• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Theocracy thanks to liberals who refused to vote for Hillary

Hilarious.

The DNC literally had to conspire with the Clinton campaign to beat Bernie Sanders, she was that ****ing inept as a candidate. Then the Clinton campaign had to work with the leftist media to spin their bullshit Trump/Russia narrative built on an already known and proven fabricated lie and STILL with the media dedication the bulk of their air time in attacks on Trump and pumping up HRC, she still lost.

She was a shit candidate. Even with all the idiot leftists and muttonheaded 'Never Trumpers' she still couldnt pull enough votes to win...and you blame the liberal voters for that?

Ya, you thought the third party might win. Way to go. Since you're ignoring the content of my post, there's no discussion to be had. You're ranting.
He has more in common with Trump supporters than democrats. Both @Real Korimyr #9 and Trump supporters do little more than portray themselves as victimized patriots. They are not victimized and are far from being (or knowing the definition of) patriots.

If everyone could go back in time to the 2020 election Trump would win in a landslide, or at least one big enough that blue city officials couldn’t fix
You're opinion is dramatically divorced from what facts support. You might want to reevaluate your information stream. Your opinion indicates it is narrow, radicalized.

Trump is a racist who "finished" off the consecutive nominations to he Supreme Court by two G.O.P. POTUS of four white male Roman Catholics capped off by
Trump's G.O.P. nomination of a fifth consecutive white Roman Catholic, a "handmaid," of a religious cult of 1750 in which the women submit to and are "headed by"
their males spouses who in turn are "headed by" a commission of eleven males all chosen by the males of the group.

Trump also nominated 54 of the 179 federal circuit, AKA appellate court judges, none of Trump's nominees black, one hispanic.

All of those combined 59 nominees by Trump to the nation's two highest courts were provided by lists of names authored by Leonard Leo, as Trump had
promised during his 2016 campaign.

The Secrets of Leonard Leo, the Man Behind Trump's ...

https://www.thedailybeast.com › the-secrets-of-leonard-...
Jul 9, 2018Leo was the director of Liberty Central, a Tea Party affiliated group he co-founded with Ginni Thomas, wife of Clarence Thomas, that organized a ...

Leonard Leo - Wikipedia

https://en.wikipedia.org › wiki › Leonard_Leo
Leo led campaigns to support the Supreme Court nominations of John Roberts, Samuel Alito, Neil Gorsuch, Brett Kavanaugh, and Amy Coney Barrett.

Last edited:
Ya, you thought the third party might win. Way to go. Since you're ignoring the content of my post, there's no discussion to be had. You're ranting.
No, I thought the third party might get the five percent of the vote necessary to qualify for Federal matching funds and we might sometime in my lifetime have options other than Classic Fascism and Diet Fascism in the ballot box.

You are in denial of the fact that our "two party" political system has robbed the American people of any meaningful control over their own destiny, and all of this dogmatic lesser of two evils bullshit is designed to keep you from questioning why and how that has been allowed to occur. As long as we think those two parties are the only two legitimate choices, and that they can't realistically be unseated, both parties will always be able to control their own bases and independent voters by threatening them with the other.

And... besides the sour grapes of a privileged elite who overplayed their hand, that's all this garbage fire of a thread is: "It rubs the Clinton on its skin, or else it gets the Trump again. It votes for Joe Biden; it does this whenever it is told."

I may not be able to change the system all by myself... but at least I'm not sitting here trying to justify it while it's blaming me for the consequences of its failure. They ran a candidate who was going to give us nothing, and we endured the worst President in our lifetimes-- if not American history-- and then they ran an ancient and ineffectual relic of a bygone age, Obama's life insurance policy, because if progressive voters didn't vote for the candidate they didn't want, they'll definitely vote for a candidate they want even less.

Don't you get it yet? They're not willing to offer us anything for the loyalty they believe they're entitled to, and they're not going to learn their lesson as long as "not being Trump" is enough to make us hold our noses and vote.

Last edited:
Continued from my last post,

Leo's "List" All white, all right...

"No one has been more dedicated to the enterprise of building a Supreme Court that will overturn Roe v. Wade than the Federalist Society's Leonard Leo," conservative writer and lawyer Ed Whelan wrote in the National Review.

To truly understand how we got to this moment and how Leo grew to have so much personal influence over who now sits on the nation's highest court, you must first know about "the list."

The list​

Former President Donald Trump was quick to take credit for the demise of Roe v. Wade on Friday.

In a statement released hours after the Supreme Court decision, he said it was only possible because he "delivered everything as promised, including nominating and getting three highly respected and strong constitutionalists confirmed to the United States Supreme Court."

Those three justices were Neil Gorsuch, Brett Kavanaugh and Amy Coney Barrett — all of whom voted to overturn Roe. And all of whom were, at some point, on a much publicized list of potential SCOTUS nominees that Trump publicly shared.

A list that was personally curated by Leo.

What began with 11 names continued to grow and change throughout Trump's 2016 campaign and eventual presidency. The list helped Trump sway skeptical conservative voters who were unsure if he would represent their beliefs in office — especially anti-abortion beliefs, said Washington Post columnist Ruth Marcus, who has written about the Federalist Society and Leo in her book, Supreme Ambition: Brett Kavanaugh and the Conservative Takeover.

"It was a way of saying to conservative and evangelical voters, 'See, I'm one of you,'" she said.

It was also part of Leo and the Federalist Society's ongoing plan to change the makeup of the court.

"The Federalist Society is a one-stop shopping network for identifying, helping promote, credentialing, and supporting conservative lawyers. And in the end, turning them into conservative judicial nominees, and then conservative judges," Marcus said..."

Five white Roman Catholic nominees "suggested" by Leonard Leo to Bush and Trump by Leonard Leo, close friend to the most corrupt cabinet member of
any POTUS's administration since Warren Harding's, Scott Pruitt.

Leonard Leo - Wikipedia

https://en.wikipedia.org › wiki › Leonard_Leo
Leo led campaigns to support the Supreme Court nominations of John Roberts, Samuel Alito, Neil Gorsuch, Brett Kavanaugh, and Amy Coney Barrett.

Last edited:
I just want to take the time to vent about all the conservative Democrats who refused to vote for Bernie and allowed trump to squeak by and do all the harm he did, while they attacked Bernie like maniacs. Imagine what the country would look like had Bernie won?

But you raise the issue of "ultra-liberals" not voting for Hillary, so let's kill that myth/lie you have fallen for.

In 2008, Hillary lost to Obama. She held back her endorsement, until a meeting with Obama, after which she gave her endorsement - and he made her Secretary of State. Hm. But despite that, *25%* of her supporters refused to vote for Obama, greatly increasing the chances of the Republican winning - which would have put *Sarah Palin* in the White House with many other problems instead of Obama.

But conservative Democrats don't want to take responsibility for that; Obama won, so no problem, they claim. Nevermind that they were so selfish the celebrated their refusal to support the Democratic nominee by calling themselves "PUMAs" - "Part Unity, My Ass!". Those are your Hillary heroes.

In contrast, Bernie had history levels of support from outside the party. There were many who would never vote for Democrats, but said Bernie was their first choice and trump their second. For every independent who supported Hillary, Bernie got two. Bernie beat trump in polls more than Hillary.

But conservative Democrats refused to support the most liked candidate in modern history, Bernie, who was better on policy and politics, and instead forced the most disliked candidate in modern history except trump onto the party and the country, narrowly beating Bernie, with all the corporate money, the media blackout on Bernie, having the party help Hillary in many ways including debate scheduling, and so on.

Yet, when she grabbed the nomination in that corrupt manner, Bernie turned around and campaigned for her like no competitor has ever done. And only 10% of his supporters didn't vote for Hillary, unlike her 25%, despite how many of his supporters weren't even Democrats - suggesting that nearly 100% of his Democratic supporters supported Hillary.

Yet, the attacks on Bernie and his supporters from rabid Hillary supporters - with slander and lies that they're all sexist "Bernie Bros" - are still screamed, with false attacks like yours about their not voting for Hillary.

Fact is, It's the Democrats who supported Hillary who caused trump, and have never been honest to recognize it or take responsibility and still have the gall to blame Bernie and his supporters.

Oh, there's more garbage in your post? Bernie was better on every policy than Hillary - medicine, labor, gay rights as you list - the only issue Hillary had a chance on was women's rights. And the country and party greatly preferred Bernie's policies, but Hillary was able to keep that from getting votes.

Conservative Democrats are the most annoying group. Nader took votes about evenly from Gore and Bush, studies show, but conservative Democrats post lies attacking progressives. They refused to vote for Bernie and gave us a lunatic and now a theocracy. Talk about self-defeating. Two conservative Democrats have blocked Biden and Berne's entire BBB agenda for the country. I bet that's Bernie's fault, you'll say.
Excellent commentary .................... Thank the DNC for screwing Bernie who was the most popular candidate because Bernie relates to the majority. Now we know the RNC and DNC cannot be trusted as both have deviated from smart and practical politics instead moving toward a more conservative deceptive choice aka status quo. Blame the leadership of RNC and DNC for choosing deception thus blowing off the majority.

Well, that is a certainly a belief. Biden might be a bit of a placeholder (at best) but at least he's not an active, ongoing threat to the rule of law.

Clarence Thomas, "dancing with himself"? IOW... has Clarence Thomas "created this Court in his own image and likeness"?

"...

In 1990, Leo became a clerk for a U.S. Court of Appeals judge in Washington, D.C., where he met Clarence Thomas, then an appellate judge. The two became close friends.

After his clerkship, Leo joined the Federalist Society as one of its first paid employees. But he delayed the start date to help Thomas through his contentious confirmation process for the Supreme Court..."

2010: Curiously, Leonard Leo acting as spokesperson for Teaparty sensation, Ginni Thomas, LOL!

Link to archived image of this article, https://archive.ph/n0DCP

What is Ginni Thomas saying now? The evolution of an ...

https://www.washingtonpost.com › style › 2018/12/26
Dec 27, 2018 — When his former colleague Anita Hill accused him of sexual ... Ginni Thomas counts as a mentor Leonard Leo, the Federalist Society leader ...

November 16, 2010
"..Leonard Leo, a Liberty Central board member, said Thomas has had conversations with multiple tea party-related organizations about possible partnerships or mergers, but that no decisions have been made.

“There have been absolutely no discussions with the board about her stepping down,” stressed Leo, an executive at the conservative Federalist Society and longtime friend of Thomas and her husband.

“The bottom line is she hasn’t
made any decisions about what she wants to do and I don’t think just knowing her and knowing what’s transpired over the last few months that she’s going to make any decisions based on a spat of press stories about a single phone call that she made. That’s not her personality and that’s not how she would make a business decision.”

Thomas attracted additional attention last month when it was revealed that she had left a voicemail for Anita Hill, the woman who accused her husband of sexual harassment when he was being confirmed for the high court. Thomas left the message, in which she asked Hill for an apology 19 years after her 1991 accusations, on Hill’s work mailbox at Brandeis University where she is a professor..."

A Guide to the Eighteen Federal Investigations Faced by ...

https://capaction.medium.com › a-guide-to-the-sixteen-...
Jun 25, 2018 — Scott Pruitt resigned as Administrator of the Environmental Protection Agency effective July 6, 2018. He was only in office for 500 days, ...

Last edited:
That's a problem, but it's not the problem I'm talking about here. Criminals getting away with breaking the law... aren't really a threat to the rule of law, even if they occupy high offices. Politicians using their offices to commit and get away with personal, petty crimes isn't a threat to the rule of law.

It's when the office itself acts in defiance of the legal duties and limits of its position, when the government breaks the law against the people, that it's a threat.

That's a problem, but it's not the problem I'm talking about here. Criminals getting away with breaking the law... aren't really a threat to the rule of law, even if they occupy high offices. Politicians using their offices to commit and get away with personal, petty crimes isn't a threat to the rule of law.

It's when the office itself acts in defiance of the legal duties and limits of its position, when the government breaks the law against the people, that it's a threat.
I've waited until you were done shitting all over Hillary. I hope you will agree she would not be "wiggling toes" with Mitch, at this juncture....
(Just "how left" are you, anyway? Clinton was not the only democratic party senator to misplace faith in the integrity of the intel community before deciding
to vote for the war powers resolution requested by Bush in 2002, and she sure got Agnew n' Dick, right, 2-1/2 years before the electorate literally fell off a cliff in the Nixon sweep in 1972. Corporatist? Sure, to an extent, but still the only woman in U.S. history to accomplish the nearly impossible goal of a major party nomination. You sounded like the author of "Clinton Cash," and I do not think that is who you are and I am confident you certainly don't think so, either.)

50341902301_46362428fb_b.jpg

Last edited:
What are you talking about? You're seeing it now. We still had a democracy where would you could vote about things and things would change. Now we have a theocracy. The SC will squash everything you want to vote for. That's what we lost because of irrational thinkers on the left who refused to unite against a common enemy.

Hey, we all make mistakes. You can just admit that you should have sucked it up and voted for Hillary.

The system doesn't work if people only vote for the candidate they want. You also need to vote for the least bad candidate or the system breaks. Votes split and horrible people get elected.

If it's Hitler versus Hillary, you have to suck it up and vote for Hillary. You can't just stay home and bitch about the political system.

With respect:

The highlighted part is where your logic and reasoning completely failed. Voting for the least bad candidate is one of many reasons as to why the presidential election system sucks. You want people to vote for who they don't want, and not vote for who they want, which reinforces the :poop:y system.

(Just "how left" are you, anyway? Clinton was not the only democratic party senator to misplace faith in the integrity of the intel community before deciding
to vote for the war powers resolution requested by Bush in 2002,
She was not, and I voted for Kerry in the caucus of 2004, when I was much further right. It wouldn't be much of an issue, on its own, but it's not on its own. I was a right-wing lunatic growing up, perfectly timed with the beginning and the end of the (Bill) Clinton years. Thing is, at the time I remember the "left" and even the establishment Democrats screaming to high heavens that the intel was bad, and pure astonishment that the Senate Democrats went along with it.

Corporatist? Sure, to an extent, but still the only woman in U.S. history to accomplish the nearly impossible goal of a major party nomination.
That's a very impressive accomplishment, yes, and I couldn't take that away from her if I tried. But like President Obama before her, everyone seemed to believe that fact alone should compel me to vote for her. It just... doesn't have anything to do with why I would or wouldn't vote for her. I can't imagine who their counterparts on the Right would have been-- that's telling-- but imagine that they'd never run for office, and it's 2032 and Marjorie Taylor-Green is the first woman on the top of a major Presidential ticket.

I'm not comparing the two officials. I'm saying the "historical accomplishment" doesn't do anything for the fact that neither of them has anything to offer me, ideologically or in terms of my quality of life. I've... already run down the list once today, I think in this thread, of all the ways she isn't what I want from the Democrats... and all the reasons I donate money to gun rights orgs (not the NRA) every time I vote for the Democrats.

Thing is... a few Democrats and a whole lot of Independents told the Democratic Party they wouldn't vote for Hillary Clinton with a gun to their head and... well, the Democratic Party didn't even put a gun to their heads and they were shocked that those people did not, in fact, vote for Hillary Clinton. It was a 100% unforced error that... basically, the entire country tried to warn them about.

It doesn't matter who wins the elections, because the country always moves further to the Right afterwards. I'm not going to live to see the presidential debates of 2056, when Governor Obama tells the American people she loved her father, honors her father... but she would have been a Trump supporter in 2020, and has only been a Democrat since the Thirties because the Republicans have moved so far to the Right.

Excellent commentary .................... Thank the DNC for screwing Bernie who was the most popular candidate because Bernie relates to the majority. Now we know the RNC and DNC cannot be trusted as both have deviated from smart and practical politics instead moving toward a more conservative deceptive choice aka status quo. Blame the leadership of RNC and DNC for choosing deception thus blowing off the majority.
Though they are far, far from equal. DNC has big problems but is far better.

Back
Top Bottom