• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

This Is How We Know The NRA Is Full Of Sh*t

Guns are banned at their conventions.

According to the NRA, the Secret Service is taking control of the hall during Trump's speech and is prohibiting attendees from having firearms, firearms accessories and knives. Ammunition, laser pointers, pepper spray, toy guns, backpacks and other items also won't be allowed.

Considering this is an organization that advocates for guns in schools, can it get more hypocritical?
It's the rules for the appearance of a President or ex President. The Secret Service runs that show.

It's the rules for the appearance of a President or ex President. The Secret Service runs that show.

The convention runs Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Trump spoke on Friday. Why would the secret service give a shit if guns are carried on Saturday and Sunday?

Guns are banned at their conventions.

According to the NRA, the Secret Service is taking control of the hall during Trump's speech and is prohibiting attendees from having firearms, firearms accessories and knives. Ammunition, laser pointers, pepper spray, toy guns, backpacks and other items also won't be allowed.

Considering this is an organization that advocates for guns in schools, can it get more hypocritical?

Do former presidents with Secret Service details hang out a lot in schools? Sounds a lot like whataboutism.

Do former presidents with Secret Service details hang out a lot in schools? Sounds a lot like whataboutism.
Why are guns banned on the two days when Trump isn’t even there? Hell, he will be over a thousand miles away on those two days.

Why are guns banned on the two days when Trump isn’t even there? Hell, he will be over a thousand miles away on those two days.

1653725641098.png

Why don't they hold events at places that support their views? Why do they invite someone that needs government protection? I suspect because it's easier to blame the venue and the SS than to publicly admit that an auditorium full of gun-wielding yahoos would be problematic.
Lol look at the level of ridiculousness you have to lower yourself to in order to make your moronic and completely dishonest accusation.

Initiating and attack at an NRA event, that doesn't have outside the NRA restrictions on carrying, will get you turned into Swiss cheese as fast as trying to rob a cop bar.

And your pathetic "gun-wielding yahoos" comment solidifies you as not having a ****ing clue as to what you are talking about.

NRA: We want guns in our schools. But at our gun convention? Not so much.
Purposely dishonest post. Why not just honest man?

Easy to find those venues that can hold 80,000 right? One on every corner lol. Pathetic!

If you seek hypocricy just look at your democrat comrades who require ID to get into their events yet claim that IDs are a form of voter suppression to vote.

Lol look at the level of ridiculousness you have to lower yourself to in order to make your moronic and completely dishonest accusation.

Initiating and attack at an NRA event, that doesn't have outside the NRA restrictions on carrying, will get you turned into Swiss cheese as fast as trying to rob a cop bar.

And your pathetic "gun-wielding yahoos" comment solidifies you as not having a ****ing clue as to what you are talking about.

Why doesn't the secret service buy the "good guy with a gun" bullshit?

I suspect because it's easier to blame the venue and the SS

We've to be wary about forming ambiguous initials! The SS and the Third Reich! No wonder Americans fear a future tyranny!

Purposely dishonest post. Why not just honest man?

Easy to find those venues that can hold 80,000 right? One on every corner lol. Pathetic!

If you seek hypocricy just look at your democrat comrades who require ID to get into their events yet claim that IDs are a form of voter suppression to vote.

Ummm... I'm not a Democrat.

Look before you leap next time.

Guns are banned at their conventions

The audience would also be vetted and monitored. I imagine a background check to meet a former president would be even more tightly regulated than a background check for gun purchases. If everyone had to present identification around each street in a city where their movements were carefully mapped then this might deter some gun crime. However such mass surveillance would be counterproductive if the goal is a free society. Soldiers need to stay with their assigned squad where any misbehaviour can be traced back to the squad's members. By contrast civilians aren't confined to a certain neighbourhood or group of friends.

Screenshot_20220528-143722_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:

Initiating and attack at an NRA event, that doesn't have outside the NRA restrictions on carrying, will get you turned into swiss chesse as fast as trying to rob a cop bar.

Do you really expect anyone to seriously respond to your hyperbolic nonsense?

Last edited:
You posted a discredited rumor about the NRA and pushed it at truth and you are questioning the NRAs principles????????
As with Trump, dumb to make up stuff about the NRA any more than Trump. When an organization opposes doctors talking to patients about guns in the house and gets a law passed that would fine them for doing so, when it opposes studies of gun violence, no need to do more than quote them.

As with Trump, dumb to make up stuff about the NRA any more than Trump. When an organization opposes doctors talking to patients about guns in the house and gets a law passed that would fine them for doing so, when it opposes studies of gun violence, no need to do more than quote them.
I am a lifetime member of the NRA, have been for decades. The NRA has no issues with getting guns out of the hands of the violently mentally ill.

I am a lifetime member of the NRA, have been for decades. The NRA has no issues with getting guns out of the hands of the violently mentally ill.
I was a member of the NRA in the 1980s but I quit, I forgot my reason why..

You know who else is full of :poop:? The federal US government. US foreign policy is based on guns. We probably aren't going to solve the domestic US gun violence problem until after we solve the international US gun violence problem.

Why does the secret service feel the need to ban firearms when Trump is appearing? Are they just a bunch of libs who don't understand how safe it is to have thousands of good guys with guns in the audience?

Any 12 year old D-average student knows that certain people are far more likely to be targeted with violence because of their position. Don't be an 11-year old F-student. Nobody but the most ridiculous extremists think that the general public should be allowed to have loaded firearms within shooting distance of the President, a former President, or into courtrooms. Sorry, you're not as important as they are.

Sorry, you're not as important as they are.

It'd seem like you were saying the rest of us are expendable.

Nobody but the most ridiculous extremists think that the general public should be allowed to have loaded firearms within shooting distance of the President

Lots of people in society live under a death threat. In Mexico there are umpteem examples of civilian assassinations by cartel members. Arming Mexican civilians would be of little use against military-trained mercenaries working for the cartels. The reasons the killings aren't as high in America are because of the witness protection program and higher frequency of police anti-gang operations rather than the way civilians in America have guns.

"The unrelenting slaughter of Mexican journalists has continued after two more newspeople were gunned down by unidentified assassins – taking the 2022 death toll to 11 in what is the deadliest country for media professionals outside a warzone."

a former President

Is Mr. Trump allowed to have a gun with him during his public speeches? What if one of his bodyguards went rogue and attacked him? According to your logic the more people with guns around you the safer you are, yet you haven't provided an adequate reason for why the trend abruptly reverses for those with increased fame. What about semi-famous figures; do they require 50% gun control for their guests?

general public

The carefully chosen people that can attend courts and presidential ceremonies aren't representative of the general public.

a former President, or into courtrooms

Are millionaires also deserving of gun control around them? If multi-billionaires each have almost as many assets as a small country, how much of a risk are they at for being kidnapped and held to ransom? Do they need paramilitary protection much like the secret service? If so, wouldn't this resemble plutocracy? America has largely avoided domestic communist terror groups due to their culture of freedom and military might. Yet such militant groups would be at greater risk of targeting the super rich than the general public. In other words rich people are at as much risk of terrorism as they are of thieves. Wealthy Americans might fancy their chances against criminals if they've lots of bodyguards but defending against meticulous terrorists are a whole other ball game. Surely they'd be safer under gun control than a policy of gun rights? Is Elon Musk really at greater risk of a future tyrannical US government than he is of criminal cartels?

'Agreeing in part, Musk said he supports “tight background checks” but conceded that the Second Amendment “is an important safeguard to potential tyranny.”'

It'd seem like you were saying the rest of us are expendable.

You know that's not what I'm saying. I'm sure you fully understand my point and just don't have a rational response to it, and therefore are pretending to be an infant.

We don't give out $10 million space suits to everybody, because everybody is not going into space. It doesn't mean that we're expendable.

If people in who are lawfully carrying their firearms on a daily basis were just randomly whipping them out and shooting people in large numbers for no reason, I'm sure states would rethink their carry laws. That's not happening. But we know for a fact that there are enough triggered lunatics who absolutely would murder Trump, Biden, Harris, or any random district court judge who sentenced Uncle Jim to life in prison, if they were allowed within 5 feet of them with an ice pick. You know that, so don't pretend that there's some hypocrisy in effect here.

Great. My point is their extreme stands - like the two I listed - are so over the top that they give credence to the notion that they strayed far from what they used to be, and are a lobby for the gun industry.

Great. My point is their extreme stands - like the two I listed - are so over the top that they give credence to the notion that they strayed far from what they used to be, and are a lobby for the gun industry.
That is left wing projection.

Not my job. you posted it, you link it.
I didn't post it.

I wondered where it came from.​
I spent less than 30 seconds of my time and found out.​

You didn't post it

You wondered where it came from.​
You were too _[fill in the blank]_ to bother to find out for yourself.​
I guess that we have different ideas on how problems are solved -

[1] Do a bit of work and solve the problem.​
and​
[2] Wait until someone hands you the solution on a silver platter.​

One of those methods is faster and surer than the other. I wonder which one it is. Do you know?

Back
Top Bottom