• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

There Are No Conservative Cities, Because Conservatives Are Hill People.

It’s not “only” dems, just the majority. OP is right - the GOP keeps babbling on and on about “dEmoCRaT citIeS.” Well, they’re dem cause they’re larger, need more governance, and the populace is more sophisticated. Rural red states are opioid ****holes where the GOP had gutted infrastructure - education, healthcare, etc. That there are societal problems in dem cities isn’t cause to assume the cities are failing. Mo’ people = Mo’ problems. This is basic logic and rudimentary thinking so naturally the GOP assumes their base will reject it and instead cling to fantasies about how terrible “the other half” live in cities. NO, really, take another opioid. Ya’ll don’t need no HEALTHCARE, just hunt more!

Arab leaders throughout the middle east use the same tactics to keep their people impoverished and angry at Jews for the lack of humanity.

Democrat city means its run by democrats. DERRP!

Blaming "Democratic cities" for a variety of things is nice, if it makes your toes squiggle, but there isn't a single conservative city in the country.

Cities frighten conservatives, and that's a good thing, because Democrats don't want conservatives in cities.

Democrats are too busy working in cities. They're producing goods and services that are then traded across the world. They are taxed on their income for the work they do. The federal government then sends these taxes in the form of subsidies out into the hills, trees, and valleys, where conservatives hide from minorities and make furious posts about Democratic cities.

And I for one don't mind helping the hill people, as long as the Democratic cities meme keeps them where they should be.

Good. Then let lefties burn down lefty cities. It is lefties upset with lefty cities and lefty governments. They obviously don't work.

Good. Then let lefties burn down lefty cities. It is lefties upset with lefty cities and lefty governments. They obviously don't work.

One thing I don't think some city critters have figured out yet: Where do they think their food and other resources come from?

How are they going to feed their families, or rebuild their businesses after they burn them down, without the food and resources being supplied by the "Hill People?" It is as I have always said, if city critters didn't get their meat cellophane-wrapped from grocery stores they would starve to death. They have absolutely no clue where their food, or other resources they use on a daily basis, originates or how to obtain it themselves. They are entirely dependent on the "Hill People."

Nearly 80% of the US cities are run by Dems, so whining about Dem cities burning is like saying fish poop in the oceans, it is only logical that if there is strife in a city it will be a Dem city because most cities are Dem cities. You can stop with your nonsensical narrative now.

One thing I don't think some city critters have figured out yet: Where do they think their food and other resources come from?

How are they going to feed their families, or rebuild their businesses after they burn them down, without the food and resources being supplied by the "Hill People?" It is as I have always said, if city critters didn't get their meat cellophane-wrapped from grocery stores they would starve to death. They have absolutely no clue where their food, or other resources they use on a daily basis, originates or how to obtain it themselves. They are entirely dependent on the "Hill People."

Always find it funny when people imply that everyone living in Cities and the Suburbs are Dems and all those living in small communities and rural areas are all Repubs, nothing could be further from the truth in either case.

The cities fund your services in the country.

You're welcome

Blaming "Democratic cities" for a variety of things is nice, if it makes your toes squiggle, but there isn't a single conservative city in the country.

Cities frighten conservatives, and that's a good thing, because Democrats don't want conservatives in cities.

Democrats are too busy working in cities. They're producing goods and services that are then traded across the world. They are taxed on their income for the work they do. The federal government then sends these taxes in the form of subsidies out into the hills, trees, and valleys, where conservatives hide from minorities and make furious posts about Democratic cities.

And I for one don't mind helping the hill people, as long as the Democratic cities meme keeps them where they should be.

The Hills have eyes

Always find it funny when people imply that everyone living in Cities and the Suburbs are Dems and all those living in small communities and rural areas are all Repubs, nothing could be further from the truth in either case.

The premise of the OP disagrees

The premise of the OP disagrees

So why bring it up with me? I lived in the cities and in the country, I know for a fact that I am correct. Yes, people in the cities tend to be a bit more Liberal and people in the country tend to be a bit more Conservative, but the percentages are no where near what many want to claim.

You might want to take a look at a map of the last General Election. The blue counties are all population centers, where the big cities reside. All the red counties are the rural areas. Like it or not, that is reality.

2016_election_results_by_county.jpg

You might want to take a look at a map of the last General Election. The blue counties are all population centers, where the big cities reside. All the red counties are the rural areas. Like it or not, that is reality.

View attachment 67294734

You are missing the Point, because a county voted red or blue does not mean everyone in those counties shares that political lean, in fact when you look at the map county by county by percentages of votes for each Party it turns that most counties are purple. What that means is that few counties are firmly right or left leaning, and due to circumstances many counties can change their lean, which if enough do the entire State Lean can change, it has happened time and time again. A current example is Arizona, a once Red State that has now turned Blue.

You are missing the Point, because a county voted red or blue does not mean everyone in those counties shares that political lean, in fact when you look at the map county by county by percentages of votes for each Party it turns that most counties are purple. What that means is that few counties are firmly right or left leaning, and due to circumstances many counties can change their lean, which if enough do the entire State Lean can change, it has happened time and time again. A current example is Arizona, a once Red State that has now turned Blue.

I did not miss the point at all. You simply cannot accept the reality that the population centers is where leftist lunatics who have lost their grip on reality reside, and the rural areas are dominated by practical conservative realists. It is an argument for limiting the population of cities, really. If you want to eradicate the mental illness of "liberalism" keep the populations of cities under a quarter million residents.

I did not miss the point at all. You simply cannot accept the reality that the population centers is where leftist lunatics who have lost their grip on reality reside, and the rural areas are dominated by practical conservative realists. It is an argument for limiting the population of cities, really. If you want to eradicate the mental illness of "liberalism" keep the populations of cities under a quarter million residents.

Wow that is super authoritarian stuff!!!!

Lefties always think at the spur of the moment using their hearts. There are no brain cells in hearts.

Nearly 80% of the US cities are run by Dems, so whining about Dem cities burning is like saying fish poop in the oceans, it is only logical that if there is strife in a city it will be a Dem city because most cities are Dem cities. You can stop with your nonsensical narrative now.

Thanks for saying that I am right. Lefty policies and laws make cities worse and now that has all come home to roost. One of these days they will put two and two together.

Thanks for saying that I am right. Lefty policies and laws make cities worse and now that has all come home to roost. One of these days they will put two and two together.

Republicans are weak and powerless in the cities and always will be

Well then I guess the Repubs will have to come up with policies and laws that the majority of Americans can agree with, otherwise the cities will remain firmly under the control of the Dems.
I will add one more thought, in most cities the race for mayor rarely includes Party affiliation, people tend to vote based on policies and not Party.

Lefties always think at the spur of the moment using their hearts. There are no brain cells in hearts.

Righties react at the spur of the moment using the crafted narrative sent down from above. There are no brain cells in propaganda.

lol

Nah. I didn't mean exactly average on some undetermined scale, as that would be a very small percentage of the population, but more in the daily use of the term, as "within some significant deviance of average".

Or:
a = number of significantly above average people
b = number of significantly below average people
c = number of average people.

Assuming a Bell curve, a = b and c > 0, so therefore b + c > a.

...Or am I overthinking my response? :2razz:
Right, but then your proposition that

b + c > a ---> society is doomed to get dumber

fails by contradiction, we could just as readily conclude

a + c > b ---> society is destined to get smarter

:thinking

Republicans are weak and powerless in the cities and always will be

LOL. Funny you should say this while at the very same time lefties are burning lefty cities down and the Democrats have been powerless to stop it.

Well, they’re dem cause they’re larger, need more governance, and the populace is more sophisticated. Rural red states are opioid ****holes where the GOP had gutted infrastructure - education, healthcare, etc. ... Arab leaders throughout the middle east use the same tactics to keep their people impoverished and angry at Jews for the lack of humanity.
Uh... huh. :shock:

Well, next time, don't hold back and let us know how you really feel.

LOL. Funny you should say this while at the very same time lefties are burning lefty cities down and the Democrats have been powerless to stop it.

Yeah the cities are burnt down. Nothing left but rubble

You are freaking hilarious

Back
Top Bottom