• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

This is how Black people get killed

Antiwar

Green Party progressive
Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Here are three segments of today's "Democracy Now!" You can listen, read, or watch, once the website is caught up. I listen over the radio. These stories made me cry because I empathize with the suffering, feel bad that "my people" still struggle with treating othered people well, and because it's beautiful that progress is happening.

You can go to the below website to engage with these stories:

“This Is How Black People Get Killed”: Dr. Susan Moore Dies of COVID After Decrying Racist Care

“Say Her Name: Dr. Susan Moore.” Black Female Doctors Condemn Racial Disparities in Healthcare

“The Truth in Black and White”: The Kansas City Star Apologizes for History of Racist Coverage

[over-policing]
You don't need to devalue a group of people because you fear them. They are human, just like you. Unfortunately, they are humans that have been abused in America for centuries. We can treat everyone well without having others go without. Well-being for all is the way forward. We don't want to punish the South, or people who are having a hard time understanding or feeling empathy.

I'm sending you an abundance of love and strength.

Antiwar, don't ignore black on black violence and black crime statistics and then when it's literally thrown in your face blame it on the white man and our brave police officers.

Many other people (besides blacks) have faced oppression. ... Asians, Jews, homosexuals, Irish people, etc .... yet we don't see the same crimes statistics within those groups.

Antiwar, don't ignore black on black violence and black crime statistics and then when it's literally thrown in your face blame it on the white man and our brave police officers.

Many other people (besides blacks) have faced oppression. ... Asians, Jews, homosexuals, Irish people, etc .... yet we don't see the same crimes statistics within those groups.
Defund the police: Invest in helping struggling communities instead of focusing on controlling them and their bodies by using violence and imprisonment.

Defund the police: Invest in helping struggling communities instead of focusing on controlling them and their bodies by using violence and imprisonment.
No. Learn not to break the law.

You don't need to devalue a group of people because you fear them. They are human, just like you. Unfortunately, they are humans that have been abused in America for centuries. We can treat everyone well without having others go without. Well-being for all is the way forward. We don't want to punish the South, or people who are having a hard time understanding or feeling empathy.

I'm sending you an abundance of love and strength.
The extremely huge majority of blacks getting killed by police brought it on themselves by being criminals, resisting arrest, etc. Very few are innocent people. Did the police go to far? Sometimes yes, sometimes no. The way to avoid the situation is not being a criminal and not resisting arrest. Personally, I'm fine with removing criminals off the street and I don't care what color they are. To me, criminal's lives don't matter. In many of these cases we are making heroes out of criminals just because they were killed by police. A hero should be a hero, not a criminal who was killed by the police for resisting arrest.

Back
Top Bottom