• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The writer of Genesis 1:29 ignored there are plants that can't be eaten

The difference between saying that a thing that is believed based exclusively on faith is a mystery or that a thing that is believed based exclusively on faith has no explanation.

The way you have described it indicates there is only a semantic difference.

Am I missing a critically important element in understanding this?
In case you're referring to the trinity versus God being one, then it's not semantic at all. The trinity is supposedly one God in three persons which are all one being. Add to that the problems that come up when the trinitarians try to fit the Bible into their doctrine of the trinity. All kinds of absurdities take place.

In case you're referring to the trinity versus God being one, then it's not semantic at all. The trinity is supposedly one God in three persons which are all one being. Add to that the problems that come up when the trinitarians try to fit the Bible into their doctrine of the trinity. All kinds of absurdities take place.
Not only that but they say all 3 are equal, which they're not, and the holy spirit is a person, which it is not...it is God's active force...

Regarding the Trinity is specific, I see NO problem in that.

Every man that was a son and loves his family is a model of the Trinity. He is, at once, a father, a son and a giver of grace. He is not the THE Father, THE Son and the GIVER of Grace, but the concept is evident.

On many given days in my life, I was many things: a boss, a worker, a salesman, a husband, a volunteer and so on. I've enjoyed some good days.

Are you asserting that the All Powerful, Omnipotent, Master of the Universe cannot multi task?

Regarding the Trinity is specific, I see NO problem in that.
I can't explain that much better than I have. external-content.duckduckgo.com(4).jpgThe trinity in itself is only part of the problem of the whole doctrine, though alone able to destroy it...

John 4:22 "You Samaritans worship what you do not know; we worship what we do know, for salvation is from the Jews."

Jesus acknowledges that the Jews know their God. Trinitarians say their God was three in one all along, but the Jews had no idea.

I can't explain that much better than I have. View attachment 67297902The trinity in itself is only part of the problem of the whole doctrine, though alone able to destroy it...

John 4:22 "You Samaritans worship what you do not know; we worship what we do know, for salvation is from the Jews."

Jesus acknowledges that the Jews know their God. Trinitarians say their God was three in one all along, but the Jews had no idea.

If you have proof, you do not need faith. If you have faith, you do not need proof.

Do you understand every article of faith in your religion and have proof that supports your beliefs?

Again, how did that mountain move?

If you have proof, you do not need faith. If you have faith, you do not need proof.

Do you understand every article of faith in your religion and have proof that supports your beliefs?

Again, how did that mountain move?
What are you on about? Can we pick a topic and stick to it?

I don't know if that's true, but then my religion both proves itself and requires faith. If there was no proof for your religion, then that quote would be convenient indeed.

I don't know everything about Islam. Regarding the beliefs I have — which I've learned through studying Islam —I have proof from the scholars for most of the claims I could think of making about my beliefs, but there might be some for which I have not come upon the proof yet. That doesn't mean that I'm lost regarding my faith though, it only means that my knowledge is limited and that I should never teach or speak about things I have no knowledge of.

God moved the mountain.

[

Just to put John 4:22 in proper context:

John 4:22

19 “Sir,” the woman said, “I can see that you are a prophet. 20 Our ancestors worshiped on this mountain, but you Jews claim that the place where we must worship is in Jerusalem.”

21 “Woman,” Jesus replied, “believe me, a time is coming when you will worship the Father neither on this mountain nor in Jerusalem.
22 You Samaritans worship what you do not know; we worship what we do know, for
salvation is from the Jews.

Salvation is from the Jews means, the Messiah comes from the Jews -
from the line of David. Jesus is a Jew.

23 Yet a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in the Spirit and in truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks.
24 God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in
the Spirit and in truth.

That must refer to the Trinity (Jesus as The Truth, and the Holy Spirit).

25 The woman said, “I know that Messiah” (called Christ) “is coming. When he comes, he will explain everything to us.”

26 Then Jesus declared,
“I, the one speaking to you—I am he.”

Salvation is from the Jews means, the Messiah comes from the Jews -
from the line of David. Jesus is a Jew.
OK. You know I accept Jesus عليه السلام as a prophet and a messenger.

Father in the Spirit and in truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks.
24 God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in
the Spirit and in truth.

That must refer to the Trinity (Jesus as The Truth, and the Holy Spirit).
That is a stretch — no, not really — it's a lie, a distortion.

It also seems to be grammatically incorrect.

If that passage meant that people should worship the three, it ought to say, for instance: "worshipers will worship the Father I̶n̶ and the Spirit and I̶n̶ the Truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks.
24 God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship I̶n̶ Him, the Spirit and I̶n̶ the Truth.”
[The boldened are my additions.]

Are you asserting that the All Powerful, Omnipotent, Master of the Universe cannot multi task?
If someone was asserting that, it would be the trinitarians. They are the ones that think God cannot (apparently) (استغفر الله) rule the world as just one — according to the doctrine of the trinity, He needs to divide Himself into three persons. (استغفر الله)

No, it isn't a stretch. When you consider the factor that "wordplay" is often used with The Spirit and The Truth with God.
You'll understand what I'm saying if you read the thread I gave you.

Furthermore, you omitted this part:

23 Yet a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in the Spirit and in truth,
for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks.
24 God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in the Spirit and in truth.”

It couldn't have meant what you want it to mean.
Why weren't true worshippers not worshippng the Father before? If they're true worshippers - how can that be?

What does it mean.......... "has now come?"

25 The woman said, “I know that Messiah” (called Christ) “is coming. When he comes, he will explain everything to us.”

26 Then Jesus declared,
“I, the one speaking to you—I am he.

It's related to this:

John 14
6 Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. 7 If you really know me, you will know[b] my Father as well. From now on, you do know him and have seen him.”

8 Philip said, “Lord, show us the Father and that will be enough for us.”

9 Jesus answered: “Don’t you know me, Philip, even after I have been among you such a long time? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, ‘Show us the Father’?

10 Don’t you believe that I am in the Father, and that the Father is in me? The words I say to you I do not speak on my own authority. Rather, it is the Father, living in me, who is doing his work.

Believe me when I say that I am in the Father and the Father is in me; or at least believe on the evidence of the works themselves.

Jesus Promises the Holy Spirit

15 “If you love me, keep my commands.
16 And I will ask the Father,
and he will give you another advocate to help you and be with you forever— 17 the Spirit of truth.
The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him.
But you know him, for he lives with you and will be in you.

18 I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you.

They know Him because Jesus has lived with His disciples. And, after this........He will be IN them.
Thus He said, I will come to you! He didn't say "I will not leave you orphans; the spirit will come to you." He said,
I WILL COME TO YOU.

Clearly,the Spirit that Jesus speaks of is HIM!

The concept of the Trinity is consistently given THROUGHOUT the Scriptures.
Thus, when you study the Bible - there'll be a lot of referrals to other parts of the Scriptures!

ANYTHING THAT CONTRADICTS the Scriptures in any way, is not the right interpretation.

God will never have any contradictions in His teachings.

An example of contradictions would be the teachings of the JW on hell and eternal punishment, and the belief of ANTI-Trinitarians
against the concept of the Triune God.

Last edited:
OK. You know I accept Jesus عليه السلام as a prophet and a messenger.

If that passage meant that people should worship the three, it ought to say, for instance: "worshipers will worship the Father I̶n̶ and the Spirit and I̶n̶ the Truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks.
24 God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship I̶n̶ Him, the Spirit and I̶n̶ the Truth.”
[The boldened are my additions.]

See Val.....you can't chop off parts of the verses that are on the subject. It will take the message out of context.
You omitted that preceding sentence, unknowingly that it was crucial to what we were talking about. It's part of the revelation.

God wouldn't be wasting words and space on the book.
Just like any quality published book - everything that's written is somehow relevant.
We really have to contemplate.

That's what JWs and other Christians following false teachings do. They try to edit the Scriptures to fit to their false narrative.
What happens? They hit inconsistencies which they can't rationally explain!

The Bible is perfectly consistent. You alter it in any way - of course, it'll become inconsistent! 🤷

It's the same thing that a lot of non-believers and critics of the Scriptures does in order to discredit the Bible.
They cherry-pick and take the message out of context.

Last edited:
What are you on about? Can we pick a topic and stick to it?

I don't know if that's true, but then my religion both proves itself and requires faith. If there was no proof for your religion, then that quote would be convenient indeed.

I don't know everything about Islam. Regarding the beliefs I have — which I've learned through studying Islam —I have proof from the scholars for most of the claims I could think of making about my beliefs, but there might be some for which I have not come upon the proof yet. That doesn't mean that I'm lost regarding my faith though, it only means that my knowledge is limited and that I should never teach or speak about things I have no knowledge of.

God moved the mountain.

I'm not in any way trying to undermine you religion or your faith.

My general impression of God is that He is a very powerful and wise being who helps as he can and communicates with some difficulty.

Like any good Father, He is interested in guiding without controlling.

As He labors to plant ideas in the minds and hearts of those with whom He interacts, those messages are INTERPRETED by those that receive them.

In the Old Testament, the lessons conveyed by the prophets were sometimes duplicates and sometimes contradictory. The New Testament countered a lot of the Old Testament.

Judaism, Christianity and Islam all have areas of commonality and contradiction.

All, in my humble view, demand that faith be employed to accept the "gist" of any or all in whole or in part.

Asserting that there is logical, real world evidence to support the core beliefs of any seems to be a reach far beyond grasp.

If someone was asserting that, it would be the trinitarians. They are the ones that think God cannot (apparently) (استغفر الله) rule the world as just one — according to the doctrine of the trinity, He needs to divide Himself into three persons. (استغفر الله)

Are there teachings in Islam that specifically deny the ability of the All Powerful Master of the Universe to do this?

:oops:

God is ruling the world as one!

He has not divided Himself! He is all Three!

Jeremiah 32

27 “I am the Lord, the God of all mankind. Is anything too hard for me?

Are there teachings in Islam that specifically deny the ability of the All Powerful Master of the Universe to do this?
The core teaching of Islam is that God is one, but then that's the teaching of Christianity as well. Christians do like to talk about how "all religions have flaws", "no religion is perfectly logical", but what do they know? They don't know Islam. When you only have a hammer, every problem looks like a nail.

Yep...the trinity imples God needs help...He does not...he allows others the privilege of helping Him...He does not NEED it...

Yep...the trinity imples God needs help...He does not...he allows others the privilege of helping Him...He does not NEED it...
:rolleyes:

It doesn't imply that at all!

If they're all One and the Same - how can you say He needs help? :)
Lol. So, you're saying - He must need help so He's helping Himself! :LOL:

The core teaching of Islam is that God is one, but then that's the teaching of Christianity as well. Christians do like to talk about how "all religions have flaws", "no religion is perfectly logical", but what do they know? They don't know Islam. When you only have a hammer, every problem looks like a nail.

Are you asserting, then, that all members of Islam hold EXACTLY the same beliefs and interpret all parts of their religion identically with no variation whatever?

Are you asserting, then, that all members of Islam hold EXACTLY the same beliefs and interpret all parts of their religion identically with no variation whatever?
No. 🤨 Is that what you heard?

YES! Lol. Why else would I say They're all One and the Same?
If they're one, why is there separate prayers for jesus and for the Father? Why do you say, "our father, who art in heaven"? If the prayer is addressed to the Father, it's addressed to all of them — why pray to the Father if he is the same as Jesus and the spirit?

:oops:

God is ruling the world as one!

He has not divided Himself! He is all Three!

Jeremiah 32

27 “I am the Lord, the God of all mankind. Is anything too hard for me?
Mark 12:32 - "And the scribe said unto him, Well, Master, thou hast said the truth: for there is one God; and there is none other but he"

Trinitarians: there is one God. There is no other God but the Father, the son and the Holy spirit.

Mark 12:32 - "And the scribe said unto him, Well, Master, thou hast said the truth: for there is one God; and there is none other but he"

Trinitarians: there is one God. There is no other God but the Father, the son and the Holy spirit.

Who are all ........One and the Same. :)

...and to continue with Mark 12...

Whose Son Is the Messiah?

35 While Jesus was teaching in the temple courts, he asked, “Why do the teachers of the law say that the Messiah is the son of David?
36 David himself,
speaking by the Holy Spirit, declared:

The Lord said to my Lord:
“Sit at my right hand
until I put your enemies
under your feet.”’[h]

David himself calls him ‘Lord.’ How then can he be his son?

Because.......they are One and The Same.

Last edited:
If they're one, why is there separate prayers for jesus and for the Father? Why do you say, "our father, who art in heaven"? If the prayer is addressed to the Father, it's addressed to all of them — why pray to the Father if he is the same as Jesus and the spirit?

Luke 11
Jesus’ Teaching on Prayer
11 One day Jesus was praying in a certain place. When he finished, one of his disciples said to him,

“Lord, teach us to pray, just as John taught his disciples.”

2 He said to them,
“When you pray, say:

“‘Father,
hallowed be your name,
your kingdom come.
3 Give us each day our daily bread.
4 Forgive us our sins,
for we also forgive everyone who sins against us.
And lead us not into temptation

There is no prayer to Jesus. We may ask the Father in Jesus' name, but there is no prayer directly to Jesus.

The Lord's Prayer is the prayer that Jesus taught us - it's like a blueprint for a prayer that includes glorifying God and
humbly showing our reliance on Him.

Jesus was showing us how to pray to God. He should know what God want to hear in a prayer, right? After all - He's God!
:)

Back
Top Bottom