• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The US Constitution is Incapable of Dealing with Racism in America.

Not by half. I do appreciate the sarcasm, though.
I'm glad you recognized my comment was sarcastic.

Will you help me out with language? Maybe "Not by half" is a colloquial phrase; I don't understand what it's supposed to be declaring; it doesn't seem like a complete sentence. Are you declaring that you're only less than 50% more intelligent than me?

The "discovery" of the land that became America and the enslavement of Africans were based in racism.

By Muslims.

The Muslims Arabs initiated the African Slave trade circa 800 CE.

600 years later, the Muslims introduced the African Slave trade to Europeans.

The Constitution solidified those because it didn't address those- at best it was by omission. So there was obviously structural racism.

Maybe you can invent a time machine and travel back in time to enlighten them.

But 400 years of history has shown that "heads and hearts" cannot be changed.

Maybe if 6.2% of the US population stopped committing 54.9% of all murders in the US, people's minds would change.

By Muslims.

The Muslims Arabs initiated the African Slave trade circa 800 CE.

600 years later, the Muslims introduced the African Slave trade to Europeans.

Maybe you can invent a time machine and travel back in time to enlighten them.

Maybe if 6.2% of the US population stopped committing 54.9% of all murders in the US, people's minds would change.

You mention the stat 6.2%.

I thought that it is about 14%.

Happy New Year

I'm glad you recognized my comment was sarcastic.

Will you help me out with language? Maybe "Not by half" is a colloquial phrase; I don't understand what it's supposed to be declaring; it doesn't seem like a complete sentence. Are you declaring that you're only less than 50% more intelligent than me?

As I get older, I find that there are some who know more about all than I do.

I also find that all know more about something than I do.

If i can't learn something from everyone, that's on me, not them.

I assume that you are among the group included by "everyone".

That's an excellent comment.

This website could benefit greatly if more people considered that.

Please consider starting a thread with your comment as the original post. If you do, please reply to this comment and I'll participate in the new thread.

Thanks.

Trouble is too many people think they know more than they do and are aggressive with it.

Admitting you're wrong is harder to do in that environment.

That's an excellent comment.

This website could benefit greatly if more people considered that.

Please consider starting a thread with your comment as the original post. If you do, please reply to this comment and I'll participate in the new thread.

Thanks.

I'm pretty sure that any topic started in any thread will act like birds in winter and go south fast. ;)

Georgia run off election results (1/5/21):

Democracy 2 - Fascism 0.

You mention the stat 6.2%.

I thought that it is about 14%.

Nope.

The majority of murders -- 54.9% -- are committed by Black men who are 6.2% of the population.

That's followed by White men, the Spanish-speaking Native Americans the Media calls Hispanics, White women and finally Black women -- who are 8.1% of the population (bringing the total number of Blacks to 14.3% of the population) -- and the Spanish-speaking Native American women the Media calls Hispanics.

You're 40x more likely to be murdered by a White woman than a Black woman or a Spanish-speaking Native American woman.

Nope.

The majority of murders -- 54.9% -- are committed by Black men who are 6.2% of the population.

That's followed by White men, the Spanish-speaking Native Americans the Media calls Hispanics, White women and finally Black women -- who are 8.1% of the population (bringing the total number of Blacks to 14.3% of the population) -- and the Spanish-speaking Native American women the Media calls Hispanics.

You're 40x more likely to be murdered by a White woman than a Black woman or a Spanish-speaking Native American woman.

Wow!

How interesting.

And profoundly sad.

I hope that Mr. Biden does not prohibit such statistics from being released to the public.

Nope.

So, do you draw any conclusions from these statistics ?

It's all indicating a breakdown of the US system and the US Constitution has no way of dealing with the issue.

Of necessity to hold the union together, the US Constitution was devised and written to appease all of the individual states/ parties. It's quite likely that made it incapable of dealing with racism in a sure and final way.

Other countries lost their right to hold slaves and were able to deal with the issue more thoroughly. America didn't put the matter to bed and now it's stuck with the problem in the 21st. century, where demands of humanity are calling for the issue to be rectified. And America seems to be resisting coming to an answer.
Hence, the tyranny of the Trump regime that has rode the issue into the WH, to his advantage.

Can the US Constitution save the country? Is it equipped with the necessary means to stop an authoritarian who is intent of fascist rule? Or will some other mechanism need to deal with the problem?
as bad as racism is and as much as we need to work together on ending it, how is it the task of the constitution or the federal government to force and enforce thought control on the citizens of an entire nation? why do we need the iron fist of a government to force us to all think the same way?

as bad as racism is and as much as we need to work together on ending it, how is it the task of the constitution or the federal government to force and enforce thought control on the citizens of an entire nation? why do we need the iron fist of a government to force us to all think the same way?

It is very evident in history that the best way to demonstrate the value or lack of value in any idea is to let it be examined, challenged and defended.

The current environment employed by the "Cancel Culture" employing censorship and shunning seems dangerous to civilization.

Previous examples of the same tactics are not complimentary to those currently employing them.

Nope.

Statistically speaking, white Americans certainly have created a race problem in America!
It looks like America will again try to find a solution in punishment. Deadly punishment.

Statistically speaking, white Americans certainly have created a race problem in America!
It looks like America will again try to find a solution in punishment. Deadly punishment.

When it comes to murder, what kind of response would you prefer to see ?

When it comes to murder, what kind of response would you prefer to see ?
Never capital punishment.
America's justice system is held up by the rest of the modern world as the example of failure.

Never capital punishment.
America's justice system is held up by the rest of the modern world as the example of failure.

So you believe that the correct response to murder is indeed punishment, just not capital punishment ?

So if that is your sole criticism of the US judicial system, do you believe that the system in the 22 US states that have abolished capital punishment is flawless ?

Or do you have other examples of "failure" that you claim is held up in the rest of the modern world ?

So you believe that the correct response to murder is indeed punishment, just not capital punishment ?

So if that is your sole criticism of the US judicial system, do you believe that the system in the 22 US states that have abolished capital punishment is flawless ?

Or do you have other examples of "failure" that you claim is held up in the rest of the modern world ?
If you're interested in a rational conversation, pull up your socks and stop spamming. You've used up your free passes with me now.

If you're interested in a rational conversation, pull up your socks and stop spamming. You've used up your free passes with me now.

Which I take as being code for you have no answer.

Doubtless you'll descend into slander now, you usually do at this point.

The Constitution was written when slavery was legal, it is natural that, in its original form, it would reflect that

But the Constitution has been amended to outlaw prejudice on racial grounds.

No the constitution was amended to outlaw prejudice by the government on racial grounds .

Back
Top Bottom