• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Trans Bathroom issue easily explained.

Dang. You tricked me. So, I took your recommendation and watched it. You are wrong. It is not excellent. But I guess a one minute jokey vid where the dude calls anyone who doesn't agree with his jokey explanation, "****ing idiots" might appear excellent in some quarters. :shrug:

Nah, hes calling people that cant understand people arent all the same idiots

That's not it at all. The worry is that molesters will exploit the restroom issue. And it doesn't even have to be a molester, what parent wants pervy men in changing rooms and restrooms ogling their young daughters? What woman wants pervy men in the locker room ogling them at the gym?

People who pretend not to get this are fooling nobody.
Succinctly put. Unfortunately, in these forums you'll find lots of people (some who even claim to be women) who say this never happens, and if it does, so what? And, I kid you not, some will say, so what if your daughter sees some stranger's penis. Can you believe it?

Nailed it. End of story.

The issue that almost everyone I know has with this isn't bathrooms, it's locker rooms. Why is that so hard to understand?? Most of just don't care who's pooping in the next stall, but we do care about some sick POS claiming to be a woman so that he can look at our nude 9 year-old daughters. Got it?? It's not about bathrooms, it's about locker rooms....

The anti-transgender position is based on the false belief that transgender people are more likely to molest children. That position is based in the false belief that homosexuality is a choice of evil people, and transgender is a choice by even more evil people.

If we drop the "idea" that transgenders are more likely to molest children, the objections dissipate.

Wrong. It's about people CLAIMING to be TG using that claim to give them access to locker rooms where they are allowed to freely ogle our daughters.

The issue that almost everyone I know has with this isn't bathrooms, it's locker rooms. Why is that so hard to understand?? Most of just don't care who's pooping in the next stall, but we do care about some sick POS claiming to be a woman so that he can look at our nude 9 year-old daughters. Got it?? It's not about bathrooms, it's about locker rooms....

Whether you agree with the bathroom usage or not, if you allow "gender identity" to be protected in law as it is in many so-called human rights ordinances and laws these days, then you are allowing ANYONE unquestioned access not only to bathrooms, but to any formerly sex-segregated spaces like locker rooms and showers.

That's not it at all. The worry is that molesters will exploit the restroom issue. And it doesn't even have to be a molester, what parent wants pervy men in changing rooms and restrooms ogling their young daughters? What woman wants pervy men in the locker room ogling them at the gym?

People who pretend not to get this are fooling nobody.

except that a policy providing for gender identity doesn't cover potential molesters, since they are not transgender, and what you describe remains illegal

so your fear of something that is very rare and still illegal takes priority over the harassment the transgender would have to endure on a regular basis if they had to use the opposite gender bathroom, i see

Might want to tell it to the north carolina government then

Ya'll made the same ruckus over gays in the locker room, so not sure how sympathetic i should be now, but i believe it's standard practice for a trans student to use the nurse's office to change, for instance. I don't see why compromise is so difficult since the transgender are relatively uncommon and i'm sure many of them would prefer to use a unisex change area

except that a policy providing for gender identity doesn't cover potential molesters, since they are not transgender, and what you describe remains illegal

so your fear of something that is very rare and still illegal takes priority over the harassment the transgender would have to endure on a regular basis if they had to use the opposite gender bathroom, i see

Like I said, those who pretend not to understand this issue are fooling no one. Thinking people know better. ;)

nailed it. End of story.

lmao!!!:2rofll::applaud

LOL that was awesome! I love the honesty and simplicity of it. It simply deals with reality and not all of the nonsensical what ifs and activities or criminals that have nothign to do with the issue.

He still doesn't explain why a man pretending to be a woman has more of a right to be comfortable in a public place than a woman who actually IS a woman. Can he explain that with peanut butter?

Once again, the tired and silly attempt to liken discrimination against homosexuals for what they do to discrimination against black people for what they are.Next you'll be trying to peddle the falsehood that the people who wrote and ratified the Fourteenth Amendment in 1868 intended it not to protect the basic civil rights of newly freed black slaves, as all the historic evidence indicates, but also to protect the right of people to engage in homosexual acts.

Nothing in the Constitution requires any state to cater to sexual deviants of any type in its laws. The people of each state are free to cater to them at every opportunity, not to cater to them at all, or to do anything in between. Many people consider it immoral and disgusting to be forced to occupy any room at the same time as people of the opposite sex, when the nature of that room--e.g. a restroom or locker room--requires private parts to be exposed. And they find it all the more so where some of the people involved are children.

LMAO wow those are easily some of the most dishonest, meaningless and retarded comments I have read on this topic.
"Sexual Deviants", Gays are only discriminated against for what they do, people are FORCED to occupy rooms with private parts exposed WOW!!!:lamo
Bigotry and lies noted. :popcorn2:

whats that have to do with transgenders?

He still doesn't explain why a man pretending to be a woman has more of a right to be comfortable in a public place than a woman who actually IS a woman. Can he explain that with peanut butter?

thats because not such right exists in either direction LMAO
strawman = failed

The anti-transgender position is based on the false belief that transgender people are more likely to molest children. That position is based in the false belief that homosexuality is a choice of evil people, and transgender is a choice by even more evil people.

If we drop the "idea" that transgenders are more likely to molest children, the objections dissipate.

No. The bathroom issue is based on the fact that men are more likely to molest children and rape women than are women. That's all.

I've said if you're pre-op stay out of the locker rooms, the changing areas.

I still say that if someone is so concerned about having access to a bathroom everywhere they go that they obsess over not being allowed into one, they may want to get that prostate checked.

It's funny how gay bashing has shifted so quickly to trans bashing huh. Just like the homophobes of yesterday were the racists before that

Mostly that's the reason, but i have heard some claim the new bathroom laws are to prevent non transgender peeping toms from going into female restroom under guise that they're transgender. This is still wrong, but i see it as a less hatefully hysterical position than what really inspired laws like in north carolina

Yep its sad and hilarious at the same time. Its sad SOME people are so vile hateful and bigoted but its hilarious watching their meltdowns and them trying to sell their nonsensical stories and fear mongering that transgenders are evil perverts! It hilarious watching most people make fun of them.

Why some much HATE? its weird, im glad im not wired that way, what a sad, uneducated, vile life SOME of them have

Last edited:

Because the majority of any cases that have been brought up as even "hey we told you this would happen" involve bathrooms, not locker rooms. The only locker room case I can think of is the one where the guy was challenging the law and didn't seem to understand that voyeurism and/or loitering is a crime, even if you are allowed in the locker room.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No. The bathroom issue is based on the fact that men are more likely to molest children and rape women than are women. That's all.

And this still refuses to recognize that location is a key component in that. It is very rare for anyone to be sexually molested or raped in a public restroom because the chances of getting caught are very high.

Wrong. It's about people CLAIMING to be TG using that claim to give them access to locker rooms where they are allowed to freely ogle our daughters.

And if you notice anyone, male or female, transgender or cisgender ogling anyone else in a locker room, that could be considered voyeurism. Even women in locker rooms cannot sit or stand and stare at other women or girls.

whats that have to do with transgenders?

It's a matter of demanding a right, but allowing the responsibility that comes with to go by the wayside. We have a responsibility to protect our children, but because someone gets all butt hurt over where they pee or change their clothes and demands a new right, we fail in upholding that responsibility.

I've said if you're pre-op stay out of the locker rooms, the changing areas.

Yep. What it says on your BC (and you can get it changed after surgery) determines which locker room you use. People need to be responsible for maintaining clarity of this issue if they are going to make that change.

1.)It's a matter of demanding a right
2.) but allowing the responsibility that comes with to go by the wayside.
3.) We have a responsibility to protect our children
4.) but because someone gets all butt hurt over where they pee or change their clothes and demands a new right
5.) we fail in upholding that responsibility.

1.) what right is being demanded?
2.) what responsibility is going to the wayside?
3.) children arent in danger from transgenders any more than anybody else, statistically probably less
4.) not aware of anybody being butt hurt over where they pee and again you mention this "new" right . . what is it?

:lol: You really believe celibate gay people face no discrimination?

If they face any discrimination imposed by government, you don't say what it is. As far as I know, homosexuals can vote, travel, enter into contracts, own land, etc. just like anyone else in this country. If private persons choose to discriminate against them, it is up to majorities in each state to decide what forms of that discrimination, if any, to prohibit by law.

Back
Top Bottom