• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The strongman role

Antiwar

Green Party progressive
Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
T**** is labeled as one. P**** is, too. There are others. Biden is also playing the strongman role via Uncle Sam. I'm thinking that the strongman role is a major portion of what's driving the collapse of civilization.

Think about it on the nuclear weapons level; that's the ultimate strongman role. "I will (literally) destroy you!" "Not only will I destroy you, but I'll also destroy myself to destroy you!" Cavemen with clubs stereotype, but with "advanced" destructive weapons.

True story: grade 8, we had a school bully. He enjoyed intimidating people. He was definitely bigger and stronger than I was. One day taunting me he went too far and I lashed out. I split his eyebrow wide open, blood everywhere.
After that he was far less of a bully.

For peaceniks out there: I am a liberal Snowflake, I hate war, or the reasons for it. I was against vietnam, iraq, even afghanistan. But when a bully like Putin isn't confronted and people quake in their boots because he threatens nukes, it is absolutely stunning to me that the US is made out to be the villain for standing up to him.
'
Does ANYONE HERE, besides the OP, believe Putin would stop at Ukraine if he wins this war? So let's all quake in our boots from the threats the bullies make and let them have their way. Yeah, that aught to create world peace.

disappointed_40x40.gif

Lol Trump is the weakest person to ever hold office. Thinnest skin person I’ve ever witnessed.

Your projection and hate are noted.

Wow. Lmfao

IMHO, Biden and Trump and Putin are poor examples of a "strong man."

Biden is the most pathetic example of the three. A strong man needs to appear mentally & physically strong. Biden fails on all counts.

Trump talks too much and ridicules other people too much. This shows insecurity, not the mark of a strongman.

Putin is a physically little guy who looks ridiculous when he struts in front of some tall young soldiers.

I cannot think of any authentic strong men today.

I can think of a lot of dictators (China, Turkey, Syria, Brazil, North Korea, Iran, Egypt, etc.) but I do not think they meet the definition of an authentic strong man, who -- I feel -- has the personality to bring the people along with him through the sheer force of his personality.

IMHO, Biden and Trump and Putin are poor examples of a "strong man."

Biden is the most pathetic example of the three. A strong man needs to appear mentally & physically strong. Biden fails on all counts.

Trump talks too much and ridicules other people too much. This shows insecurity, not the mark of a strongman.

Putin is a physically little guy who looks ridiculous when he struts in front of some tall young soldiers.

I cannot think of any authentic strong men today.

I can think of a lot of dictators (China, Turkey, Syria, Brazil, North Korea, Iran, Egypt, etc.) but I do not think they meet the definition of an authentic strong man, who -- I feel -- has the personality to bring the people along with him through the sheer force of his personality.

Strongmen don't have to be strong, they just have to project strength. And the US projects a lot of strength, as does Russia's nuclear arsenal.

True story: grade 8, we had a school bully. He enjoyed intimidating people. He was definitely bigger and stronger than I was. One day taunting me he went too far and I lashed out. I split his eyebrow wide open, blood everywhere.

For peaceniks out there: I am a liberal Snowflake, I hate war, or the reasons for it. I was against vietnam, iraq, even afghanistan. But when a bully like Putin isn't confronted and people quake in their boots because he threatens nukes, it is absolutely stunning to me that the US is made out to be the villain for standing up to him.
'
Does ANYONE HERE, besides the OP, believe Putin would stop at Ukraine if he wins this war? So let's all quake in our boots from the threats the bullies make and let them have their way. Yeah, that aught to create world peace.

View attachment 67414646

A bully story, a strawman argument, and a "P**** is the current Hitler" paragraphs.

Lol Trump is the weakest person to ever hold office. Thinnest skin person I’ve ever witnessed.

Why did you reply with that?

Why did you reply with that?
Because the idea that Trump is playing a “strongman” role is funny to me when he acts like the biggest baby in the world. Talk about the worst acting ever done.

Because the idea that Trump is playing a “strongman” role is funny to me when he acts like the biggest baby in the world. Talk about the worst acting ever done.

Okay, but it's a legitimate label. And the thread isn't about T****, it's about Biden fomenting nuclear war by playing the strongman role.

Okay, but it's a legitimate label. And the thread isn't about T****, it's about Biden fomenting nuclear war by playing the strongman role.
Oh, so you’re on Russia’s side. Got it.

A bully story, a strawman argument, and a "P**** is the current Hitler" paragraphs.
I understand your point of view, believe it or not, and your political feelings are in your username (as are mine).
But the world blinked before WW2 believing Hitler would only go SO FAR. Then he invade Poland and France. Sorry, you have your philosophy, one I would be on board with 99% of the time, but NOT this time. History should inform us what happens when we believe tyrants will only "go so far."

When people start talking about needing a "strong man", it's usually because they have lost faith in the institutions that keep their country going, and believe that someone is needed who is not afraid to "cut through the red tape" (read: "law") to GET THINGS DONE.

I was very worried that Trump was going to fill this role when he won the 2016 election. Fortunately, he was too incompetent to carry it off.

I understand your point of view, believe it or not, and your political feelings are in your username (as are mine).
But the world blinked before WW2 believing Hitler would only go SO FAR. Then he invade Poland and France. Sorry, you have your philosophy, one I would be on board with 99% of the time, but NOT this time. History should inform us what happens when we believe tyrants will only "go so far."

You're falsely concluding that I wanted P**** to start and want him to continue warring.

By the way, I've seen recent comments from you that warn against nuclear war, then others like this one that ignore it. What's up with the contradictory commentary?
Where is the contradiction? I made my feelings known, stand up to the bully Putin, I NEVER once advocated for a nuclear war against him. I DID advocate giving him his own medicine. Put nukes in forward positions ready to fire. Have his allies in the Middle East on notice if Putin uses nukes, Israel will nuke Syria and Iran out of existence.
Don't make it public you are just bluffing, make Putin believe you are dead serious. He will see US, French and British nukes aimed right down his throat.
You misrepresented what I suggested. Threaten him like he is threatening us. I NEVER SAID use the weapons, unless he fires first.

I like to see a nuclear free world, but I am a realist, more and more countries are acquiring nukes. More and more countries are using those nukes to intimidate their enemies. Call their bluff, they KNOW that mutual destruction means their loved ones and families will be exterminated.

Your peacenik approach will only embolden Putin like it emboldened Hitler. Let history be your guide.

There is no such thing as a safe nuclear war ........not even low yield nuke weapons can be safe.
Which is why no government should have them. The bottom line.

War sucks in general.

'

View attachment 67414646

OP cannot consider any statements other than USA BAD.

That's it. That's his entire displayed opinion on anything at all.

You're falsely concluding that I wanted P**** to start and want him to continue warring.
I NEVER SUGGESTED SUCH A THING. If you are going to resort to putting words in my mouth, then this conversation is over. I have no use for people who can't debate in good faith and have to resort to misrepresenting my words. Shame on you!!

Where is the contradiction?

Right here:

I made my feelings known, stand up to the bully Putin, I NEVER once advocated for a nuclear war against him. I DID advocate giving him his own medicine. Put nukes in forward positions ready to fire. Have his allies in the Middle East on notice if Putin uses nukes, Israel will nuke Syria and Iran out of existence.
Don't make it public you are just bluffing, make Putin believe you are dead serious. He will see US, French and British nukes aimed right down his throat.

You misrepresented what I suggested. Threaten him like he is threatening us. I NEVER SAID use the weapons, unless he fires first.

I like to see a nuclear free world, but I am a realist, more and more countries are acquiring nukes. More and more countries are using those nukes to intimidate their enemies. Call their bluff, they KNOW that mutual destruction means their loved ones and families will be exterminated.

Your peacenik approach will only embolden Putin like it emboldened Hitler. Let history be your guide.

Back
Top Bottom