• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Strange and Curious Cult of QAnon

dumb asses trying to feel special while they think they're losing "their" country.

sounds like people i know here in the South.

dumb asses trying to feel special while they think they're losing "their" country.

sounds like people i know here in the South.

Here is the question, life is changing, america is changing, it always will change, how do you bring those who feel unbalanced by inevitable change along instead of them turning to fantasy worlds and destabilizing the country for everyone else?

often times these people are marginalized and made into the enemy because they cannot keep up with the world, how can that be avoided and how can these people be part of the action for their own well being and prosperity instead of being left behind like they so often are?

So the conspiracy theorists joined together and gave themselves a name. They've been around forever.

You may dismiss the links I'm providing because they are to the Washington (com)Post and other 'librul sites, but . . .

Is QAnon the shape of the Republican backlash to come?

August 2019 - Trump’s Encouraging QAnon May Result in Violence—Just ask the FBI Newly revealed FBI memo warns about conspiracy theories' causal connection to extremist violence

Qanon is this year's dip**** teabaggers. Every now and again, conservatives rebrand themselves so that their tired, old, fake anger appears new. Because they are always angry. And they are always angry because they lack vision and can't lead. Then they get voted in and have to lead, they fail and they rebrand their anger again so as to not be saddled with the responsibility of their failure.

This is the time in that cycle where we start hearing "Vote the bums out" and "Fiscal responsibility on the debt and deficit spending". The GOP has failed to adequately lead again and this is the way they plaster their failure on the left as well with false equivalence. "Vote them ALL out I say!!!11!" It's all bull****. Then teabagger/qanon shows up to show everyone how angry they are at everyone just in time for the next president who has to repair all that republican damage. Then they start using their 24 hour nutjob echo chambers to push bull**** like Operation Jade Helm and any other type of conspiracy lunacy to keep their anger happy. Then the GOP swoops in to tell all these freaks, "I'm angry as hell too! Vote for me because I hate government as much as you do!"

The only new thing about qanon is the name. The actions show that they are the same mentally unstable assholes from before, waiting for the GOP to come white knight their anger with white lies.

Last edited:
Qanon is this year's dip**** teabaggers. Every now and again, conservatives rebrand themselves so that their tired, old, fake anger appears new. Because they are always angry. And they are always angry because they lack vision and can't lead. Then they get voted in and have to lead, they fail and they rebrand their anger again so as to not be saddled with the responsibility of their failure.

This is the time in that cycle where we start hearing "Vote the bums out" and "Fiscal responsibility on the debt and deficit spending". The GOP has failed to adequately lead again and this is the way they plaster their failure on the left as well with false equivalence. "Vote them ALL out I say!!!11!" It's all bull****. Then teabagger/qanon shows up to show everyone how angry they are at everyone just in time for the next president who has to repair all that republican damage. Then they start using their 24 hour nutjob echo chambers to push bull**** like Operation Jade Helm and any other type of conspiracy lunacy to keep their anger happy. Then the GOP swoops in to tell all these freaks, "I'm angry as hell too! Vote for me because I hate government as much as you do!"

The only new thing about qanon is the name. The actions show that they are the same mentally unstable assholes from before, waiting for the GOP to come white knight their anger with white lies.

The FBI sees QAnon as just a wee bit more dangerous than the 'tea-baggers'

Trump just embraced followers of the QAnon conspiracy movement - Vox

President Donald Trump for the first time embraced the growing conspiracy movement QAnon, despite its followers having been identified as a potential domestic terrorism threat by the FBI and linked to numerous acts of violence.

In a White House press briefing on Wednesday, Trump told a reporter, “I don’t know much about the movement other than I understand they like me very much, which I appreciate.”

Born in 2017 on the internet forum 4Chan, QAnon is a collection of blatantly false conspiracy theories . . .

In May 2019, the FBI identified QAnon as a potential domestic terrorism threat. Some QAnon followers have committed acts of violence inspired by their beliefs, including attempted arson and blocking a bridge with a homemade armored vehicle full of weapons. Although it appears that only a minority of QAnon believers so far have engaged in violence in support of the movement, many experts have expressed concern about how its conspiracy theories can quickly radicalize its followers.

The Republican Embrace of QAnon Goes Far Beyond Trump

Yeah, but I don't remember any previous president quoting those conspiracy nutters.

Time passes and they learn to organize better. Tea Party actually started off sincere then got hijacked by rubes angry with no direction. Qanon started off in luny land and roped in the doomsday bunker freaks and put them at the front.

from the NYTimes link in post #34
The president, during a White House news conference on Wednesday, described QAnon followers — some of whom have been charged with murder, domestic terrorism and planned kidnapping — as “people that love our country.”

The president has retweeted QAnon followers at least 201 times, according to an analysis by Media Matters.

Get used to making excuses for them because the R's have invited the residents to take over the asylum. Should be fun to watch.
... until someone loses an eye.

Or a country.

Last edited:
They aren't rioting and looting like the other side's base, so that is at least something.

The other side's "base" isn't rioting and looting.

There is nowhere near as much rioting and looting as y'all have been led to believe there is either.

The other side's "base" isn't rioting and looting.

There is nowhere near as much rioting and looting as y'all have been led to believe there is either.

So as long as only part of the base is looting and rioting instead of all of it, they don't count in your world, huh?

So as long as only part of the base is looting and rioting instead of all of it, they don't count in your world, huh?

That is not what I said

It is quite sad that all y'all got at this point is words you try to put in our mouths.

You have been provided an inaccurate picture of what is happening. You think all of the protests are actually riots. Which is simply not the case. The vast majority of the property damage y'all decry is actually just graffiti. The unrest in Portland is limited to a twelve block area, only at night, in a city of 146 square miles.

I know you're all worked up. But you are overreacting to the reality of the situation.

Because that's what trump needs you to do if he's gonna have a chance at reelection.

But the evidence is all over the internet. Replete with photos and videos of pristine city streets where mothers still take their kids for ice cream a block or two away from where **** gets rowdy at night. Don't take my word for it. Look for yourself.

Or don't. But don't expect to be taken seriously with your nonsense.

That is not what I said

It is quite sad that all y'all got at this point is words you try to put in our mouths.

You have been provided an inaccurate picture of what is happening. You think all of the protests are actually riots. Which is simply not the case. The vast majority of the property damage y'all decry is actually just graffiti. The unrest in Portland is limited to a twelve block area, only at night, in a city of 146 square miles.

I know you're all worked up. But you are overreacting to the reality of the situation.

Because that's what trump needs you to do if he's gonna have a chance at reelection.

But the evidence is all over the internet. Replete with photos and videos of pristine city streets where mothers still take their kids for ice cream a block or two away from where **** gets rowdy at night. Don't take my word for it. Look for yourself.

Or don't. But don't expect to be taken seriously with your nonsense.

That and well over 90% of protests are considered peaceful. Even within that vast minority, generally its minor occurrences or police overreacting.

The only new thing about Qanon is the name. The actions show that they are the same mentally unstable assholes from before, waiting for the GOP to come white knight their anger with white lies.
Until the accidental election of Donald Trump I was bemused by the fringy nutjobs that occupy the parties. (The Dems have them too, but they are not so prevalent or malevolent.) But that event crystallized something that had been knocking around in the back of my mind where the worry resides. I realized, first, that there are more of them than I liked to believe, and that they are abetted by too many "similarly minded". It's why Tom Nichols penned This Republican Party Is Not Worth Saving (Atlantic, subscription).

When the Nazi party came to power, it was a magnet for every nutjob, malcontent, and misanthrope in society. The same with Mao and Lennon and Pol Pot. None represented the majority of their society, yet they took control of the machinery and wrecked havoc on the world. This is an echo of that process. Like their anticommunist and tea party forebears, Qanon has found a home in the GOP which, in its desperation for relevance embraces truly dangerous ideologies, and is full of petty malignancies - white nationalists, rank misogynists, autocraphiles, faux-libertarians, evangelical pseudo-Christians. It's a big tent, indeed.

As a society we need to bring the tent down on them or face the sharp ends of their bayonets. It's a malignancy that has metastasized, and if we don't cut it out and chemo it into oblivion it will kill us all. We need to bring it into the light and destroy it in detail. That is, if we believe that "this is America. ... And here, right matters."

Last edited:

I dont think Q-anon is the stage of rebranding. Its been there with twump the entire time.

Do you think Bush 41 and McCain were executed by military tribunals, the moon landing was a hoax and Michelle Obama is a man? That's some of the crap QAnon is pushing.

Q is the owner of 8chan, go figure.

That and well over 90% of protests are considered peaceful. Even within that vast minority, generally its minor occurrences or police overreacting.

Yes.

And it is dangerous as he'll that their media is doing this.

This is literally fake news.

The media did a similar thing to the original Occupy protest. I watched it on regular media and Free Speech TV. And it was like they were reporting on entirely different events. Pretending to not understand things like the Speakers Chorus. When FSTV did a whole segment on the volunteers whose job it was to explain it to anybody who didn't seem to get it. Going on and on about how theyh had no plan, just complaints. When their stated goal was to open a dialogue to try to identify our problems through a process of trying to listen to each other.

But that can be explained by a for profit media. And it just got the movement marginalized.

This current nonsense could easily lead to violence on a large scale. Look at how many people here who usually appear to be at least tenuously connected to consensus reality who have bought this "BLM is destoying American cities" crap whole.

Another great one right now is the Portland shooting. It is being portrayed as an assault on a innocent counterprotester by some random antifa monster (because that's what they do, ya know). Problem is the first guy was Patriot Prayer and the shooter Portland antifa. And those two groups have been coming together to fight at every protest in Portland for years. How exactly did the PP guys know who to call to threaten at 8am the next morning if it was jusg some random guy?

We all need to hammer this as hard as possible. It is both dangerous to our society and a great opportunity to make them see they have been lied to.

Yes.

And it is dangerous as he'll that their media is doing this.

This is literally fake news.

The media did a similar thing to the original Occupy protest. I watched it on regular media and Free Speech TV. And it was like they were reporting on entirely different events. Pretending to not understand things like the Speakers Chorus. When FSTV did a whole segment on the volunteers whose job it was to explain it to anybody who didn't seem to get it. Going on and on about how theyh had no plan, just complaints. When their stated goal was to open a dialogue to try to identify our problems through a process of trying to listen to each other.

But that can be explained by a for profit media. And it just got the movement marginalized.

This current nonsense could easily lead to violence on a large scale. Look at how many people here who usually appear to be at least tenuously connected to consensus reality who have bought this "BLM is destoying American cities" crap whole.

Another great one right now is the Portland shooting. It is being portrayed as an assault on a innocent counterprotester by some random antifa monster (because that's what they do, ya know). Problem is the first guy was Patriot Prayer and the shooter Portland antifa. And those two groups have been coming together to fight at every protest in Portland for years. How exactly did the PP guys know who to call to threaten at 8am the next morning if it was jusg some random guy?

We all need to hammer this as hard as possible. It is both dangerous to our society and a great opportunity to make them see they have been lied to.

The fact of the matter is that the conservative bitch when there is a peaceful demonstration like with Kapernick and they bitch if there is anything else. They are just gonna bitch.

Until the accidental election of Donald Trump I was bemused by the fringy nutjobs that occupy the parties. (The Dems have them too, but they are not so prevalent or malevolent.) But that event crystallized something that had been knocking around in the back of my mind where the worry resides. I realized, first, that there are more of them than I liked to believe, and that they are abetted by too many "similarly minded". It's why Tom Nichols penned This Republican Party Is Not Worth Saving (Atlantic, subscription).

When the Nazi party came to power, it was a magnet for every nutjob, malcontent, and misanthrope in society. The same with Mao and Lennon and Pol Pot. None represented the majority of their society, yet they took control of the machinery and wrecked havoc on the world. This is an echo of that process. Like their anticommunist and tea party forebears, Qanon has found a home in the GOP which, in its desperation for relevance embraces truly dangerous ideologies, and is full of petty malignancies - white nationalists, rank misogynists, autocraphiles, faux-libertarians, evangelical pseudo-Christians. It's a big tent, indeed.

As a society we need to bring the tent down on them or face the sharp ends of their bayonets. It's a malignancy that has metastasized, and if we don't cut it out and chemo it into oblivion it will kill us all. We need to bring it into the light and destroy it in detail. That is, if we believe that "this is America. ... And here, right matters."
ROFL. I just noticed my autocorrupt changed Lenin to Lennon.

ROFL. I just noticed my autocorrupt changed Lenin to Lennon.

Unless "autocorrupt" was intentional, that's not the only thing it did.

Back
Top Bottom