• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The supreme court just opened the flood gates to more government and corprete control

Re: The supreme court just opened the flood gates to more government and corprete con

With this decision to allow Obama care to stand the supreme court has constitutionalized a process that will lump every one into coverage so now individual behavior will affect the bottom line of the budget. To keep prices from ballooning you will see individual behavior begin to be regulated like it is in newyork with soda size. It also has created a dangerous president that says If a corporation can convince congress there product is necessary they can tax you into buyin it. So say goodbye to personal Health and economic choices.

Make up your mind, Government or Corporate.

And less than 1% of the population... Let me say that again, less than 1% of the population that CAN afford health care insurance and decides not to take personal responsibility is now going to be penalized. So, when they turn up in an emergency room, we have the funds to treat them.

Re: The supreme court just opened the flood gates to more government and corprete con

Make up your mind, Government or Corporate.

And less than 1% of the population... Let me say that again, less than 1% of the population that CAN afford health care insurance and decides not to take personal responsibility is now going to be penalized. So, when they turn up in an emergency room, we have the funds to treat them.
Whats the number after employers (1%)offer them healtcare as part of conpensation?

But the point is you can't live in a society without paying something into it.

So what do you think of have the country not paying income tax? Also I love how the liberals allways point to Canada and Europe for health care but ignore the massive taxes on the middle and Lower classes to make it work.

Now cite your source. What is the comparison in effective tax rates? You are making an argument that assumes everyone knows these things off hand. I have no idea what the effective tax rates of the lower and middle classes of the US and Canada look like in comparison.

Do you?

Now cite your source. What is the comparison in effective tax rates? You are making an argument that assumes everyone knows these things off hand. I have no idea what the effective tax rates of the lower and middle classes of the US and Canada look like in comparison.

Do you?
What are the income tax rates in Canada?
The lowest tax rate is 15% in Canada.

At $42,707 or less you pay 15%, according to your source. In the US, if you make $42,000 you'll pay $6,530 (15.55%).

Yes but there system has little to no deductions what's that 15% after all the credits?

I disagree that not having a kid... and thus not being to take the deduction... is a penalty, but I wholeheartedly agree with your point that I highlighted in red.

You would had to look at what I was refering to:

Shadow Serious

A equivalent in tax law would be a credit for an expense for insurance.

Instead there is a penalty.

I was pointing out if we did tax penalty incited of a tax credit we would have a penalty for not havng a child, for not having green tec equipment, etc.

And I also pointed out the point that you did agree with.

Because of that pesky little 14th amendment that demands "equal protection under the law". To tax the identical amount of INCOME of two citizens differently requires a REASON, as that deduction treats those citizens differently, even though their INCOME is the same. The 16th amendment grants the federal gov't ONLY the power tax the income of citzens, from all sources, NOT the power to tax it differently based on how it was SPENT. To do that, or any other "separate but equal" or "separate and NOT equal" the state must show a "compelling state interest" for a law to do so, or that law is in violation of the 14th amendment.

I'll buy that the government needs a compelling reason, but does it need to be in the best interest of the state? Or by state do you mean all people, and not just individual states?

Yeah I don`t know if anybody has mentioned it yet,

...but it`s "corporate."

SCOTUS has effectively repealed the 10th amendment. The government is no longer limited in its law-making ability to what is specified in the constitution, as the 10th amendment says they should be. They can now make any laws they want so long as they enforce those laws with taxes. I'm not so sure they couldn't even take away our free speech. So long as they weren't REQUIRING it w/ punishment beyond taxation.

Back
Top Bottom