• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The replacement theory is a lot older than many n might think

independentusa

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
We know that the so called replacement theory is over a hundred years old and it is always that whites in this country will be replaced by inferior people of color. It has lead to violence when ever it rears its ugly head. What I find interesting about the latest reincarnation is the push by Tucker Carlson and some of the GOP leadership. These same people are now saying although they pushed the idea again and again, they can not be responsible for those who are influenced by their preaching about replacement theory and take violent action. Everyone will have to decide for themselves if they believe tha those who presently pushed the idea are in anyway responsible for the deaths in Buffalo .

If you wait long enough, any old garbage will come back into style.

We know that the so called replacement theory is over a hundred years old and it is always that whites in this country will be replaced by inferior people of color. It has lead to violence when ever it rears its ugly head. What I find interesting about the latest reincarnation is the push by Tucker Carlson and some of the GOP leadership. These same people are now saying although they pushed the idea again and again, they can not be responsible for those who are influenced by their preaching about replacement theory and take violent action. Everyone will have to decide for themselves if they believe tha those who presently pushed the idea are in anyway responsible for the deaths in Buffalo .
well, this isn't helping you.

If you want to debunk replacement theorists, the best thing to do is to not engage in replacement. crack down on illegal immigration, make it harder to immigrate here. etc.

The saving grace here is that immigrants are waking up to the fact that more immigration affects them far more than some random racist in idaho, so many are turning away from the democrat party over time.

population-change.jpg

If you want to debunk replacement theorists, the best thing to do is to not engage in replacement. crack down on illegal immigration, make it harder to immigrate here. etc.

The saving grace here is that immigrants are waking up to the fact that more immigration affects them far more than some random racist in idaho, so many are turning away from the democrat party over time.

View attachment 67391413
If racism is dead in America and there are no disadvantages to being a minority, as many on the right claim, why would you be worried about being a minority in America? Are you afraid it's not all its cracked up to be?

If racism is dead in America...
which no one is saying.

and there are no disadvantages to being a minority
I wouldn't say that either. There's a disadvantages to being any kind of person or social category, unless is it's "super rich" or something.
, as many on the right claim, why would you be worried about being a minority in America?i'm Are you afraid it's not all its cracked up to be?
I'm already a minority lol I'm not worried about that, I'm worried about what kind of minorities we have. If whites were being replaced with african americans, at least we could say that they are americans, and whatever problems their communities are dealing with are distinctly american problems, regardless of their status.

instead, it's mainly immigrants from Mexico, latin america, and the occasional refugee from the middle east; and with that, we're importing all their problems. Now, I don't necessarily mind this if they were willing to assimilate, but many of the immigrants we import have more allegiance to their home countries than to here....or worse, no allegiance at all, and truly act rogue. We have no ability to assimilate them because they don't come here to assimilate, they don't come here to be americans.

which no one is saying.

I wouldn't say that either. There's a disadvantages to being any kind of person or social category, unless is it's "super rich" or something.

I'm already a minority lol I'm not worried about that, I'm worried about what kind of minorities we have. If whites were being replaced with african americans, at least we could say that they are americans, and whatever problems their communities are dealing with are distinctly american problems, regardless of their status.

instead, it's mainly immigrants from Mexico, latin america, and the occasional refugee from the middle east; and with that, we're importing all their problems. Now, I don't necessarily mind this if they were willing to assimilate, but many of the immigrants we import have more allegiance to their home countries than to here....or worse, no allegiance at all, and truly act rogue. We have no ability to assimilate them because they don't come here to assimilate, they don't come here to be americans.
You've doubled down on the racism by claiming all immigrants don't want to assimilate and have bad intentions. Your irrational hatred it showing. Yes, many of your compadres on the right scream about how there is no disadvantage to being a racial minority in America, but are simultaneously terrified of being a racial minority in America. Nobody gives a **** about the feelings of racists.

You've doubled down on the racism by claiming all immigrants don't want to assimilate and have bad intentions.
I distinctly separated between immigrants who wish to assimilate, from those who dont. Your failure to see the difference exposes racism on your part. I want immigrants with good ideas and good character to come here. You think immigrants with bad character should be treated the same way, and that's racism, because not all immigrants are the same.
Your irrational hatred it showing. Yes, many of your compadres on the right scream about how there is no disadvantage to being a racial minority in America, but are simultaneously terrified of being a racial minority in America. Nobody gives a **** about the feelings of racists.
again, I'm a minority. More immigrants aren't going to make me more of a minority lol

what they will do is colonize the place and divide it. Nope, not going to let it happen. My parents come here to unify with the country, not divide it. We are not the same. We are true immigrants, they are colonizers.

A bit of digging will disclose the percent of babies born in the US in recent years by race. Extrapolating the trend isn't all that difficult.

All we need do is wait and see what happens. The present palaver is immaterial in the face of the data.

Regards, stay safe 'n well . . . 'n remember the Big 5.

The real argument is who is allowed to talk about demographic change and how they are allowed to talk about the implications of those changes.

With all due respect, no Caucasian should be upset with the current demographic changes.

I am not very smart, but even I realize that the future of this nation was decided when the colonists decided to force people from a faraway continent to come here to labor for free in 1619.

So all this nonsense talk about replacement should stop.

As New York's governor has suggested, the Internet should ban any discussion of this topic.

With all due respect, no Caucasian should be upset with the current demographic changes.

I am not very smart, but even I realize that the future of this nation was decided when the colonists decided to force people from a faraway continent to come here to labor for free in 1619.

So all this nonsense talk about replacement should stop.

As New York's governor has suggested, the Internet should ban any discussion of this topic.

Hi, The Parser,

There are really two topics here.

The first is the slow demographic changes taking place in the United States of America. These are supported by factual data. Logical extrapolations of these trends and how they may change some areas of our society is a fully acceptable form of discourse and discussion. We would do well to pay attention to our professional sociologists.

The second is the 'replacement' conspiracy theory. It's just another instance of one political group attempting to tar and feather another group. It's risible, and should be seen as that. As a springboard for discussions about the meanness of our present political situation, it bears mention. We would do well to pay no attention to one political party accusing another of intentions based upon unsupported conspiracy theories.

Regards, stay safe 'n well 'n remember the Big 5.

hear-no-evil-see-no-evil-speak-no-evil-G38DTX.jpg

View attachment 67391413
Nope, the best way to debunk replacement theorists is to point out their white supremacist views and shame them for it.

View attachment 67391413

"Replacement" is as American as apple pie and as old as the founding fathers of this country. The original folks were protestant Englishmen. Now that demographic is less than 12% of the population. We had wave after wave of Germans, Catholics, Irish, Poles, Italians, Jews, Chinese, etc, etc... and that's how this country was built.

"America was indebted to immigration for her settlement and prosperity. That part of America which had encouraged them most had advanced most rapidly in population, agriculture and the arts."
-James Madison

“I had always hoped that this land might become a safe and agreeable asylum to the virtuous and persecuted part of mankind, to whatever nation they might belong.”
-George Washington

Nope, the best way to debunk replacement theorists is to point out their white supremacist views and shame them for it.
shame doesn't work if it's actually happening. You have to show that it's not happening at all.

"Replacement" is as American as apple pie and as old as the founding fathers of this country. The original folks were protestant Englishmen. Now that demographic is less than 12% of the population. We had wave after wave of Germans, Catholics, Irish, Poles, Italians, Jews, Chinese, etc, etc... and that's how this country was built.

"America was indebted to immigration for her settlement and prosperity. That part of America which had encouraged them most had advanced most rapidly in population, agriculture and the arts."
-James Madison

“I had always hoped that this land might become a safe and agreeable asylum to the virtuous and persecuted part of mankind, to whatever nation they might belong.”
-George Washington
previous population assimilated and became american. How are people who still carry the mexican flag, and hold by the mexican identity, going to assimilate?

They're not. They have to drop their old identities first. That is the real issue, but you'd rather talk about skin color because 1)it requires no real effort on your part, and 2) lets you feel better about yourself knowing you have some invented virtue over the hated "trump supporters".

Repubs have been like that going all the way back to the early days of Rush Limbaugh. They preach violence and then when it actually balances, they rush to claim no responsibility. Total hypocritical ***holes. It happens over and over an over. Like Trump had no responsibility regarding for the events of Jan 6 even though he had been fomenting it for two solid months.

ANOTHER thread about this "replacement theory?"

I don't think this is what most people are concerned about when it comes to immigration and naturalization these days.

IMO it is more about flooding the nation with people who either know nothing about the ideals and beliefs which founded this nation, or simply seek a place to succeed economically while merely transplanting/replacing our cultural foundations with their own. The sole purpose of those pushing for this "unrestricted flood" is the idea of retaining political power.

IMO most (if not all) American's are concerned with the economic impact of unrestricted immigration on their own lives/livelihoods. More people competing for fewer jobs.

I personally don't care where people come from. I only care about how unrestricted immigration affects both our economy AND our foundational ideals.

If racism is dead in America and there are no disadvantages to being a minority, as many on the right claim, why would you be worried about being a minority in America? Are you afraid it's not all its cracked up to be?
Good point. Why should anyone care about whites or any group diminishing? The link below notes changes since 1967, ironically the same year that "Guess Who's Coming to Dinner" was released. In time, we'll all be more or less the same color. Second link is for you kids too young to remember the film.

shame doesn't work if it's actually happening. You have to show that it's not happening at all.
I disagree. That fact is readily apparent now.

I wish my childhood church hadn't taught us that we're all God's children.

ANOTHER thread about this "replacement theory?"

I don't think this is what most people are concerned about when it comes to immigration and naturalization these days.

IMO it is more about flooding the nation with people who either know nothing about the ideals and beliefs which founded this nation, or simply seek a place to succeed economically while merely transplanting/replacing our cultural foundations with their own. The sole purpose of those pushing for this "unrestricted flood" is the idea of retaining political power.

IMO most (if not all) American's are concerned with the economic impact of unrestricted immigration on their own lives/livelihoods. More people competing for fewer jobs.

I personally don't care where people come from. I only care about how unrestricted immigration affects both our economy AND our foundational ideals.
Just asking, what do you think are our foundational ideals? The reason I ask is that those who believe in the replacement theory believe that our "foundational ideals" are based on white Christians.

Just asking, what do you think are our foundational ideals? The reason I ask is that those who believe in the replacement theory believe that our "foundational ideals" are based on white Christians.

Did you miss my response in the OTHER thread on this topic?

Here:

I disagree. That fact is readily apparent now.
so when anderson cooper says it's an "exciting time" that whites will be a minority....what is he celebrating if it doesn't exist? Do you think anderson cooper is just a moron who celebrates a nonexistent white replacement theory? Will you condemn such a person having a credible voice in mainstream dialogue?

Back
Top Bottom