not me, that your one of those crazies who believed when the Christian groups told everyone John Kerry (a devoted Catholic) was going to burn all your bibles and churches if elected, right?

And, finally, you end with that you are concerned with why we are REALLY there. (Bring on the 'conspiracy theory music)
No conspiracy, although Im certain you WANT me to think that...... For some reason you seem to be awfully partisan... the only partisan think I believe I have mentioned in my posts is the fact that you may be Reading some horrible Pundits with an attitude like yours.
If you or your =brother did see anything like what yousaid you have seen, why didn't you do something about it. (Maybe that is a character question onlyyou and he can answer to yourself - not my business.)
SPEC-4s Don't normally have much say in anything, especially a pogue unit like any part of COSCOM, very militant about rank over there
But, despite whatyou and Kerry seem to believe,
More partisan bullshit... No, I don't believe we are terrorists, but our actions definately aren't winning any hearts and minds with the adults

You try to put these seeds of doubt in people's mind by saying little things like "I'm concerned with what we are doing there." John F. Kennedy, on of the best Presidents we ever had, a Democrat, BTW, once said that we would pay any price, make any sacrifice for freedom and to stand beside an ally. Today's democrats say no price is worth freedom and standing beside an ally - cut and run - pull our troops out immediately! That is pretty pathetic! I wonder what JFK would think of Dick Durbin or Murtha? Thank goodness we didn't have one of these modern day Dems for president during the Cubanmissile Crisis or instead of Reagan....the cold war would still be raging and we would have nukes 15 seconds flight-time off our southeastern coast!

LOL... More partisan bullshit.......Yes I may have the Donkey on my profile and all that, But Im not even a registered voter... and I typically agree with Democrats at the moment, because they have more opinions that agree with me (NOT ALL, like you are most likely to generalize). But all I can see if ignorant partisan arguments throughout your posts, and If you can't look at something with a non-partisan objective... than I am not going to continue debate with you.
Also.... Since when is Iraq one of our Allies????
ALso.... Since when was Iraq threatening our freedom with its fake WMDs?
Also... Since when was the gassing of Kurds in the early 1980s good enough reason to go to war 20 years later???

i would expect such propaganda from FAUX.

but of course the majority of iraqis, according to secret leaked british government polls show the following:

Forty-five per cent of Iraqis believe attacks against British and American troops are justified - rising to 65 per cent in the British-controlled Maysan province;

• 82 per cent are "strongly opposed" to the presence of coalition troops;

• less than one per cent of the population believes coalition forces are responsible for any improvement in security;

• 67 per cent of Iraqis feel less secure because of the occupation;

• 43 per cent of Iraqis believe conditions for peace and stability have worsened;

• 72 per cent do not have confidence in the multi-national forces.

http://telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2005/10/23/wirq23.xml&sSheet=/portal/2005/10/23/ixportaltop.html]source

...your one of those crazies who believed when the Christian groups told everyone John Kerry (a devoted Catholic) was going to burn all your bibles and churches if elected, right?

Give me a little more credit than that. I do not question Kerry's faith. Questioning someone's faith seems to be the Dem's bag, as they have expressed concern over Bush's admission to praying and conferring with God before making decision. Sorry - more political BS, right!?

More partisan bullshit... No, I don't believe we are terrorists, but our actions definately aren't winning any hearts and minds with the adults

I agree - Partisan BS, as the TRUE poll numbers from over in Iraq show that the Majority of Iraqis want us to stay.

LOL... More partisan bullshit.......Yes I may have the Donkey on my profile and all that, But Im not even a registered voter... and I typically agree with Democrats at the moment, because they have more opinions that agree with me (NOT ALL, like you are most likely to generalize).

Yeah, the Democrats have LOTS of OPINIONS but little else. They have not had any suggestion about Iraq. When asked about an alternative plan, Dean said the Democrats don't have to have a plan because they are not in power - their job is to "disagree with the President." If I recall, almost all of the Dem leaders are officially on record as having made the argument asgainst military actionin Iraq. many even urged us to go in BEFORE Bush ever took office. I guess you share their hind-sight?

Also.... Since when is Iraq one of our Allies????

-- The moment Hussein's tyranical goverment fell and the Iraqi people were freed. Not good enough, how about the day they formed a new, Democratic FREE nation? Maybe it was the day the 1st troops we trained started fighting beside us to defeat the insurgents? How about the day the Iraqis started dying in greater numbers for their freedom than Americans did, after the Dems started screaming, "When are the Iraqis gonna start fighting for their freedom?"

ALso.... Since when was Iraq threatening our freedom with its fake WMDs?

Speaking of Political BS....where do I start and how long do you want this response to be?
-- Should I start with the many pages of quotes from leasders from both sides of the aisle who made the case on this one? Maybe we should charge many of the Dems who were calling for war in the Clinton years with modifying Intel, etc...
-- Should I start with the 500 tons of yellowcake uranium found in Baghdad when we entered the city. (I like how the DNC says now that 500 tons of yellowcake uranium does not count as WMD.)
-- Should I start with the Brits who stopped a truck going from Iraq into Iran days prior to the war carrying nuclear material. As the war had not started, the Brits were forced to let the truck go but copied down the serial numbers of the material, even gave it to the U.N. A short time later Iran announced its nuclear program, and it refuses to allow the U.n. to inspect and/or check the serial numbers. U.N. reports verify this account.
-- Should I start with an interview conducted with Kerry just 2 weeks ago where he admitted that we did not find what we were looking for but still believes that Hussein had much more, that it was moved into Syria.
-- Should I start with the warheads filled with Sarin gas we found in bunkers...but that the Dems announced was not enough to call WMD, though it was enough to kill several thousand people.

There is many more documented stories. No WMD is just a Dem :spin:

Also... Since when was the gassing of Kurds in the early 1980s good enough reason to go to war 20 years later???

Who said we went into Iraq because of the Kurds and their gassing in the 1980s? I know you did not hear that from me or any other credible source. I never heard Bush state we were going into Iraq to avenge the Kurds, massacred with chemical and biological weapons by their own leader.

easyt65 said:
There is many more documented stories. No WMD is just a Dem :spin:

if they're undocumented, then how do you know them?

MUCH more importantly than however much you know, i guess that makes your precious leader Mr. Bush a dem liar. seeing as how he now said today that there are no WMDs in Iraq, weren't at the time of invasion, and that the whole war was based on faulty intel. this admittance happened today.

http://news.google.com/?ncl=http://www.forbes.com/work/feeds/ap/2005/12/14/ap2392669.html&hl=en

easyt65 said:

i guess you don't pay that much attention to bush then. since he used it as a pretext for going to war...

How Bush Sr. Continued to Support Saddam After the 1988 Gassing of Thousands And Bush Jr. Used it As a Pretext For War 15 Years Later

http://www.democracynow.org/article.pl?sid=03/09/29/155243

remove said:
i would expect such propaganda from FAUX.

but of course the majority of iraqis, according to secret leaked british government polls show the following:....

Propoganda? 1 accuses that the official polls show Iraqis hate us...before the REAL 'official' numbers are quoted to show just the opposite..

But hold on, we have a SECRET poll that shows justthe opposite of THAT!

Meanwhile, you have more Iraqis flooding to the polls to vote on their democracy. The News shows an Iraqi woman coming out praising America and Bush, thanking us for their freedom, and telling everyone who isn't behind us and our President to go to H@ll...yet THAT has to be fake - propoganda.

ALL the (liberal) news shows is negative, negative, negative...but 1 Iraqi lady gets on TV praising Bush & THAT is the propoganda! As I said about polls, you Democrats rely too much on polls!

In fact, I think Adam - the very 1st man - was a Democrat. WHY? God told him not to eat the fruit, and he voted for that...until he voted FOR eating the apple, after reading a poll that showed the majority (snake and Eve) were FOR eating it! Bada-boom, bada-bing - we're out of the garden and living hand to mouth! :2razz:

See... Im too lazy to look stuff up... But I still made my point....

Now remove here backed up my points....

Bush even backed up my point as well.....

Now.... be honest dude.... are you really THAT partisan? Or just mis-informed????

remove said:
i guess you don't pay that much attention to bush then. since he used it as a pretext for going to war...

How Bush Sr. Continued to Support Saddam After the 1988 Gassing of Thousands And Bush Jr. Used it As a Pretext For War 15 Years Later

http://www.democracynow.org/article.pl?sid=03/09/29/155243

Got any references other than Dem Hack sites?

easyt65 said:
Propoganda? 1 accuses that the official polls show Iraqis hate us...before the REAL 'official' numbers are quoted to show just the opposite..

But hold on, we have a SECRET poll that shows justthe opposite of THAT!

Meanwhile, you have more Iraqis flooding to the polls to vote on their democracy. The News shows an Iraqi woman coming out praising America and Bush, thanking us for their freedom, and telling everyone who isn't behind us and our President to go to H@ll...yet THAT has to be fake - propoganda.

ALL the (liberal) news shows is negative, negative, negative...but 1 Iraqi lady gets on TV praising Bush & THAT is the propoganda! As I said about polls, you Democrats rely too much on polls!

In fact, I think Adam - the very 1st man - was a Democrat. WHY? God told him not to eat the fruit, and he voted for that...until he voted FOR eating the apple, after reading a poll that showed the majority (snake and Eve) were FOR eating it! Bada-boom, bada-bing - we're out of the garden and living hand to mouth! :2razz:

You have just joined the Likes of Extreme Partisanship in my book, the likes of Navy Pride and Deegan.

Learn to be an independant thinker and you'll be alot better.
I guess I can't blame you though....
The military leadership tries its hardest to brainwash the troops......
One reason why I got out 9 months after making E-5..... no way I was going to let the duties of leadership turn me blind.

easyt65, did you actually read the article? about the poll? it explained that the british government (our strongest ally in iraq) did a polling of iraqis to find out what attitudes towards opinion was there. it was kept secret because of the results which they ended up coming out with- which didn't look good.

easyt65 said:
Got any references other than Dem Hack sites?

cheap dismissal tactic. either read and respond to the content it or don't say anything at all. when i said that i expected as much from FAUX, i said that because i know that fox is an unreliable source. democracy now however, is not a source with a history of lying to its readership/viewership.

Caine said:
See... Now.... be honest dude.... are you really THAT partisan? Or just mis-informed????

No one disputes that 500 tons of yellow cake uranium were found in Baghdad .

No one denies that sarin-filled warheads were found in Iraq.

The U.N. backs the Brits story about the nuclear material going into Iran.

There are other sources that offer more proof - iron-clad - that you know people will never see. (Even if you do not believe such weapons were there, you must admit thatthe military has information about MANY things that the public will never know about, for any number of reasons from classification, to the info would reveal how we got it and sources, to politics, to more....so it is possible. I know of what I speak.)

Kerry, himself, said he believed WMD was there, admitted he still does but thatit went across to Syria. He made one of the strongest cases of anyone to invade Iraq and atke out Hussein...years before bush Jr took office. yousay i am totally partisan, but here I am agreeing with Kerrys argument that HE made, not some GOP or the existing president!

The dems can keep saying 'No WMD'...but these days, its normally to divert attention from moronic comments coming from Durbin, Pelosi, Murtha, Kerry and Dean!

For every argument you have to support your argument that the Iraqis don't want us there, I have 2 that say they do. I ain't gonna convince you, and you ain't gonna convince me, that is obvious.

i'm begining to think that you're not paying attention to what i'm saying. please take the time to actually read my posts and if you choose to reply, reply to them in an intelligent and relevant manner.

easyt65 said:

There are other sources that offer more proof - iron-clad - that you know people will never see. (Even if you do not believe such weapons were there, you must admit thatthe military has information about MANY things that the public will never know about, for any number of reasons from classification, to the info would reveal how we got it and sources, to politics, to more....so it is possible. I know of what I speak.)

Kerry, himself, said he believed WMD was there, admitted he still does but thatit went across to Syria. He made one of the strongest cases of anyone to invade Iraq and atke out Hussein...years before bush Jr took office. yousay i am totally partisan, but here I am agreeing with Kerrys argument that HE made, not some GOP or the existing president!

The dems can keep saying 'No WMD'...but these days, its normally to divert attention from moronic comments coming from Durbin, Pelosi, Murtha, Kerry and Dean!

For every argument you have to support your argument that the Iraqis don't want us there, I have 2 that say they do. I ain't gonna convince you, and you ain't gonna convince me, that is obvious.

What nobody can deny is how full of partisan angst you are.

And you fail to address the fact that the president admitted today that there were no WMDs, if there really was do you think that he would take blame for faulty intelligence and the invasion and hide this fact???? He is still a politician who wants more conservatives to get elected in 2006, right?

Your just a brainwashed troop, brainwashed into thinking a certain way, because its the way the leadership wants you to think, me on the other hand, I had a BN commander who put lives of staff at risk to go to an area that was not in our sector because it was a hot bed, just so he could finally get attacked and get his purple heart (which he got).....I'll even name him for ya... LTC Thomas Hiebert..... If that isn't sick and brainwashed I dont know what is.... He worked up at the pentagon for quite some time, I guess his pentagon buddies told him if he got a purple heart they could get him full bird or better... rofl...

remove said:
...because i know that fox is an unreliable source. democracy now however, is not a source with a history of lying to its readership/viewership.

Yeah, CBS and Dan Rather are SO much more trustworthy!

Now you are going to tell me how the majority of the media in this countryis not liberally slanted and how all the negative stuff, which is about all the stuff being reported, is the REAL news?

The majority of the men and women who come back home from over there, like me, are apalled at the reporting going on inthis country. Save your Rah, Rah pep talk about Dan Rather and Al Franken for someone else.

It is funny, though, how we get more support from a 65yo Iraqi woman casting a vote in Iraq than we do from our own politicians, who call us Nazis and terrorists!

easyt65 said:

I can't believe poeple still argue WMDs were found, when the president's own investigations team concluded there were none after searching thru Iraq for two years. The president today admitted there were mistakes in intellegence.

as for the uranium found- this was never a secret. we knew it was there all along, and it wasn't touched since 1991. it was under IAEA seal. it went missing after iraqis abandoned the area it was being stored at. shortly afterwards, it was recovered. your remarks are rather misleading.

http://www.iaea.org/NewsCenter/MediaAdvisory/2003/ma_iraq_0606.shtml

Caine said:
What nobody can deny is how full of partisan angst you are.

And you fail to address the fact that the president admitted today that there were no WMDs, if there really was do you think that he would take blame for faulty intelligence and the invasion and hide this fact???? He is still a politician who wants more conservatives to get elected in 2006, right?

Your just a brainwashed troop, brainwashed into thinking a certain way, because its the way the leadership wants you to think, me on the other hand, I had a BN commander who put lives of staff at risk to go to an area that was not in our sector because it was a hot bed, just so he could finally get attacked and get his purple heart (which he got).....I'll even name him for ya... LTC Thomas Hiebert..... If that isn't sick and brainwashed I dont know what is.... He worked up at the pentagon for quite some time, I guess his pentagon buddies told him if he got a purple heart they could get him full bird or better... rofl...

I am sure this LtCol confided in you that this was his plan. I am sure he also pulled you away from the rest of the BN because you were 'special' and shared why he did and di not do things all the time, right? What rank are/were you, anyway? My guess is enlisted, that you have some beef, and this whole diatribe about your commander putting lives at stake just so he could get wounded is totally BS!

You just said all I need to know about you.

Iriemon said:
I can't believe poeple still argue WMDs were found, when the president's own investigations team concluded there were none after searching thru Iraq for two years. The president today admitted there were mistakes in intellegence.

There were mistakes in Intel, but it does not take away from the fact that sarin-filled canisters were found in Iraq. The dems now say that sarin does not count, and does not count in the quantity found. The Dems now say that the uranium doesnt count as WMD. There is more, but why bother?! As I said, there are other reports which bear proof on this issue that none but a few will ever have access to.

easyt65 said:
Yeah, CBS and Dan Rather are SO much more trustworthy!

Now you are going to tell me how the majority of the media in this countryis not liberally slanted and how all the negative stuff, which is about all the stuff being reported, is the REAL news?

The majority of the men and women who come back home from over there, like me, are apalled at the reporting going on inthis country. Save your Rah, Rah pep talk about Dan Rather and Al Franken for someone else.

It is funny, though, how we get more support from a 65yo Iraqi woman casting a vote in Iraq than we do from our own politicians, who call us Nazis and terrorists!

easyt65:
1. do not tell me what television news channel i watch.
2. do not assume that i watch television news.
3. you look silly still quoting that 65 year old iraqi woman.
4. i don't have to say that the media is not liberal. ann coulter admitted it for me. on july 25, 2005, during thet hannity show on fox, coulter said (and i quote) "we have the media now"

have an audioclip of the incident:

http://www.oliverwillis.com/wp-content/coulterwehavethemedia.mp3

easyt65 said:
I am sure this LtCol confided in you that this was his plan. I am sure he also pulled you away from the rest of the BN because you were 'special' and shared why he did and di not do things all the time, right? What rank are/were you, anyway? My guess is enlisted, that you have some beef, and this whole diatribe about your commander putting lives at stake just so he could get wounded is totally BS!

You just said all I need to know about you.

You just proved you don't read people's posts....
I clearly stated I got out of the military 9 months after making (and i'll bold underline and italicize for you..) E-5... that means Sergeant...that means I was an NCO.........

Okay, maybe my generalization of why he was going into an unauthorized area that was not a part of his sector and considered off limits unless you traveled through there with 4 ARMOED TRACK VEHICLES...... (he was in a Armored HMMV, and got out of it.. in the area he wasn't supposed to)... This was an area that was not our responsibility, and he continued to travel there often. Once prior to the occasion where he got wounded, when a grenade was thrown at him once before, he ran AWAY from the Armored track vehicle he was in, towards a building... what kinda ****ing idiot does that??? No, the grenade did not fall into the Armoed Vehicle, NOR near its track...the others who stayed with the track vehicle were fine.

So, you tell me... sounds to me like he is asking for trouble...
And I think he is getting the typical military "silent punishment" that higher ranking officers get, similar to the 82nd ABN DIV's Previous commanding general and CSM, who were forced to retire due to abuse of funds given to the division, when they bought themselves a trailer to live comfy in.

easyt65 said:
There were mistakes in Intel, but it does not take away from the fact that sarin-filled canisters were found in Iraq. The dems now say that sarin does not count, and does not count in the quantity found. The Dems now say that the uranium doesnt count as WMD. There is more, but why bother?! As I said, there are other reports which bear proof on this issue that none but a few will ever have access to.

Fine, got debate this with the President that he indeed was right after he admitted to being wrong to the entire world today.... go ahead...

easyt65 said:
There were mistakes in Intel, but it does not take away from the fact that sarin-filled canisters were found in Iraq.

sir or maddam. please read the following published in the Christian Science Monitor published in may 2004, regarding the sarin you continue to refer to.

perhaps the title will interest you: "Iraq sarin shell is not part of a secret cache"

http://www.csmonitor.com/2004/0521/p09s01-coop.html

Back
Top Bottom