• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

To all LEO, Military etc

I read an article which suggested a method to avoid confiscation, bans, etc.
It began by tying guns to health, then incremental regulation in a direction
of requiring gun owners to carry insurance on each weapon, eventually making
it so expensive whereas owning more than one or two guns would become too
overwhelming financially for the majority of folks who own multiple weapons
today. I thought about this aspect when the healthcare law began to look
like it was going to pass. So registration being key to the success of this
would be an early step, as would severe criminal penalty for possession of
a non registered firearm.

I keep saying this over and over...NO one is going to confiscate guns from the mass's it will never be attempted...if you commit a crime yes they will confiscate your gun/guns...but Police or the military going door to door confiscating your guns by force is NOT going to happen in any of your lifetimes.

It already has in our lifetimes:

What say you now? "Well it wont happen on a national scale?" See Australia:

Check out CA's gun laws, those can very easily be made federal. We also have a President who said:
"And so what I’m trying to do is to get a broader conversation about how do we reduce the violence generally. Part of it is seeing if we can get an assault weapons ban reintroduced"

In 2010 Sonya Sotomayor opposed the individual's right to keep and bear arms, and she isn't the only justice.

Back
Top Bottom