• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Theocracy thanks to liberals who refused to vote for Hillary

Three SCOTUS slots changed by 77K votes….:unsure:

Some states allow felons to vote when they leave jail.

I'm british not an ex con.
I think everyone should be allowed to vote though, even those in prison.

Voting is a basic right for everyone and should never be taken away after the age of 18.

I'm british not an ex con.
I think everyone should be allowed to vote though, even those in prison.

Voting is a basic right for everyone and should never be taken away after the age of 18.
First, it was a joke. Second, I agree.

Then why did you ask? After it was clear he couldn't win, his number might have gone down.
I was asking what he got in the presidential election not the primaries. It is the people who voted for candidates who had no chance of winning who let Trump get in.

I was asking what he got in the presidential election not the primaries. It is the people who voted for candidates who had no chance of winning who let Trump get in.
You mean the Hillary voters, who gave the country trump instead of Bernie, by supporting the most disliked candidate in modern history except trump who couldn't beat him, as they knew she was less likely to from polls showing Bernie doing better, getting to independent voters for every one she got. You're right, the Hillary supporters caused a disaster for the coutnry.

You mean the Hillary voters, who gave the country trump instead of Bernie, by supporting the most disliked candidate in modern history except trump who couldn't beat him, as they knew she was less likely to from polls showing Bernie doing better, getting to independent voters for every one she got. You're right, the Hillary supporters caused a disaster for the coutnry.
Pure rubbish.

If Bernie Sanders was a better candidate, he would have won more primaries.

I don't LIKE candidates. The system is too screwed up to produce anyone likable.

I don't LIKE candidates. The system is too screwed up to produce anyone likable.
I think Bernie is likable. He was the most likable candidate, polls say, in modern history.

The Trump court is now beginning to roll back individual rights...
You mean... like Hillary announced was going to be her top policy priority?

Reminder that, for all his faults, Sanders understood that reforming our dire healthcare and public education systems is most progressives' top priority... not ginning up excuses to lock up his political opposition. The Assault Weapons Ban is just the center-right Democrats' answer to the far-right's War on Drugs. The more these corrupt violent authoritarians harp on "getting the weapons of war off our streets"-- like the Obama Administration just dumping milsurp on local police departments-- the less they're willing to do on issues that will genuinely improve American lives.

I refuse to vote for candidates who supported the invasion of Iraq, didn't support gay marriage before SCOTUS forced their hand, don't support the federal legalization of marijuana, don't support real national healthcare, don't support tuition and student loan relief, don't support real and lasting police reform, don't support the rights of transgender people-- I see you, Harris-- and on and on and on and on and on.

I am not the fake progressive here.

Trump was a threat to a lot of things, but what American democracy did we have for him to be a threat to?

What are you talking about? You're seeing it now. We still had a democracy where would you could vote about things and things would change. Now we have a theocracy. The SC will squash everything you want to vote for. That's what we lost because of irrational thinkers on the left who refused to unite against a common enemy.

Hey, we all make mistakes. You can just admit that you should have sucked it up and voted for Hillary.

The system doesn't work if people only vote for the candidate they want. You also need to vote for the least bad candidate or the system breaks. Votes split and horrible people get elected.

If it's Hitler versus Hillary, you have to suck it up and vote for Hillary. You can't just stay home and bitch about the political system.

The system doesn't work if people only vote for the candidate they want. You also need to vote for the least bad candidate or the system breaks. Votes split and horrible people get elected.

If everyone has to vote for the "least worst" candidate and your only two choices are both right-wing kleptocrats, we're not the ones breaking your system: your system is already broken.

If it's Hitler versus Hillary, you have to suck it up and vote for Hillary. You can't just stay home and bitch about the political system.
I didn't stay home. I voted for someone who was even less least worst than Clinton.

You... and by "you", I mostly mean the ****ing DNC... you need to get it through your head that we do not owe you our votes. You are not entitled to our votes. It is not... at any time... ever... someone's ****ing turn to be President. If you want to gain and keep political power in a democracy, you have to earn our votes. You have to appeal to our moral values and our material interests. You have to make the priorities of the people you wish to govern your priorities.

You failed to do that, you lost your election, and it was your fault. And since 09 NOV 2016 the Democratic Party has done nothing, absolutely ****ing nothing, to try to convince progressive-- mostly young-- voters that it deserves their support. For six ****ing years they have done nothing but whine that the people whose support they need were stupid, naïve, and had betrayed the Democratic Party by not voting for the candidate they picked for us. Honestly... as much as I ****ing hate Trump, I was genuinely surprised that he lost in 2020 after the DNC spent Trump's entire term alienating the progressive vote and nominated a doddering fossil for their candidate.

Please, by all means, continue demanding everything and offering nothing to the voting bloc that'll be choosing your nursing homes soon. Maybe when the Democratic Party completely ceases to be politically relevant, there'll be a real liberal-progressive wing in the resistance movement trying to overthrow the Republic of Gilead.

I think Bernie is likable. He was the most likable candidate, polls say, in modern history.

Elections results say he wasn’t.

Yes, you are. People like you are major threats to health care, education, women’s right to choose, democratic institutions, and everything else real progressives hold dear.

And if in the next few years, as seems likely, the SCOTUS you ushered in reverses Chevron and dismantles the administrative state (as it’s dismantling the right to privacy), progressivism is over for a century or so.

I didn't "fail" to vote for Clinton, like some of her deranged bootlickers keep saying-- I deliberately and knowingly voted for someone else, because she is a corrupt right-wing authoritarian who-- with everything else at stake in this country-- decided her highest priority was passing an arbitrary "assault weapons ban".

If you want to blame someone for Trump 2016, blame her political machine for knowing she was the second-most unpopular presidential candidate ever, and putting her on top of the ticket anyway because it was "her turn". Blame them for setting up a moronic loudmouth compulsive liar as a strawman and then losing to him.

**** Hillary Clinton and **** her delusional "lost cause" cultists. If anyone in the Democratic Party really believed that Trump was as much of a threat to democracy as they say he was-- and he was-- they wouldn't have thought 2016 was the year to gamble on our future. Well, they did, and they lost and it is their fault and their fault alone.

Go ahead, blame your own voterbase for your own failure to serve them and see how that works out for you. After all, these are only the most important midterms in our lives... I'm sure you'll have plenty more to blame us for by 2024.

Thank you for this. It's basically what I've also been saying. The DNC shot themselves in the foot for the usual establishment reasons.

If everyone has to vote for the "least worst" candidate and your only two choices are both right-wing kleptocrats, we're not the ones breaking your system: your system is already broken.

OK. Yet if one of them will appoint three radicalized Federalist Society Justices to the Supreme Court, sign trillions more dollars in tax cuts for the rich, mishandle a pandemic killing hundreds of thousands of Americans, criminally withhold military aid to Ukraine to extort political lies, and attempt to end democacry in the US and steal the presidency, and other won't, which we didn't know specifically but we had the general idea., it matters which you vote for.

Thank you for this. It's basically what I've also been saying. The DNC shot themselves in the foot for the usual establishment reasons.
As a strong Bernie supporter, I'll agree with that and criticize the Hillary wing every day ending in y and twice on Sunday for the disaster of not supporting Bernie, bad behavior in the primary, and likely giving us trump. But then read the post above, #140.

Hey, we all make mistakes. You can just admit that you should have sucked it up and voted for Hillary.

Hey, we all make mistakes. You can just admit that you should have sucked it up and voted for Bernie in the primary, just as he should for Hillary in the general.

You mean... like Hillary announced was going to be her top policy priority?

Reminder that, for all his faults, Sanders understood that reforming our dire healthcare and public education systems is most progressives' top priority... not ginning up excuses to lock up his political opposition. The Assault Weapons Ban is just the center-right Democrats' answer to the far-right's War on Drugs. The more these corrupt violent authoritarians harp on "getting the weapons of war off our streets"-- like the Obama Administration just dumping milsurp on local police departments-- the less they're willing to do on issues that will genuinely improve American lives.

I refuse to vote for candidates who supported the invasion of Iraq, didn't support gay marriage before SCOTUS forced their hand, don't support the federal legalization of marijuana, don't support real national healthcare, don't support tuition and student loan relief, don't support real and lasting police reform, don't support the rights of transgender people-- I see you, Harris-- and on and on and on and on and on.

I agree with a lot of your sentiments there, but see post 140. I was very worried about a Hillary presidency, and wanted it very much instead of a far worse trump presidency. I said at the time, the most important decision in the election by far was the Democratic primary picking Bernie, and the second most the general, but the general was still very important - as Bernie also rightly said it was.

With respect:

Here's another reason T**** was elected: People voted for him.

Yep, third party voters elected T****.

I just want to take time to vent about all the liberals who refused to vote for Hillary and allowed Trump to squeak by and turnover the SC to theocrats for generations. Imagine what the court would have looked like had Hillary won?Ho

It frustrates me when ultra-liberals take this all-or-nothing approach and end up screwing things up for everyone.

More socialized medicine? Forget it. Labor right? lol. Gay rights? You'll be lucky if it's not illegal to be gay. Women's rights? gone.

Ultra-liberals are the most annoying group. They voted for Nader and gave us Bush and the Iraq war. They refused to vote for Hillary and gave us a lunatic and now a theocracy. Talk about self-defeating.
Wait, didn't she get something like 3 million more votes that Trump?

With respect:

Here's another reason T**** was elected: People voted for him.

Yep, third party voters elected T****.
And it wasn't what Hillary liars said, Bernie progressives, the hypocrites who didn't support Obama and threatened not to support Bernie if nominated.

With respect:

DP has a "Bernie bro" that voted for T****: the guy that always says "commies."

DP has a "Bernie bro" that voted for T****: the guy that always says "commies."

Don't know who you are referring to, probably not someone I read, but I challenge that they are a "Bernie progressive", which is what I said. I'm tired of having to repeat about how there are some people on the right who never vote for Democrats who had Bernie as first pick and turmp as second, because Bernie can appeal to voters other Democrats can't.

OK. Yet if one of them will appoint three radicalized Federalist Society Justices to the Supreme Court, sign trillions more dollars in tax cuts for the rich, mishandle a pandemic killing hundreds of thousands of Americans, criminally withhold military aid to Ukraine to extort political lies, and attempt to end democacry in the US and steal the presidency, and other won't, which we didn't know specifically but we had the general idea., it matters which you vote for.
It does matter. I voted third-party in the hopes that the two most hated candidates in American history would be the ideal opportunity to get Federal matching funds for an alternative, because I live in a State where that was the only meaningful difference my vote could have made. I'm disappointed in the outcome.

America is a passenger locomotive headed for a cliff. One candidate wanted to pour on the coal, one wanted to slow the train by throwing "deplorable" passengers on the tracks... and I voted for opening up the possibility of opening up the candidate pool to include people who want the train to go in the other direction.

It does matter. I voted third-party in the hopes that the two most hated candidates in American history would be the ideal opportunity to get Federal matching funds for an alternative, because I live in a State where that was the only meaningful difference my vote could have made. I'm disappointed in the outcome.

Ya, you thought the third party might win. Way to go. Since you're ignoring the content of my post, there's no discussion to be had. You're ranting.

Back
Top Bottom