• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

To all LEO, Military etc

ric27

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
When or if the *order* is given to confiscate all firearms....will you accept or refuse, the order?

Money is on...a huge majority *both LEO/Military* will refuse

Last edited:
When or if the *order* is given to confiscate all firearms....will you accept or refuse, the order?

It's already happened. LEOs confiscated citizen's firearms in New Orleans after Hurricane Katrina.

Μολὼν λαβέ;1061201194 said:
It's already happened. LEOs confiscated citizen's firearms in New Orleans after Hurricane Katrina.

I think taking regular citizens guns as a preventative measure is bull****.

Citizens are the ones we're/LEO/Military supposed to help, not take their means to protect themselves

The military, at least, will follow its orders.

The first to refuse will be mostly LEO's....then *they* will attempt to get the military to do it.

There won't be an order. There will never be troops going door to door on a search-&-confiscate mission.

There will be registration, followed by further restrictions, followed by voluntary buy-back, followed by mandatory buy-back, and after that if you get caught it's a felony.

~15 years ago when I was a cop, this used to come up now and then in late night conversations. The majority didn't think it would happen, but most said they would refuse if given such orders.

Don't be to sure of that. We're not robots, and we own guns ourselves.

And most of us are Christian-Right.

There won't be an order. There will never be troops going door to door on a search-&-confiscate mission.

There will be registration, followed by further restrictions, followed by voluntary buy-back, followed by mandatory buy-back, and after that if you get caught it's a felony.

Thats excactly how it would probaly go down and is going down here. They will be coming after my "antiques" soon enough.

Don't be to sure of that. We're not robots, and we own guns ourselves.

And most of us are Christian-Right.

Correct.

Many in this country have shed blood and tears for what this country stands for...and will not throw away all of that sacrifice when/if, the SHTF

I keep saying this over and over...NO one is going to confiscate guns from the mass's it will never be attempted...if you commit a crime yes they will confiscate your gun/guns...but Police or the military going door to door confiscating your guns by force is NOT going to happen in any of your lifetimes.

LAWFUL orders.

I don't know what oath LEOs take but I took one to defend the Constituion. That certainly leaves some grey area but I certainly would not follow a blanket order to disarm the populace.

LAWFUL orders.

I don't know what oath LEOs take but I took one to defend the Constituion. That certainly leaves some grey area but I certainly would not follow a blanket order to disarm the populace.
I totally agree. An order to confiscate is not a lawful order.

The real problem is not being court martialed for refusing an order. The real problem is being charged with treason for shooting fellow soldiers should they follow that order and act against me.

LAWFUL orders.

Well...I expect that when/if such an order is given, there will be some law enacted beforehand.

Well...I expect that when/if such an order is given, there will be some law enacted beforehand.

I dont know about a law, but an excutive order would probaly suffice.

Such a law, until vetted by SCOTUS, would be unconstitutional in my book. I would refuse the order and make my case at my court martial.

If and when it comes down to bloodshed the military will divide, those blindly following orders of an unconstitutional government against those who support the rebellion of people and the constitution they swore to protect.

"I, _____, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God."

The military oath is to the constitution not the government. A government that violates the second Amendment is a domestic enemy.
The regulations in the UCMJ clearly states that even an order given by the President in violation of his oath to uphold the constitution is invalid.

Of course this flies in the face of the executive ordered wars ordered without the congressional declairation of war so we are already down the slippery slope.

Last edited:
I totally agree. An order to confiscate is not a lawful order.

The real problem is not being court martialed for refusing an order. The real problem is being charged with treason for shooting fellow soldiers should they follow that order and act against me.

Maybe you wouldn't. I think we are all pack animals. We live in packs, hunt in packs, and are susceptible to a pack mentality. I think you will do what your fellow soldiers do. These orders won't come from a vacuum. Should orders like that come down the pipe, they will have been carefully set up before hand to sound most logical and palatable to you. And I think you will do your duty. It's what you've sworn to do.

Maybe it will start by sending the National Guard into crime-infested neighborhoods, declaring martial law, and going door to door in search of firearms and ammunition. And you will do it because it will make sense to do so. Some of your comrades will die . . . that will reinforce your belief in what you're doing . . . there will be skirmishes . . . but, in the end, a neighborhood will be emptied of its guns. And closed off by sentries.

And then the border will spread. And you will do your duty. Because it will make sense as it is presented to you.

Now I know that makes you mad, and you'll say, NEVER!!!!! But, yes, I think you would. It's who we are.

Law-abiding citizens with their guns will sit back and watch and say, "Good. Those neighborhoods are cesspools anyhow." And then you (or others like you) will come for theirs.

If and when it comes down to bloodshed the military will divide, those blindly following orders of an unconstitutional government against those who support the rebellion of people and the constitution they swore to protect.

"I, _____, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God."

The military oath is to the constitution not the government. A government that violates the second Amendment is a domestic enemy.
The regulations in the UCMJ clearly states that even an order given by the President in violation of his oath to uphold the constitution is invalid.

Of course this flies in the face of the executive ordered wars ordered without the congressional declairation of war so we are already down the slippery slope.

Do you see any *contradiction* with Oath Keepers » Blog Archive » Active Duty Troops In Iraq Are Wearing Oath Keeper Tabs: “… what we are wearing while over here in Iraq”

I commend them for doing the best they can. To actually refuse the unconstitutional order to even be in Iraq in the first place would undoubtedly lead to court marshall.

They are fighting the war. That is there responsibilty. The problem is we the people are not defending them as they are defending us.
Exposing and trying the President for treason against the oath he took to uphold the constitution (as well as congress) is our resposibility.

Unfortunately we have become a country dependant on the Nanny State and will stand idle while this continues.

A serious question to all....

What does one do if the orders of the President and/or the officers appointed over you/us and the constitution are contradictory?

This seems very reasonable. But it probably won't happen.

But in any event if the order was given it would more than likely be obeyed by the majority.

Maybe you wouldn't. I think we are all pack animals. We live in packs, hunt in packs, and are susceptible to a pack mentality. I think you will do what your fellow soldiers do. These orders won't come from a vacuum. Should orders like that come down the pipe, they will have been carefully set up before hand to sound most logical and palatable to you. And I think you will do your duty. It's what you've sworn to do.

Maybe it will start by sending the National Guard into crime-infested neighborhoods, declaring martial law, and going door to door in search of firearms and ammunition. And you will do it because it will make sense to do so. Some of your comrades will die . . . that will reinforce your belief in what you're doing . . . there will be skirmishes . . . but, in the end, a neighborhood will be emptied of its guns. And closed off by sentries.

And then the border will spread. And you will do your duty. Because it will make sense as it is presented to you.

Now I know that makes you mad, and you'll say, NEVER!!!!! But, yes, I think you would. It's who we are.

Law-abiding citizens with their guns will sit back and watch and say, "Good. Those neighborhoods are cesspools anyhow." And then you (or others like you) will come for theirs.

No offense Maggie but saying humans are pack animals and have a pack mentality is an insult to predatory pack animals.

A serious question to all....

What does one do if the orders of the President and/or the officers appointed over you/us and the constitution are contradictory?

I believe the military code specifically states that any soldier can disobey an unlawful order. If the POTUS did such a thing without legal justification or cause and that cause was not affirmed by COTUS then it is unlawful

As would any such order be.

No offense Maggie but saying humans are pack animals and have a pack mentality is an insult to predatory pack animals.

And no offense to my Demented Lycanthropist Friend! ;) :rofl

Back
Top Bottom