• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Trinity

Logician Man

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
If Jesus is 'God', how can Jesus also be the 'Son of God'? If you believe there is a God the Father, a God the Son, and a Holy Ghost, how can the three separate entities be only one God?

If Jesus is 'God', how can Jesus also be the 'Son of God'? If you believe there is a God the Father, a God the Son, and a Holy Ghost, how can the three separate entities be only one God?
Because God can do anything he chooses.

If we believe that with God, nothing is impossible - then, we ought not to be skeptic of such kind of thing. We saw all the miracles He can do!
God had appeared in many forms - as a burning bush, an example.
Therefore, what is so questionable about coming to us in the person of a human?
That's just logic.

Jesus is The Word of God (during creation).................when God SPOKE creation into existence. Just the same that the SPIRIT of God was also present.
Thus, it is explained in the New Testament that Jesus is The Word.....and everything was created through Him, and He is God.
Yes, everything was created thru Him because God SPOKE - creation - using His WORD - into existence!

God sent His Word to us on earth in order to fulfill God's purpose.

Isaiah 55
8“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways My ways,” declares the LORD.

9“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are My ways higher than your ways
And My thoughts than your thoughts.

10“For as the rain and the snow come down from heaven,
And do not return there without watering the earth
And making it bear and sprout,
And furnishing seed to the sower and bread to the eater;

11So will My word be which goes forth from My mouth;
It will not return to Me empty,
Without accomplishing what I desire,
And without succeeding in the matter for which I sent it.

We don't have the mind and ways of God.
We cannot fully understand the Trinity simply because we are not equipped to do so.

But from what is illustrated in the Scriptures -God came to us in human form, thru the person of Jesus Christ.
He came as the Son of God that perhaps He may show us through example what kind of Love of God (obedience) is required from us. (as taught and emphasized by Christ)
God used the obedience of a son to his father, because it's a relationship that man can relate with, and understand.

Numerous verses in the Bible COLLABORATIVELY send the message that - without any doubt - Jesus is God.
Logic (which is God-given for discernment), also supports it.

Last edited:
Being an agnostic, I find is so easy to spot the superficiality in thinking of the religious fanatic but at the same time the arrogance of the atheist that thinks they know it all.

At least the atheist doesn't tell me I am going to hell when I do things that are not accepted by some rules made up thousand of years ago.

I think regardless what your set on, including atheism if you are really comfortable with yourself there is no need to preach or mock the other side. It shows your own insecurities in my opinion.

Walk around today making statements like that and you just might win a free trip. They're coming to take me away to the funny farm where life is beautiful all the time.

In other words, magic.
Yes, God creates the entire world through magic.

He lays the laws of creation by magic, this way not that, demand to come forth as described.

Yes, God creates the entire world through magic.

He lays the laws of creation by magic, this way not that, demand to come forth as described.
And that makes sense? One can make up anything and say "magic" as an explanation.

Because God can do anything he chooses.

Like getting rid of Satan, or not murdering millions of babies because some of their parents were assholes?

To be the only begotten Son of God means that you are the original Balaram.

Krishna expands as Balaram, from whom come all the other incarnations, including the Holy Spirit from whom come tulsi, the jiva and the Gopis.

Through Balaram, Krishna enters the Material Creation as Maha Visnu, Karanadaksi Vishnu, Ksirodaksy Vishnu, Keshava and Krishna's associates etc.

Lord Vishnu is very tolerant, if you kick him he will worry that you hurt your toe. Other devotees aren't so tolerant and react if youu kick them. One dude went around trying to see who was most tolerant in one story.

And that makes sense? One can make up anything and say "magic" as an explanation.
When there is nothing, you may create anything.

When God cast the spell, that he would be unto Lucifer with his undivided attention to obey him and do everything his way, that was it, He disappeared for all time, and just about everybody had to come to the world that resulted that became a place of woe and repeated birth and death.

Because nobody wanted to be to Lucifer and do it his way, we wanted to be unto God, but since He wasn't there, we all went our own way, but Lucifer had God, so we went unto him as we had God from the beginning, only Lucifer wasn't as tolerant as God, although he may have been taken at first screwing up his magic.

It's just a spell, just energy.

Last edited:
When there is nothing, you may create anything.

When God cast the spell, that he would be unto Lucifer with his undivided attention to obey him and do everything his way, that was it, He disappeared for all time, and just about everybody had to come to the world that resulted that became a place of woe and repeated birth and death.

Because nobody wanted to be to Lucifer and do it his way, we wanted to be unto God, but since He wasn't there we all went our own way.

It's just a spell, just energy.
Energy is an observable and measureable property of reality. Magic is imagination.

The First Avatar (after Caitanya 1486, 4,000) saw what was happening and stepped in to help and became the author of all the good in the world, and thus qualified to compile Scriptures.

The First Avatar (after Caitanya 1486, 4,000) saw what was happening and stepped in to help and became the author of all the good in the world, and thus qualified to compile Scriptures.
Relevance?

Energy is an observable and measureable property of reality. Magic is imagination.
Magic is the manipulation of energy.

I can manipulate all kinds of energy with my brain cells, I can move a machine, I can dictate a speech.

Magic is the manipulation of energy.

I can manipulate all kinds of energy with my brain cells, I can move a machine, I can dictate a speech.
Brain cells use energy to function and communicate. You are not creating anything. Technology can manipulate energy. But that's not magic. Energy follows natural laws. Magic does not, as it implies the supernatural.

To mere mortals, "Pater, Filius et Spiritus Sanctus", but from the divine perspective, "Me, Myself and I".

("Father, Son and Holy Spirit") So the Three are the One. The Trinity is the One seen from three different imperfect perspectives by mortals. The three faces of God. At least that is what a Roman Catholic priest will tell you. Trying to apply secular reasoning to spiritual faith or vice versa are often futile exercises as the two approaches seldom support each other. I gave up in grade-school.

Cheers and be well.
Evilroddy.

Brain cells use energy to function and communicate. You are not creating anything. Technology can manipulate energy. But that's not magic. Energy follows natural laws. Magic does not, as it implies the supernatural.
Only half the definition of magic implies supernatural.

By magic I control the weather, until someone orders up something on me and we have to wrestle and there are all sorts of storms.

All are God. The Father is the Word, the Son is the messenger here on earth and the Holy Spirit is the legacy of the message which restores the Word.

You are the father in your family, your word guides your children. Your word is carried in the lives of your children and is restored every time they put it to work. Such is the nature of the Truth that is God.

Only half the definition of magic implies supernatural.

By magic I control the weather, until someone orders up something on me and we have to wrestle and there are all sorts of storms.
You might want to look up the definition of magic. Are you now suggesting you have weather control powers?

You might want to look up the definition of magic. Are you now suggesting you have weather control powers?
I do.

Not a lot of control, but using my garden hose, I can make it rain.

If it's raining or snowing, I can make it rain or snow harder, while most people make it go away when they have to go to the car and they try to match me to make the snow go away, or order up in my presence, it spreads the snow around the region, and I don't have to shovel as much either. Snow keeps the riff raff out, a good early base at the ski hill and a warm blanket for the frogs in the swamp.

I do.

Not a lot of control, but using my garden hose, I can make it rain.

If it's raining or snowing, I can make it rain or snow harder, while most people make it go away when they have to go to the car and they try to match me to make the snow go away, or order up in my presence, it spreads the snow around the region, and I don't have to shovel as much either. Snow keeps the riff raff out, a good early base at the ski hill and a warm blanket for the frogs in the swamp.
It seems your disconnect from reality is complete.

Back
Top Bottom