• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

This Israel-UAE deal is basically nothing but an anti-Iran pact and trump stunt for the election

You must mean 24/7 advertising. Ha!

Half of what is in the newspapers is advertisement, the Sunday editions are half to two thirds. What's your point?

I have never witnessed such lack of confidence in the voting system by Americans. It sounds like Belarus as each week goes by. It was different before Donald Trump.

I and Americans in general are confident in the voting system unless states and congress do something stupid such as mass mail in voting without first making it secure.

The U.S. Government: "Nationally, the number of collection boxes declined by more than 12,000 in the past 5 years. Some customers have complained the U.S. Postal Service has gone too far and removed too many collection boxes in neighborhoods." (U.S. Postal Service Inspector General)
Where Have All the Collection Boxes Gone? | USPS Office of Inspector General

Rubbish. You did not mention mail collection boxes, you said "mail boxes". As for the collection boxes, perhaps you have not noticed such things as email, Fedex, etc. There is no longer the need for a mail collection box on every block. For instance, most of what I get in my mail box these days is junk mail. I pay all my bills online, even my mortgage and utility bills. However if I need to mail a letter, form, etc that cannot be sent by email, I can stick it in my own mail box and flip the red flag up and the mail carrier will pick it up. There are also mail collection boxes and post offices close to home.

A major Arab nation??? United Arab Emirates, you mean??? What percentage of Donald Trump supporters could find that piece of sand on Pompeo's map, I wonder. What's the capital city there? Ha! Ha!

Once again, you are just butthurt over the fact that Trump is getting credit for it at some level. A peace deal between Israel and any mideast nation is major.

Half of what is in the newspapers is advertisement, the Sunday editions are half to two thirds. What's your point?
Nobody has to read advertisements in newspapers but try watching American news channels without being bombarded with commercials.

I and Americans in general are confident in the voting system unless states and congress do something stupid such as mass mail in voting without first making it secure.
The post offices work fine in Europe.

Rubbish. You did not mention mail collection boxes, you said "mail boxes". As for the collection boxes, perhaps you have not noticed such things as email, Fedex, etc. There is no longer the need for a mail collection box on every block. For instance, most of what I get in my mail box these days is junk mail. I pay all my bills online, even my mortgage and utility bills. However if I need to mail a letter, form, etc that cannot be sent by email, I can stick it in my own mail box and flip the red flag up and the mail carrier will pick it up. There are also mail collection boxes and post offices close to home.
Sorry; I didn't mean to humiliate you. I hope you will be able to stick your ballot in your mail box and flip the red flag, then.

Once again, you are just butthurt over the fact that Trump is getting credit for it at some level. A peace deal between Israel and any mideast nation is major.
Does President Trump know the capital city of the United Arab Emirates, I wonder. Do you? Ha! Ha!

Are you anti-semetic?

Are you anti-Semitic? Are you anti-Palestinian? I'm not. I oppose Israel's abuses, not Jewish people. Most Jewish people in America as far as I know also disapprove of much of what Israel does.

Are you anti-semetic?

Are you anti-Semitic? Are you anti-Palestinian? I'm not. I oppose Israel's abuses, not Jewish people. Most Jewish people in America as far as I know also disapprove of much of what Israel does. I am for Israel thriving, not being attacked, and not for their Palestinian and some other foreign policies.

Nobody has to read advertisements in newspapers but try watching American news channels without being bombarded with commercials.

We are a capitalist nation. Ads come with the news. That's how they pay the newscasters, cameramen, etc. I ignore the ads on the 24 hour cable news programs. Good time to get refreshments or take a bathroom break. Nobody forces you to watch the ads on TV news anymore then you are forced to read them in the newspapers.

The post offices work fine in Europe.

How nice for Europe. The post office works reasonably well here as well. The post office is not the issue with mass mail in voting. The issue is in the voting precincts themselves. There are still far too many active registrations for dead citizens, family pets, people who have moved to and registered to vote in a different state, etc. Only one state has cleaned it's voter rolls enough to make vote by mail anything close to secure. And which part of "There is sim0ply not enough time between now and the November election tomake "national vote by mail secure" do you not understand?

Sorry; I didn't mean to humiliate you.

You didn't. If anything, you humiliated yourself.

I hope you will be able to stick your ballot in your mail box and flip the red flag, then.

If I come up with a legitimate need to vote by absentee ballot, no problem. As for mass mail in voting without the secure requirements entailed in absentee ballots.....not going to happen.

Does President Trump know the capital city of the United Arab Emirates, I wonder. Do you? Ha! Ha

Abu Dhabi. And considering how much Trump is involved in international real estate development, it is laughable ignorance on your part to suggest that Trump is unaware of the UAE capital. Look up the Palm Trump International Hotel & Tower in Dubai.

No, all he does is work on corrupt and bad things.

Why not add "In my ignorant and quite worthless opinion." You would get a lot of likes.

Why not add "In my ignorant and quite worthless opinion." You would get a lot of likes.

Because the rules don't allow me to describe your opinion like that, true or not. Something the moderators might inform you of. But since you say that about your opinion, I don't need to read your posts again.

“Art of the Deal!”

Jared was involved, nuff said!

If Jared Kushner was involved I salute him. And so should everyone in favour pf peace in the Near East.

We are a capitalist nation. Ads come with the news. That's how they pay the newscasters, cameramen, etc. I ignore the ads on the 24 hour cable news programs. Good time to get refreshments or take a bathroom break. Nobody forces you to watch the ads on TV news anymore then you are forced to read them in the newspapers.
That's a lot of eating. I hear obesity is a problem in America.

How nice for Europe. The post office works reasonably well here as well. The post office is not the issue with mass mail in voting. The issue is in the voting precincts themselves. There are still far too many active registrations for dead citizens, family pets, people who have moved to and registered to vote in a different state, etc. Only one state has cleaned it's voter rolls enough to make vote by mail anything close to secure. And which part of "There is sim0ply not enough time between now and the November election tomake "national vote by mail secure" do you not understand?
American commercial TV has shows about zombies. Do you suppose Donald Trump lost the election to Hilary Clinton because of all the illegal Mexican rapists in California voting or because the Walking Dead were turning up at the polls, I wonder.

Abu Dhabi. And considering how much Trump is involved in international real estate development, it is laughable ignorance on your part to suggest that Trump is unaware of the UAE capital. Look up the Palm Trump International Hotel & Tower in Dubai.
Sorry again; I don't mean to embarrass you but the capital city of the United Arab Emirates is not Abu Dhabi. It is Dubai. I use Google. The Palm Trump International Hotel & Tower does not exist. It was never built.

And? People work on bad and corrupt things.

Could you please tell me or the forum why a warming of relations between Israel and the UAE and the UAE's diplomatic recognition of Israel is a bad thing, Craig234? Or do you only look at things from the perspective of "How does this benefit or hurt the people I despise who head these countries, irrespective of how it affects the people"?

Last edited:
That's a lot of eating. I hear obesity is a problem in America.

Do you think all levels of eating are related to obesity? ever heard of healthy eating and healthy snacks?

American commercial TV has shows about zombies.
Do you suppose Donald Trump lost the election to Hilary Clinton because of all the illegal Mexican rapists in California voting or because the Walking Dead were turning up at the polls, I wonder.

Donald Trump did not lose the election at all, much less to Hillary. Are you even aware of who occupies the White House at this time?

Sorry again; I don't mean to embarrass you but the capital city of the United Arab Emirates is not Abu Dhabi. It is Dubai. I use Google. The Palm Trump International Hotel & Tower does not exist. It was never built.

Does not matter that it was never built. The fact that it was proposed at all and Trump was involved should clue you in that Trump knows where the capital of the UAE is located. As for the capital of UAE, perhaps you should double check:

What Is the Capital of the United Arab Emirates? - WorldAtlas

The United Arab Emirates (UAE) is a country in Western Asia. Abu Dhabi is the capital of UAE, and it is the country's largest and the second most populous city.

Looks like you embarrassed yourself again. Dubai is just the capital of one of the seven Emirates in the United Arab Emirates.

Last edited:

The United Arab Emirates (UAE) is a country in Western Asia. Abu Dhabi is the capital of UAE, and it is the country's largest and the second most populous city.

Looks like you embarrassed yourself again. Dubai is just the capital of one of the seven Emirates in the United Arab Emirates.
How could I have got that wrong? Donald Trump would of course know that Abu Dhabi is the capital of the UAE; he has an imaginary hotel there. Is that what you call a mirage? Ha!

Are you anti-Semitic? Are you anti-Palestinian? I'm not. I oppose Israel's abuses, not Jewish people. Most Jewish people in America as far as I know also disapprove of much of what Israel does.

I only know 1 Jewish person and he does not care what Israel does.

I am Roman Catholic.

How could I have got that wrong? Donald Trump would of course know that Abu Dhabi is the capital of the UAE; he has an imaginary hotel there. Is that what you call a mirage? Ha!

The point is that you did get it wrong while arrogantly claiming that you embarrassed me. You have humiliated yourself twice.

The point is that you did get it wrong while arrogantly claiming that you embarrassed me. You have humiliated yourself twice.
Not really; I mean you told me to look up a Trump hotel which does not exist.

Not really; I mean you told me to look up a Trump hotel which does not exist.

Once again....it supported my point not yours. It destroyed your suggestion that Trump did not likely know the capital of the UAE.

Saudi Arabia’s foreign minister on Wednesday cautiously welcomed an agreement between its close ally the United Arab Emirates and Israel to establish full diplomatic ties and exchange embassies. Prince Faisal bin Farhan said the deal, which also halted unilateral annexation by Israel of West Bank territory sought by the Palestinians, “could be viewed as positive.”
Access Denied

It looks very much like some Arab states hate Iran more than Israel.

.jpg

Saudi Foreign Minister Prince Faisal bin Farhan Al-Saud arrive for a press conference in Berlin, on Aug. 19, 2020.

So, the OP is basing its opinion on the link provided that’s co-written by Medea Benjamin?

"Medea Benjamin (born Susan Benjamin; September 10, 1952) is an American political activist who co-founded Code Pink and, along with activist and author Kevin Danaher, the fair trade advocacy group Global Exchange. Benjamin was the Green Party candidate in California in 2000 for the United States Senate”

No bias in that link……nothing to see here….

I'm not sure I would make the issue the emotion of hate - probably, it's more that they see themselves as competitors with Iran, and welcome more opposition to Iran.

Saudi Arabia’s foreign minister on Wednesday cautiously welcomed an agreement between its close ally the United Arab Emirates and Israel to establish full diplomatic ties and exchange embassies. Prince Faisal bin Farhan said the deal, which also halted unilateral annexation by Israel of West Bank territory sought by the Palestinians, “could be viewed as positive.”
Access Denied

.jpg

Saudi Foreign Minister Prince Faisal bin Farhan Al-Saud arrive for a press conference in Berlin, on Aug. 19, 2020.

And that is positive. Iran is the biggest obstacle at this point to peace in the middle east.

Back
Top Bottom