• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

This morning, I realized that everything is about to change.

Ah, then you should have been clearer since the post you responded to was about a specific moment. I do wonder if you felt the same way about the vitriol spewed about Obama or 8 years.

would love to have you post the so called vitriol I spewed against Obama?? NOT ONCE DID I PERSONALLY ATTACK OBAMA!! His policies, you bet, his results you bet but like most liberals you live in a bubble and have no clue as to who the liberal policies hurt nor do you care

would love to have you post the so called vitriol I spewed against Obama?? NOT ONCE DID I PERSONALLY ATTACK OBAMA!! His policies, you bet, his results you bet but like most liberals you live in a bubble and have no clue as to who the liberal policies hurt nor do you care
You have personally attacked me many times. Does that mean you like Obama more than you like me?

The world is so much better today than yesterday. What a great inauguration today. So moving, meaningful and lacking what Trump did most...HATE.

You have personally attacked me many times. Does that mean you like Obama more than you like me?

The world is so much better today than yesterday. What a great inauguration today. So moving, meaningful and lacking what Trump did most...HATE.

so you claim, I don't see my responses to you as personal attacks, just on your ideology, lack of civics and economics understanding, and the total results in your city and state. The world may be much better without Trump who put America first and that obviously bothers you but not me. For the next four years my focus will continue to be on results, yours will be to continuing to blame Trump and continuing to blame others for poor personal choices you or others in your city and state make.

You got your career public servant, multi millionaire politician, nanny state promoter back into the WH to undo all the good economic and foreign policy results of the past four years, You must be extremely happy as Happy Days are Hear Again especially for those entitlement minded liberals who are civics and economically challenged. The world celebrates as now we can become the world's policeman again and they can stop spending on their own defense as we will do it for them. China has to be extremely happy today. Let the fun begin!!

I didn't say you spewed vitriol. If you read it again, I was referring to the vitriol in general.

I didn't say you spewed vitriol. If you read it again, I was referring to the vitriol in general.

One of these days you are going to realize what a fraud liberalism is and how spending in the name of compassion may make you feel good but it creates dependence and destroys incentive. Results will always matter and you control your own destiny so stop trying to control and change others.

One of these days you are going to realize what a fraud liberalism is and how spending in the name of compassion may make you feel good but it creates dependence and destroys incentive. Results will always matter and you control your own destiny so stop trying to control and change others.
Do you think if you gave free college tuition to people under a certain earnings group and they earned a degree and ended up with great jobs and careers that they will be "dependent" and not have any "incentives" to succeed?

Do you think if you gave free college tuition to people under a certain earnings group and they earned a degree and ended up with great jobs and careers that they will be "dependent" and not have any "incentives" to succeed?

You mean like the Pell Grant?? You continue to show how poorly informed you are

You mean like the Pell Grant?? You continue to show how poorly informed you are
It seems like you don't know how much a Pell Grant covers. The max for this year is $6,345. That doesn't cover even a semester. I said FREE tuition - 100% based on income. I'm poorly informed? LOL.

See my post #712. You're so out of touch with the real world and what life in America costs. I bet you think giving free college tuition to all under a certain income level is a bad investment?

It seems like you don't know how much a Pell Grant covers. The max for this year is $6,345. That doesn't cover even a semester. I said FREE tuition - 100% based on income. I'm poorly informed? LOL.

That is for one year and is renewable.

See my post #712. You're so out of touch with the real world and what life in America costs. I bet you think giving free college tuition to all under a certain income level is a bad investment?

You live in NYC and have no idea what the cost in the real world is!!

That is for one year and is renewable.
Do you have any idea what the average tuition is at state university? It's about $10K per year for in-state residents. That's an average. $6.3K doesn't cover it and depending where you live it can be much higher.

Do you have any idea what the average tuition is at state university? It's about $10K per year for in-state residents. That's an average. $6.3K doesn't cover it and depending where you live it can be much higher.

You are absolutely clueless living in that bubble called NYC, wow, here is reality. From what I can see from most liberals the education they have received is an embarrassment to the school they attended

For academic year 2019-2020, the average tuition & fees for Colleges in Texas is $5,957 for in-state

2020 Tuition Comparison Between Colleges In Texas (collegetuitioncompare.com)

For starters this post has nothing to do with my comment. Secondly, what I've put in bold has nothing to do with anything I've advocated. Nothing in social programs for some of the basic necessities in life are solely about compassion; they are about improving the quality of life for a nation's citizens so they can then become skilled and productive citizens. Just about every other industrialized nation has figured this out, and some how they don't have a population of dependent loafers.

You are absolutely clueless living in that bubble called NYC, wow, here is reality. From what I can see from most liberals the education they have received is an embarrassment to the school they attended
That's Texas. Talk about living in a bubble. You also mis-read my post where I estimated the average cost was $10K but I was wrong, it was more. I also realize that you probably can't conceive of someone outside of Texas going to college. There are 50 states and it varies greatly. Do you know what universal free college tuition means (based on income)? Less than stellar reading comprehension seems to be a trait when you reply to my (and others) posts.

How Much Is College Tuition?

"In looking just at schools ranked in the National Universities category, for example, the average cost of tuition and fees for the 2020–2021 school year was $41,411 at private colleges, $11,171 for state residents at public colleges and $26,809 for out-of-state students at state schools, according to data reported to ...Sep 17, 2020

That's Texas. Talk about living in a bubble. You also mis-read my post where I estimated the average cost was $10K but I was wrong, it was more. I also realize that you probably can't conceive of someone outside of Texas going to college. There are 50 states and it varies greatly. Do you know what universal free college tuition means (based on income)? Less than stellar reading comprehension seems to be a trait when you reply to my (and others) posts.

How Much Is College Tuition?

"In looking just at schools ranked in the National Universities category, for example, the average cost of tuition and fees for the 2020–2021 school year was $41,411 at private colleges, $11,171 for state residents at public colleges and $26,809 for out-of-state students at state schools, according to data reported to ...Sep 17, 2020

It does appear that you are nothing more than a typical arrogant NY where everything revolves around your state like leading the nation in deaths from covic19, being a social and fiscal nightmare, losing population, having among the highest taxes and cost of living in the nation and now as it appears very poorly educated people who love the results so much they keep voting for the same ideology over and over again.

It does look like a lot of liberals majored in basket weaving, certainly not anything that offers value to the public. the Pell Grant works well for those in poor financial straits and will do quite well in getting these people a job to take care of their family.

Wake up America. The great unsinkable ship Titanic America has hit an iceberg, is taking on water and sinking fast.
What does 'waking up' entail? That is the question really. America is being remade and it is being remade through a model which must, inevitably, turn ideologically against everything that made America America. So, the political régime that is now taking power, and with farther Left-Radical ideologues in the wings waiting for their opportunity to act, is a movement that defines itself through *toppling*. That is, toppling statues, but this *act of toppling* goes much farther beyond that. They say *We defend our democracy!* but by their actions they show that they do not. Their entire self-discourse needs to be exposed.

This *toppling* is a complex ideological act. It is also hysterical and emotional. It may be done by largely unconscious persons who do not really grasp what they are doing, or by dedicated ideologues who certainly do, but what I suggest is trying to see *where this is all going*.

Once you unleash these toppling, overturning forces, inevitably to proceed from one 'statue' (so to speak) to the next. This is why it is fair, through it is a dramatic way to put it, to say these actions are 'insidiously Marxist'. The purpose of Marxist activism is to undermine those symbols through which a people 'identify' themselves. The act of undermining 'identity' in this sense is to dis-invalidate first the idea for which the monument stands or was erected, but then the very person who identifies through it.

It is sort of curious that recently there has been a call to 'defund the police' and yet, also quite recently, 20,000+ troops were brought to the Capitol. So in fact the *meaning* here is that one pole of authority has to be *toppled* but in fact replaced by an even more obvious manifestation of authority. You cannot say that this contradiction is lost on them! It is not even registered!

And that authority will now be brought to bear in a cultural war against "all those who oppose us". And with this, I assert, you can begin to grasp why the term régime is not one of exaggeration.

The advantage -- for those who have the capacity to think things through and who might be able to avoid being captured by these very powerful currents of cultural conformity and mass-complicity -- is that we can use all of this to strengthen our own ideas. To see things clearly. To argue with clarity and in accord with principles philosophically defended.

Obviously, in the first responses you got to your initial post was ridicule. Ridicule, vilification, dismissal -- these are their initial tools. But keep this in mind because it is true: If they feel that they are not succeeding with those tools there are other tools they have at their disposal. Banning, demonetizing, excluding from (what they refer to as) 'polite society', and of course eliminating the flow of information through open opposition to the Constitutional First Amendment right.

Last edited:
What does 'waking up' entail? That is the question really. America is being remade and it is being remade through a model which must, inevitably, turn ideologically against everything that made America America. So, the political régime that is now taking power, and with farther Left-Radical ideologues in the wings waiting for their opportunity to act, is a movement that defines itself through *toppling*. That is, toppling statues, but this *act of toppling* goes much farther beyond that. They say *We defend our democracy!* but by their actions they show that they do not. Their entire self-discourse needs to be exposed.

This *toppling* is a complex ideological act. It is also hysterical and emotional. It may be done by largely unconscious persons who do not really grasp what they are doing, or by dedicated ideologues who certainly do, but what I suggest is trying to see *where this is all going*.

Once you unleash these toppling, overturning forces, inevitably to proceed from one 'statue' (so to speak) to the next. This is why it is fair, through it is a dramatic way to put it, these actions are 'insidiously Marxist'. The purpose of Marxist activism is to undermine those symbols through which a people 'identify' themselves. The act of undermining 'identity' in this sense is to dis-invalidate first the idea for which the monument stands or was erected, but then the very person who identifies through it.

It is sort of curious that recently there has been a call to 'defund the police' and yet, also quite recently, 20,000+ troops were brought to the Capitol. So in fact the *meaning* here is that one pole of authority has to be *toppled* but in fact replaced by an even more obvious manifestation of authority.

And that authority will now be brought to bear in a cultural war against "all those who oppose us". And with this, I assert, you can begin to grasp why the term régime is not one of exaggeration.

The advantage -- for those who have the capacity to think things through and who might be able to avoid being captured by these very powerful currents of cultural conformity and mass-complicity -- is that we can use all of this to strengthen our own ideas. To see things clearly. To argue with clarity and in accord with principles philosophically defended.

Obviously, in the first responses you got to your initial post was ridicule. Ridicule, vilification, dismissal -- these are their initial tools. But keep this in mind because it is true: If they feel that they are not succeeding with those tools there are other tools they have at their disposal. Banning, demonetizing, excluding from (what they refer to as) 'polite society', and of course eliminating the flow of information through open opposition to the Constitutional First Amendment right.

BRAVO!!! Well stated but radicals will always ignore posts like yours as we have seen over the past four years where the deep state exists and actually destroyed anyone who attempted to expose it. Trump did a masterful job in 4 years which is why he took 4 years of hatred, politics of personal destruction. It was never about the supposed lies, supposed character flaws, supposed personality issues, it was all about power of the left being destroyed and the left couldn't allow that to happen so they sold the hatred, diverted from results, focused on Covid19 response by the President ignoring state and local responses, and regained power believing they now have a mandate to turn us into that liberal utopia that doesn't exist anywhere else in the world

BRAVO!!! Well stated but radicals will always ignore posts like yours as we have seen over the past four years where the deep state exists and actually destroyed anyone who attempted to expose it. Trump did a masterful job in 4 years which is why he took 4 years of hatred, politics of personal destruction. It was never about the supposed lies, supposed character flaws, supposed personality issues, it was all about power of the left being destroyed and the left couldn't allow that to happen so they sold the hatred, diverted from results, focused on Covid19 response by the President ignoring state and local responses, and regained power believing they now have a mandate to turn us into that liberal utopia that doesn't exist anywhere else in the world
With full respect I am not sure if it can be said that Trump did a *masterful* job. He did a job though. I think Donald Trump was and is a manifestation of a kind of chaotic will though, and I think he can be praised for having overturned the trajectory of things.

I think it is important to critique Donald Trump just as it is important to value what he did and to praise him. I see Donald Trump as having risen to the occasion within his (notable) limitations. It seemed to me that the responsibility of the office matured him. It seems to me that he became cognizant of what his *historical role* was.

But as I have said in other places I see Donald Trump as a psychological manifestation of a submerged and in a sense a *beaten down* America. I think that that America struggles to define itself and is often out-foxed by those with better educations, more media-savvy, more economic power, and more established links with a controlling and directing élite.

Back
Top Bottom