• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Things democrats have funded that cost more than the border wall

No...it's logistics.

Individuals cant carry enough product. There are no roads out in those areas where they want the wall. Individuals wont be mules out there.

The great majority is brought in thru the normal portals, or boats (normal portal or otherwise). The wall wont have a measurable affect on drug or human trafficking.

What are you saying "no" to?
"logistics"? Is that supposed to be different than what I said?

Tunnels [under walls] are absolutely used for smuggling drugs and people.
Individuals will be mules everywhere.

"After the government built fences in San Diego, drug smugglers turned to the ocean, underground tunnels and, most commonly, the ports of entry. Last year more than 90 percent of the drug seizures happened in the port of entry, where millions of cars drive into San Diego from Mexico every year."
"While the majority of smuggling attempts happen in the ports of entry, the biggest loads of drugs enter San Diego through tunnels. The ones equipped with rails can carry packages as big as 35 tons."
“I think what we are likely to see with the border wall is probably increased levels of smuggling going on within the ports of entry, potentially increased levels in narcotics tunnels,” Unzueta says.
https://www.usatoday.com/border-wall/story/drug-trafficking-smuggling-cartels-tunnels/559814001/

NOTE: Keep in mind whenever you hear something like "... 90 percent of the drug seizures...", that only represents what was caught.

The affect of walls/barriers have had on drug smuggling should be clear.

Independent of the disruption to drug smuggling, walls remain an effective method to limit human illegal entry.
Resources that would otherwise have to be used to control illegal human entry can be used to attack the drug smuggling problem.

The affect of walls/barriers have had on drug smuggling should be clear.

And yet, it's not. And the Border Patrol themselves have provided the stats on it....MOST human and drug trafficking...comes in thru the portals, in trucks/cars.

Tunnels sure. I've mentioned them elsewhere. I believe I mentioned boats in my post to you. The point is: not the middle of nowhere in the desert.

As for logistics: risk/benefit. How much can human mules carry that makes it worth trekking thru the desert worth the risk?

(Pssssssssssssttt: San Diego is not the middle of nowhere in the desert.)

And yet, it's not. And the Border Patrol themselves have provided the stats on it....MOST human and drug trafficking...comes in thru the portals, in trucks/cars.

Tunnels sure. I've mentioned them elsewhere. I believe I mentioned boats in my post to you. The point is: not the middle of nowhere in the desert.

As for logistics: risk/benefit. How much can human mules carry that makes it worth trekking thru the desert worth the risk?

(Pssssssssssssttt: San Diego is not the middle of nowhere in the desert.)

That's what I've been trying to tell you.
Most drug trafficking goes through ports of entry for reasons quoted in #101...
"After the government built fences in San Diego, drug smugglers turned to the ocean, underground tunnels and, most commonly, the ports of entry. Last year more than 90 percent of the drug seizures happened in the port of entry, where millions of cars drive into San Diego from Mexico every year."
"While the majority of smuggling attempts happen in the ports of entry, the biggest loads of drugs enter San Diego through tunnels. The ones equipped with rails can carry packages as big as 35 tons."
“I think what we are likely to see with the border wall is probably increased levels of smuggling going on within the ports of entry, potentially increased levels in narcotics tunnels,” Unzueta says.
https://www.usatoday.com/border-wall...els/559814001/

That's among the reasons for walls.

No need to go back to the '70's for examples. The Democrat budget proposal includes 20 billion more in foreign aid than the President's budget. And the government is sending 10 billion in supplementary aid to Mexico and Central America to improve their countries in the hope that the invaders will not be so anxious to make the trip.

Money isn't the problem. It's the excuse.

SIAP. Rather, it's the Trump.

The reality is.............

This is not just about a wall getting built but about all the problems that are presently involved with illegal aliens and asylum seekers.

https://www.boston.com/news/politics/2019/01/07/a-look-at-the-border-reality-amid-the-wall-debate

None of these things are being addressed, other than the damn wall. You should be aware of all the problems and all the costs involved and perhaps you could find your way to realize that there are better places to spend the money on.

Better ways to spend money like effective ways to prevent undocumenteds from lingering in the country?

Canadians are not the problem

Nope, Trump supporters are the problem, but lucky for them we can't just stick them on a barge and send them back to Europe.

Personally, I think they should be branded so everyone can see what terrible people they are. Maybe a big T, right in the middle of the forehead. And then we will know not to do business with these people. They can just be forgotten and excluded til they die off naturally.

They and their children should also be sterilized. The human race would be better off without their genepools.

We gotta stop Idiocracy from actually happening.

That was the deal Democrats offered and trump rejected it. You’re making a fool out of yourself.

Presidents cannot simply reject something. There must be something on his desk for him to sign or reject. That's the problem. Congress, this one or the last one, is not doing its job. Yet President Trump is getting blamed.

Not that he is not willing to accept the blame, which is another part of the story.

That's what I've been trying to tell you.
Most drug trafficking goes through ports of entry for reasons quoted in #101...
https://www.usatoday.com/border-wall...els/559814001/

That's among the reasons for walls.

Greetings, bubbabgone. :2wave:

It was mind-boggling to read that the biggest loads of drugs can weigh 35 TONS! :eek:

Greetings, bubbabgone. :2wave:

It was mind-boggling to read that the biggest loads of drugs can weigh 35 TONS! :eek:

In tunnels, no less. Some incredibly deep in the ground.

Presidents cannot simply reject something. There must be something on his desk for him to sign or reject. That's the problem. Congress, this one or the last one, is not doing its job. Yet President Trump is getting blamed.

Not that he is not willing to accept the blame, which is another part of the story.

For the life of congress, they don't want to have to act on wall legislation. Their track record on this speaks for itself. It's high time for term limits for congress and limits on lobbyists.

Literally everything else has priority over a wall: global warming, Flint's water crisis, our infrastructure, cyber security, gun-related deaths, health care, education, my aging computer not being able to run photoshop as well, season 2 of True Detective sucking compared to season 1....everything is more important.

When literally every single problem in the United States has been addressed, we will take the wall issue seriously.

Taking the wall seriously means not building it. Not falling for its false security. Not allowing ourselves drawn into its compulsive inwardness.

Your argument is completely incoherent.

What party of Congress has not passed a budget bill is difficult to understand?

What should the House pass that Trump would sign (a border wall is not an acceptable answer)?

What should the House pass that Trump would sign (a border wall is not an acceptable answer)?

Is there some rule that Congress must pass only bills that the President will sign?

Is there some rule that Congress must pass only bills that the President will sign?

Well that seems to be the rub, doesn't it? The House passed a bill to open the government, as well as other bills to reopen various agencies, and McConnell said he wouldn't bring to vote any bills that Trump won't sign.

So again, what bill should the House pass that Trump would sign? Keep in mind that a wall is not an acceptable answer.

Well that seems to be the rub, doesn't it? The House passed a bill to open the government, as well as other bills to reopen various agencies, and McConnell said he wouldn't bring to vote any bills that Trump won't sign.

So again, what bill should the House pass that Trump would sign? Keep in mind that a wall is not an acceptable answer.

Then we have a McConnell problem, not a Trump problem.

Then we have a McConnell problem, not a Trump problem.

Oh, I have no doubt that we have a McConnell problem. The debate is whether Trump or McConnell bears the majority of the blame for the shutdown. Either position is defensible, in my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom