• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The reason the want to take your guns

I agree with all of that-including Democrats won't TAKE guns. But in several states, like NY, California, NJ, CT, Hawaii and Maryland, Democrats have made it a serious hassle to buy or own guns. And they want to expand that

Some states I won't live in

Me neither but I want my friends not to be harassed with Democrat bullshit.

I am not sure why city people are so afraid of guns.

We need to invite them out to the gun range and let them see how much fun it is. After they are introduced to shooting maybe we could change their minds a little

I am a democrat and a gun lover.

I have owned fully automatic weapons. They really aren't very practical but lots of fun to shoot. You go through a lot of expensive ammo very quickly. That is why the military likes the 3 round burst feature. Wouldn't be my choice in a SHTF situation. 12 30 round mags won't last long and they are heavy as hell.

I am not worried about the democrats taking my guns. Clinton didn't Obama didn't and I am sure Biden won't.

Gun control laws are stupid laws. We have plenty of them on the books now that aren't being enforced. Only people who follow the law are us law abiding citizens. Police all over this country know where the crime is and who the criminals are. They just don't really want to deal with it. Tie up the courts and house a bunch more scumbags.

If they legalized drugs and took that profit center away from the gangs they would collapse like the bootleggers of prohibition taking all that associated crime with them.
Its not just that the violent criminals clog the courts...its that the courts and the leftists in this country pat them on the ass and send them back into their communities to kill more people.

Lack of an illegal drug trade will not stop gangs. like organized crime, they just find new ways to make money. The onyl way to stop gangs and gang violence is to use RICO laws on the gangs and hit them with massive sentences AND to build a viable economic base in impoverished communities. That requires a serious investment of resources.

Its not just that the violent criminals clog the courts...its that the courts and the leftists in this country pat them on the ass and send them back into their communities to kill more people.

Lack of an illegal drug trade will not stop gangs. like organized crime, they just find new ways to make money. The onyl way to stop gangs and gang violence is to use RICO laws on the gangs and hit them with massive sentences AND to build a viable economic base in impoverished communities. That requires a serious investment of resources.

Cops know who and where they are. Why don't they lock them up

Cops know who and where they are. Why don't they lock them up
Because they are back on the street with a slap on their wrist before the cops can finish the paperwork.

Every time some say completes form 4473 and is DENIED a gun purchase it is almost ALWAYS because they LIED on the form. Yet, almost none are prosecuted for federal perjury. Democrats-want to cut down on felons with guns-rather than harassing honest gun owners? Demand enforcement of this provision of the law along with going after the other form of perjury on Form 4473-straw buyers. And support efforts to make FELONS caught packing firearms prosecuted by the US Attorney under the federal law rather than state codes

I am not sure why city people are so afraid of guns.

We need to invite them out to the gun range and let them see how much fun it is. After they are introduced to shooting maybe we could change their minds a little
Name that very large city with lax gun laws

Name that very large city with lax gun laws

Well I am from georgia and Atlanta doesn't have any special gun laws. In georgia if you have a pistol license you can carry it any way you want

Glad I don't live in the north east or California

Well I am from georgia and Atlanta doesn't have any special gun laws. In georgia if you have a pistol license you can carry it any way you want

Hopefully federal courts need to slap down more of the California nonsense and the New England states like CT and Mass.

The same Atlanta where police got an illegal search warrant, broke into an elderly ladies home, then when she pointed a gun at them(they weren't obviously cops as they were in plain clothes and did not shout police) and they shot her for defending her home? That Atlanta? Oh, that is right, she is black...so her 2nd amendment and 4th amendment rights are not important...and then they proceeded to plant drugs in her home...and some people, not from the area believed it, until one of the officers caved and confessed that they had planted evidence and lied to get the warrant....because she had a security camera.

The same Atlanta where police got an illegal search warrant, broke into an elderly ladies home, then when she pointed a gun at them(they weren't obviously cops as they were in plain clothes and did not shout police) and they shot her for defending her home? That Atlanta? Oh, that is right, she is black...so her 2nd amendment and 4th amendment rights are not important...and then they proceeded to plant drugs in her home...and some people, not from the area believed it, until one of the officers caved and confessed that they had planted evidence and lied to get the warrant....because she had a security camera.
what does that have to do with his comment? It is hilarious what we see from anti gun advocates

1) they don't trust honest citizens to own guns-or at least not to own lots of types of guns

2) they trust the police to own firearms that they don't want us to own

3) yet they constantly complain about rogue cops and try to insinuate those rogue cops are representative of many or most police.

what does that have to do with his comment? It is hilarious what we see from anti gun advocates

1) they don't trust honest citizens to own guns-or at least not to own lots of types of guns

2) they trust the police to own firearms that they don't want us to own

3) yet they constantly complain about rogue cops and try to insinuate those rogue cops are representative of many or most police.
It shows that only some people seem to think they have full rights, but evidently you do not...would you not say that if a police officer breaks into your home with an illegal warrant and then kills you for defending your home that he committed a crime? If you shoot him and kill him, is it a crime?

It shows that only some people seem to think they have full rights, but evidently you do not...would you not say that if a police officer breaks into your home with an illegal warrant and then kills you for defending your home that he committed a crime? If you shoot him and kill him, is it a crime?
what exactly does that have to do with this thread?

1) I oppose no-knock warrants except in the rarest of circumstances -such as a hostage situation

2) If a cop has an "illegal warrant" I don't know if the police officer is guilty, or if his superior is guilty, or if the magistrate/judge is guilty, or a witness is guilty.

3) there are tragic situations where a homeowner is justified in shooting at someone breaking into his home and the police are also justified in shooting back. They are rare but it happens

Back
Top Bottom