• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

This is what white people tell you when you write about race in America

What are you thinking of when you say 'post racial America' - what is that supposed to mean?

It's not possible to get rid of racism - it exists on all sides of every issue, sure. There are black people who are racist and their are white people who are racist . . . so what does a 'post racial America' really look like?

To me - it's when the majority of people aren't racist and the law doesn't rely on it solely to keep people squared up.

I think I said this in another post. As long as you have diversity you will have prejudice.
The more jaded part of me tends to think even if we reach a point where all people are gray, hairless, and have silver eyes, people will still find some reason to hate one another.

Wow - yet another white people are (all?) like this but black people are not (all?) like that threads.

Some minority of white folks are racist assholes and some minority of black folks are violent criminals - so let's concentrate on (emphasize?) the small white group of racists as being responsible for all problems experienced by anyone black in the US ever.

Relating a few "white" comments about a recent police shooting in Ohio to decades past lynchings in the Deep South is not at all unfair when making such important accusations of persistent and systemic racism by (some, most or all) white people. Never let a "crisis" go to waste.

ceddc531e4bc881680099f493dc58b5c.jpg

Us7J9zg.jpg

a-DAVID-ALLEN-BRUTSCHE-386x217.jpg

f9ceb27472cf8d24d6a540cdea153d88.jpg

pic04.jpg

It will not get any better without political accountability for Institutionalized Racial Differential Treatment.

http://www.debatepolitics.com/gener...merican-white-voters-solidarity-movement.html

What more needs be said?

-

Last edited:
yes but i can look up stats and that less than 1% of black people are violent felons, what percentage of white americans are racists? would you say its more or less than 1%.

Certainly less than the % of morons people who think anonymous Internet comments mean anything

Wow - yet another white people are (all?) like this but black people are not (all?) like that threads.

Some minority of white folks are racist assholes and some minority of black folks are violent criminals - so let's concentrate on (emphasize?) the small white group of racists as being responsible for all problems experienced by anyone black in the US ever.

Relating a few "white" comments about a recent police shooting in Ohio to decades past lynchings in the Deep South is not at all unfair when making such important accusations of persistent and systemic racism by (some, most or all) white people. Never let a "crisis" go to waste.

I would not touch this post with a ten foot pole !! Yikes

Yes, some white people will say such things, oh and by the way, some of it is True. That said, I can hunt up just as many racial statements made by black and brown people that are also full of hate for anyone not like themselves. So here we are with the same old reality, there are still racists among us, they come in all colors and levels of intelligence, does not look like they will be dying off any time soon..

c

It appears to me that you have tied two different subjects together - your OP question, and the Salon article. Although they are related by being tied to race, they both are different discussions from the other.

What is your opinion?

As for my opinion, the article is a racist screed that deserves no discussion, and as to your question, we will never be free from race as long as people define themselves by their race and segregate themselves from the whole while blaming others for whatever ill befalls them. A simple example is how people define themselves with hyphens (Asian-American, Africa-American, etc.) rather than just Americans.

Of course we arent living in a post racial America. there are plenty of twisted little ****s fully invested in keeping America racially divided for fun, profit, and political gain.

MOST of us...frankly...dont have time for it and dont have interest in it anymore. Luckily for the race-baiters...there are still plenty of all too eager participants in their charade. Most of them are unemployed, simple minded, easy manipulated college students...so...bonus...some of them they can be hooked for the rest of their lives.

The quote from the OP starts with the idea that the Grand Jury wasn't just in its decision concerning Rice. It's similar to many other criminal cases in which blacks assume that they are being shafted and take views that are diametrically opposed to what everyone else thinks. If people have no faith or trust in the American legal system then I guess they will have no choice but to go around continuously enraged. This seems to be the case even when the leaders of the legal system are themselves black.

What can one say to a writer who thinks things haven't improved since the days of lynching? There is no point in discussion.

The trouble with blaming everything bad that happens in the black community on whites is that it denies blacks any moral agency.

After reading the OP article I am left with a concern that is only diminished by the lack of interest in this case specifically. We have enough to worry about with realistic looking toys in the hands of a 12 year old only to be shot by the police, only made worse by the lack of care once the boy was down.

The piece ends with a pitch for 2016, as if today's lot of hopefuls from either ole (D) or (R) have any real interest in social cohesion or racial justice. The only proof you need that this conversation goes no where in our division oriented political system that *needs* vilification in order to advance a political desire. The piece illustrates that well in grouping people into a demographic in order to show an inherent view of some other demographic.

The harsh truth here is we still have lingering prejudices to contend with, but perhaps worse the realization there is no political interest in dealing with that problem.

Well put! It's odd, very ODD, that a topic on the minds, even if just passing thoughts, is used not to unite on a common ground (Common meaning most people in America would embrace a lucid discussion) but rather to embrace the few among us, that also happen to be the loudest with the goal to give the impression that the divide is greater and as inflexible as politicians would have us all believe.

Tim-

you go to a site where they are discussing a case that has idiots on both sides, you cherry pick comments from one side, and present them as evidence of the racism that is prevalent in america

brilliant

:shock:

want to bet i can go to the same site, and pick out comments from the BLACK racists posting there?

Back
Top Bottom