• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The writer of Genesis 1:29 ignored there are plants that can't be eaten

Luke 11
Jesus’ Teaching on Prayer
11 One day Jesus was praying in a certain place. When he finished, one of his disciples said to him,

“Lord, teach us to pray, just as John taught his disciples.”

2 He said to them,
“When you pray, say:

“‘Father,
hallowed be your name,
your kingdom come.
3 Give us each day our daily bread.
4 Forgive us our sins,
for we also forgive everyone who sins against us.
And lead us not into temptation

There is no prayer to Jesus. We may ask the Father in Jesus' name, but there is no prayer directly to Jesus.

The Lord's Prayer is the prayer that Jesus taught us - it's like a blueprint for a prayer that includes glorifying God and
humbly showing our reliance on Him.

Jesus was showing us how to pray to God. He should know what God want to hear in a prayer, right? After all - He's God!
:)
According to your doctrine, it isn't prayer to all three of your gods, but only to the father.

According to your doctrine, it isn't prayer to all three of your gods, but only to the father.
You'll get the runaround because that is the only way the trinity can be explained...

Yes. To the Father. Jesus (God in human form) - as the SON - shows us by example, what obedience to the Father is.
God is our Father through Jesus Christ. Therefore, Christians are children of God - God is our Father!

John 1
12 But to all who did receive him, who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God,

Romans 8

Life Through the Spirit

8 Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus,
2 because
through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit who gives life has set you free from the law of sin and death.

14 For those who are led by the
Spirit of God are the children of God.
The Spirit you received does not make you slaves, so that you live in fear again; rather, the Spirit you received brought about
your adoption to sonship. And by him we cry, “Abba, Father.”

16 The
Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are God’s children.
17 Now if we are children, then we are heirs—heirs of God and co-heirs with Christ, if indeed we share in his sufferings in order
that we may also share in his glory.

The Holy Spirit (Jesus) we receive, is GOD! They're all One and the Same!

Jesus (God in human form) - teaches us the kind of prayer that appeals to God!
Like I said, Jesus should know what prayer God wants since He's God!

Yes, the prayer is to the Father....because there's only One!
The Father, Jesus and the Holy Spirit are One and the Same. They are One God.

Last edited:

I got cut off by time, but here is the continuation of Romans 8:

Romans 8

9 You, however, are not in the realm of the flesh but are in the realm of the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God lives in you.
And if anyone does not have the
Spirit of Christ, they do not belong to Christ.

10 But if Christ is in you, then even though your body is subject to death because of sin,
the Spirit gives life because of righteousness.

11 And if the Spirit of him who raised Jesus from the dead is living in you,
he who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies because of his Spirit who lives in you.

Here are the facts stated above:

**We are in the realm of THE SPIRIT, if the SPIRIT OF GOD lives in us.

**If anyone does not have the SPIRIT of CHRIST, they do not belong to Christ.
If we do not have Christ, we do not belong to the Father!

**But if Christ is in us (His Spirit) - The Spirit gives life. ONLY GOD can give life!

**If God (who raised Jesus from the dead) is in us, God will also give life to our mortal bodies because of His Spirit (Christ or God) who lives in us.

See how Jesus, and God, and The Spirit are so intertwined.
It all boils down to one thing:
GOD LIVING IN US.

Last edited:
I got cut off by time, but here is the continuation of Romans 8:

Romans 8

9 You, however, are not in the realm of the flesh but are in the realm of the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God lives in you.
And if anyone does not have the
Spirit of Christ, they do not belong to Christ.

10 But if Christ is in you, then even though your body is subject to death because of sin,
the Spirit gives life because of righteousness.

11 And if the Spirit of him who raised Jesus from the dead is living in you,
he who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies because of his Spirit who lives in you.

Here are the facts stated above:

**We are in the realm of THE SPIRIT, if the SPIRIT OF GOD lives in us.

**If anyone does not have the SPIRIT of CHRIST, they do not belong to Christ.
If we do not have Christ, we do not belong to the Father!

**But if Christ is in us (His Spirit) - The Spirit gives life. ONLY GOD can give life!

**If God (who raised Jesus from the dead) is in us, God will also give life to our mortal bodies because of His Spirit (Christ or God) who lives in us.

See how Jesus, and God, and The Spirit are so intertwined.
It all boils down to one thing:
GOD LIVING IN US.
That's a complicated concept of gods in God. And you, too, believe satan rules over the world?

Qur'an 5:75 "Christ the son of Mary was no more than a messenger; many were the messengers that passed away before him. His mother was a woman of truth. They had both to eat their (daily) food. See how Allah doth make His signs clear to them; yet see in what ways they are deluded away from the truth!"

That's a complicated concept of gods in God.

Not as complicated as what Mohammad initially thought as the demon suddenly becoming an "angel of God"....... just because his wife said so! :LOL:

And you, too, believe satan rules over the world?

Satan was allowed to rule on earth.

Qur'an 5:75 "Christ the son of Mary was no more than a messenger; many were the messengers that passed away before him. His mother was a woman of truth. They had both to eat their (daily) food. See how Allah doth make His signs clear to them; yet see in what ways they are deluded away from the truth!"

Lol. Why wouldn't Jesus eat food? God came to live with the people.....as a human! :)

You should wonder and question if He didn't eat at all............... after all, what human can live without eating? :)

"They [think to] deceive Allah and those who believe, but they deceive not except themselves and perceive [it] not." [Quran, 2:9]

The writer(s) of Genesis in chapter 1 verse 29, ignored the fact that there are plants we humans can't eat from.

"And God said, “Behold, I have given you every plant yielding seed that is on the face of all the earth, and every tree with seed in its fruit. You shall have them for food." [Genesis 1:29]

Here are two other translations of the same verse:

"Then God said, "I give you every seed-bearing plant on the face of the whole earth and every tree that has fruit with seed in it. They will be yours for food."

"And God said, “See, I have given you every herb that yields seed which is on the face of all the earth, and every tree whose fruit yields seed; to you it shall be for food."
Genesis 1 and 2 are not history; they are midrash of old, oral tales written down probably long after the Jews came back from exile. Further the Bible is not a science-text; people hearing the verses read out would have been quite aware of what plants and fruits could be eaten.

The writer(s) of Genesis in chapter 1 verse 29, ignored the fact that there are plants we humans can't eat from.

"And God said, “Behold, I have given you every plant yielding seed that is on the face of all the earth, and every tree with seed in its fruit. You shall have them for food." [Genesis 1:29]

"Then God said, "I give you every seed-bearing plant on the face of the whole earth and every tree that has fruit with seed in it. They will be yours for food."

"And God said, “See, I have given you every herb that yields seed which is on the face of all the earth, and every tree whose fruit yields seed; to you it shall be for food."
And the mustard seed isn't the smallest seed. Your point?

Genesis isn't meant to be taken as a scientific text.

Genesis 1 and 2 are not history; they are midrash of old, oral tales written down probably long after the Jews came back from exile. Further the Bible is not a science-text; people hearing the verses read out would have been quite aware of what plants and fruits could be eaten.
You are discrediting the Bible.

I know. It poses itself as a holy text. Called by many the word of God.
Right and its perfectly fine to take it for what it is, allegory.

Hard to believe your claim that you've studied the Bible at all, least of all of being a Theologian...SMH...context is everything when studying the Bible or understandin anything in life, for that matter...that includes considering the people of the time...

Botany: Some wrongly conclude that the Bible is inaccurate because Jesus Christ spoke of “a mustard grain” as “the tiniest of all the seeds.” (Mark 4:30-32) Likely, Jesus meant the seed of the black mustard plant (Brassica nigra or Sinapis nigra), which is only about 0.039 to 0.063 inch [1 to 1.6 mm] in diameter. Though there are smaller seeds, such as fine-as-powder seeds of the orchid, Jesus was not talking to people who grew orchids. Those Galilean Jews knew that of the various types of seeds sown by local farmers, the mustard seed was the tiniest. Jesus was talking about the Kingdom, not teaching a lesson in botany.

I'm not sure the Bible says that.

My point is that the bible is inaccurate.
I know. It poses itself as a holy text. Called by many the word of God.
I'm not sure the Bible says that.

My point is that the bible is inaccurate.

As a Christian I like your sign off quote of : " Qur'an 43:82 "Glory to the Lord of the heavens and the earth, the Lord of the Throne (of Authority)! (He is free) from the things they attribute (to him)!" I read that as meaning He is beyond the things they attribute to him. This recognizes that God is transcendent to man.....in many ways beyond our understanding. But as Christians we also believe that God is immanent(God with us).

This is basically apophatic theology....negative theology(speaking of what God is not). The other side of the coin is cataphatic theology(that which describes what God is). IMO both should be used in conjunction in any attempt to speak of God. IMO we make a huge mistake if we think that we know everything about God. Deuteronomy 29:29......"The secret things belong to the Lord our God, but the things revealed belong to us...."

Sorry for the earlier post, I was in a hurry and got you mixed up with another poster, so scratch the 1st part...:confused::p

Sorry for the earlier post, I was in a hurry and got you mixed up with another poster, so scratch the 1st part...:confused::p
No worries, I didn't read the other reply until just now, lol. It was obvious you had mistaken me for another poster.

Any idea how many times Genesis has been translated before you read the English versions you quoted?

It is indeed a sacred text but not an historical one. The two are not the same.
It most certainly is a history book, particularly focusing on of the nation of Israel...the Bible presents a graphic and true-to-life account of the nation of Israel from its birth onward...it gives a coherent and detailed history stretching through some 4,000 years from man’s beginning down to the time of Nehemiah’s governorship in the 5th century BCE, as well as providing a basic coverage of the period between Nehemiah to the time of Jesus and his apostles...

Any idea how many times Genesis has been translated before you read the English versions you quoted?
Any decent translation refers to the original Hebrew and Greek, unlike the KVJ...

Back
Top Bottom