• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The War On Christmas Is Over

Moderate Right

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Conservative
At least this battle is:

West Virginia Christmas Parade Keeps Name After Citizens and Politicians Protest

Screw the left and their political correctness. Christmas is Christmas. It's a G-damned federal holiday for Christ's sake! This liberal mayor and her cohorts once again tried to take the Christmas out of the town's Christmas parade and paid the price with public pressure forcing them to put Christmas back in the Christmas parade. I hope they all get shown the door when re-election comes. SJW's can all celebrate whatever the hell they want as long as they don't take other people's Christmas away. Merry Christmas everyone!

At least this battle is:

West Virginia Christmas Parade Keeps Name After Citizens and Politicians Protest

Screw the left and their political correctness. Christmas is Christmas. It's a G-damned federal holiday for Christ's sake! This liberal mayor and her cohorts once again tried to take the Christmas out of the town's Christmas parade and paid the price with public pressure forcing them to put Christmas back in the Christmas parade. I hope they all get shown the door when re-election comes. SJW's can all celebrate whatever the hell they want as long as they don't take other people's Christmas away. Merry Christmas everyone!

Happy holidays to you and your family.

At least this battle is:

Your profanity and taking the name of 'Christ' in vain shows you for what you are, a heretic. You right-wing nutjobs are under the mistaken belief that anyone opposing Trump is a heathen or atheist. You couldn't be more wrong. There are probably as many God-fearing Christians in the democratic party as there are in the republican party. It's a fallacy you like to promote, and it has no basic in truth or fact.

Your profanity and taking the name of 'Christ' in vain shows you for what you are, a heretic. You right-wing nutjobs are under the mistaken belief that anyone opposing Trump is a heathen or atheist. You couldn't be more wrong. There are probably as many God-fearing Christians in the democratic party as there are in the republican party. It's a fallacy you like to promote, and it has no basis in truth or fact.

Instead of putting Christ back in Chritmas I wonder how much longer it will be before they put Christ back into Christians? His most vocal followers are more in line with Judas Iscariot and the Pharisees. Religious conservatives would be having litters of kittens of the state was having religious festivals with the major support to celebrate Ramadan, Diwali, Vesak, or Samhain, so why should either Christmas and conservative Christians get a pass on constitutionality?

The state must be neutral on religion so they should not be having state-supported or endorse religious parades, especially if they only support one religion or sect or support religious belief over non-belief.
The following paragraph is taken from the Lemon v Kurtzman opinion and establishes the rules of the test:

Three ... tests may be gleaned from our cases.

First, the statute must have a secular legislative purpose;

second, its principal or primary effect must be one that neither advances nor inhibits religion;

finally, the statute must not foster an excessive government entanglement with religion.

There is no secular reason to have a Christmas parade and it is state support of a religious belief, so it fails both of the first two questions of the Lemon test of constitutionality.

I'm not surprised that the left has reignited the War on Christmas to distract from what a failure that impeachment hoax turned out to be.

At least this battle is:

Is there any snowflakes more snowflake than the victim trolling Christian?

Not sure there is.

At least this battle is:

Translation: something that never existed "war on christmas" as now stopped because it was never real:lamo

I love fake dishonest made up triggered unhinged retarded outrage, its my favorite thing to watch fail!

:popcorn2:

I'm not surprised that the left has reignited the War on Christmas to distract from what a failure that impeachment hoax turned out to be.

You cannot ignite what never existed.

Why do conservatives hate Hanukkah, Yule, Festivus, Omisoka, Geeta Jayanti, and Bodhi day? There are many religious holidays in December because the US is a very diverse and multi-ethnic country? Why is it that you seek to ignore their religious beliefs? Is it hard to be respectful and not insult others?

Translation: something that never existed "war on Christmas" as now stopped because it was never real:lamo

I love fake dishonest made up triggered unhinged retarded outrage, its my favorite thing to watch fail!

:popcorn2:
This is fun.

I'm certain that you know there is nothing to suggest that Jesus was ever born in December. Not even the Bible makes this claim. Christmas was moved to late December to coincide with the many religious festivals that were traditional at that time as a way to convert pagans and others.

At least this battle is:

No one was taking "Christmas away." :doh

This is fun.

I'm certain that you know there is nothing to suggest that Jesus was ever born in December. Not even the Bible makes this claim. Christmas was moved to late December to coincide with the many religious festivals that were traditional at that time as a way to convert pagans and others.

Yep, the sun being reborn on the winter solstice coinciding with the son being born on December 25th is no happy accident. But, most people are just idiots. So, they don't notice patterns like that.

The only War on Christmas has been dreamed up by a bunch of losers, whiners and PC snowflakes who can't handle it when someone says "Happy Holidays" or whatever. My advice to anyone impacted by the non-existent War on Christmas is to find a blanky and a pacifier.

Yep, the sun being reborn on the winter solstice coinciding with the son being born on December 25th is no happy accident. But, most people are just idiots. So, they don't notice patterns like that.

The sunlight is the shortest on the solstice. but the days start to get longer 3-4 days later, usually on the 25th. The sun is reborn, but Christmas don't know or comprehend that. They can celebrate anything they want, even their oil change or getting new socks, but just be honest about it.

At least this battle is:

Yeah bad thing to do in west virginia.

Instead of putting Christ back in Chritmas I wonder how much longer it will be before they put Christ back into Christians? His most vocal followers are more in line with Judas Iscariot and the Pharisees. Religious conservatives would be having litters of kittens of the state was having religious festivals with the major support to celebrate Ramadan, Diwali, Vesak, or Samhain, so why should either Christmas and conservative Christians get a pass on constitutionality?

The state must be neutral on religion so they should not be having state-supported or endorse religious parades, especially if they only support one religion or sect or support religious belief over non-belief.

There is no secular reason to have a Christmas parade and it is state support of a religious belief, so it fails both of the first two questions of the Lemon test of constitutionality.

Yours Fails the first amendment.
Christmas is a federal holiday.

There is not an endorsement of religion anywhere.

I wage an annual guerrilla counteroffensive against the War on Christmas by saying "Merry Christmas" to every shop clerk and other person I transact business with.

At least this battle is:

Screw the left. Christmas is a God-damned Federal holiday.
Do you know what 'God damned' means? If I had to write an example of hypocrisy I don't think I could improve on this bucket-mouthed rant.

The only War on Christmas has been dreamed up by a bunch of losers, whiners and PC snowflakes who can't handle it when someone says "Happy Holidays" or whatever. My advice to anyone impacted by the non-existent War on Christmas is to find a blanky and a pacifier.

Agree, I say and hear Merry Christmas or Happy Holidays during the season. People who shiver in their boots when someone doesn't specifically say "Merry Christmas", are immature and over-reactive. Can't believe this whining happens every year now by the right-wing Christian snowflakes....laughable really, haven't any of them grown up? :roll:

At least this battle is:

How dumb that someone actually thought that there was a war on Christmas. Another talking point that trump made into a "war". Now it is a war on Thanksgiving, I bet you believe that one too. For years people would say Merry Christmas and a Happy New year. Like usual people got lazy and trimmed it down to just have a happy holidays to include both Christmas and New Years. And then the evangelicals, who support the least moral and Christ like president we have ever had, started saying people are having a war on Christmas crap. And the stupid Trump supporters fell for it. I do not know if I should laugh because of their stupidity or cry because of their stupidity.

At least this battle is:

Blah, blah, blah nothingburger except the one you folks have created in your own minds. Fits right along with the war on christianity, bullcrap made up by the right.

Let me ask everyone, how many folks have been approached by people trying to get you to believe in their religion? Plenty I'm sure. How many folks have been approached by someone saying to you, hey listen, that god thing, it doesn't exist so become a non-believer like me? None I'm pretty sure and yet there seems to be a war on christians, uh huh.

Yours Fails the first amendment.
Christmas is a federal holiday.

There is not an endorsement of religion anywhere.
There is state endorsement of a religion and of religious belief if Christmas is a federal holiday because the state is recognizing it. Why arent Hanukkah, Ramadan, and Yule, among many other religious celebrations, also equal federal holidays?

That is a violation of the First Amendments religious clauses because it is state support of religious belief over not belief and the sate endorsement of one religion or sect over the others. The state is supposed to be neutral on religion unless you also want the federal government to celebrate Hanukkah and Ramadan and force you to take part, as you seem to do with others and your Christian beliefs.

Christmas should not be a federal holiday.

Blah, blah, blah nothingburger except the one you folks have created in your own minds. Fits right along with the war on christianity, bullcrap made up by the right.

Let me ask everyone, how many folks have been approached by people trying to get you to believe in their religion? Plenty I'm sure. How many folks have been approached by someone saying to you, hey listen, that god thing, it doesn't exist so become a non-believer like me? None I'm pretty sure and yet there seems to be a war on christians, uh huh.

H.L. Mencken understood the conservative mindset and the conservtive politicans that pander to them.

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.

H. L. Mencken

Back
Top Bottom