• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

This Israel-UAE deal is basically nothing but an anti-Iran pact and trump stunt for the election

So are Israel and the UAE not going to engage in formal diplomatic ties? Because personally, I do not care how this helps or hinders Donald Trump's re-election prospects. I think that peace between these two two states is wonderful news and I welcome it. The only thing I would welcome more would be if Iran recognized Israel and abandoned its campaign of terrorism.

I would welcome it in the same way that I would welcome a peace deal in which the People's Republic of China recognized Taiwan's independence or stopped putting West Chinese Turks in concentration camps, even if it was brokered by the Trump administration. Some things are good whoever might have brokered them.
I'm a liberal Democrat who supports Trump. Truthfully I didn't this rapprochement coming. I always thought there were under the surface commercial relations but I'm surprised and gratified it finally went public. The deal itself was a natural; Israeli talent partnered with Arab money is a beautiful combination. This area could rival the United States in importance and influence. As opponents it's a charnel house. You're right, it's better if Iran joins the party. To quote the O'Jays 1973 song "all get aboard the love train." The O'Jays - Love Train - YouTube

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom