• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The question I would ask Barrett if I was in the Senate

independentusa

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
I would simply ask if her religion or the constitution would be the deciding factor in questions coming before the SCOTUS. Why should her religion be at question, because she is very, very religious and the religious group she belongs to wants the country to be a Christian State in the same way Israel is a Jewish state. So would her aim be to move the country in that direction even though it violates the first amendment. Would she decide other questions based on her religious beliefs? Of course it seems that the right today cares for nothing in our constitution except the second Amendment. If she answers this question that she would make her decisions based on the constitution and then is found to have been less than truthful, well we will then see.

A deft inquirer can ask the relevant questions while not making a big issue of religion. Then again, we are talking about Senate Judiciary.....now the laughing stock of The Hill, both sides.

Then again Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee could be the laughing stock at the moment.

Last edited:
I would simply ask if her religion or the constitution would be the deciding factor in questions coming before the SCOTUS. Why should her religion be at question, because she is very, very religious and the religious group she belongs to wants the country to be a Christian State in the same way Israel is a Jewish state. So would her aim be to move the country in that direction even though it violates the first amendment. Would she decide other questions based on her religious beliefs? Of course it seems that the right today cares for nothing in our constitution except the second Amendment. If she answers this question that she would make her decisions based on the constitution and then is found to have been less than truthful, well we will then see.

I would simply ask, "Do you consider yourself to be a handmaid and do you see that as a central goal for the future of American women?"

And the “wise latina ” is not race bias at all, ya right. Racist from the get/go. You have no problem with that.

Barrett should come out and say, “as a wise Caucasian”, just to troll you communist.

You are woefully misinformed about the Catholic faith, and Article VI of the United States Constitution.

You want to ask Barrett a real question? Ask her if she had or has left or would leave any male child of hers alone with Father "Pull Down your Pants Son".

So you would openly violate federal law to interrogate her on your religious beliefs, which is strictly prohibited. But, then, the Democratic Party and many Democrats totally despise the rule of law, the Constitution and the BIll Of Rights. Many to most Democrats now are bigots against Christians, just like many to most are more racist than when the Democratic Party went to war against the USA trying to create their own slave nation.

I would simply ask, "Do you consider yourself to be a handmaid and do you see that as a central goal for the future of American women?"

In other words you would ask a question not the least bit relevant to the position of Associate Justice of the Supreme Court.

You want to ask Barrett a real question? Ask her if she had or has left or would leave any male child of hers alone with Father "Pull Down your Pants Son".
When I was told that by my father, it was for a spanking, I have never been in jail. When I screwed up, it hurt.

You are woefully misinformed about the Catholic faith, and Article VI of the United States Constitution.
Actually I know all about the Catholic faith having been one since my birth and I am Trustee of my church. BUt she is not just a Catholic, she belongs to an off shoot called "People of Praise" . It is one of those far out groups that most Catholics that know about them think they are loony toons. They believe that the husband rules the family and that our country ought to be a Christian State similar to the State of Israel being a Jewish state. There is nothing in Article VI that says you can not ask a person who is going to decide what our constitution means about how their religion would effect those decisions, NOTHING. It says you can not require a person to be a certain religion to hold office. Read it again!!!!!!

And the “wise latina ” is not race bias at all, ya right. Racist from the get/go. You have no problem with that.

Barrett should come out and say, “as a wise Caucasian”, just to troll you communist.
Sorry, that you wrote is so badly written I did not understand what the hell you were writing about. What the hell does anything I wrote have to do with race? Get off your talking points and make a real message with some sense.

So you would openly violate federal law to interrogate her on your religious beliefs, which is strictly prohibited. But, then, the Democratic Party and many Democrats totally despise the rule of law, the Constitution and the BIll Of Rights. Many to most Democrats now are bigots against Christians, just like many to most are more racist than when the Democratic Party went to war against the USA trying to create their own slave nation.
What law prohibits the people from questioning on how her beliefs religious or otherwise, would effect her decision? Please provide a link?

Actually I know all about the Catholic faith having been one since my birth and I am Trustee of my church. BUt she is not just a Catholic, she belongs to an off shoot called "People of Praise" . It is one of those far out groups that most Catholics that know about them think they are loony toons. They believe that the husband rules the family and that our country ought to be a Christian State similar to the State of Israel being a Jewish state. There is nothing in Article VI that says you can not ask a person who is going to decide what our constitution means about how their religion would effect those decisions, NOTHING. It says you can not require a person to be a certain religion to hold office. Read it again!!!!!!
Try reading it yourself. It says no one can be denied any position in government due to the person's religious beliefs - which is EXACTLY why you claim she should be denied confirmation.
Atheists believe the Founding Fathers were all liars in their Declaration of Independence. Clearly, then on your language atheists are rabidly anti-American "loony toons" who want the same atheistic state and mass murder and Mao and Stalin.

I wish this thread was better.

Unfortunately, the Democrats here used this thread to ask Barrett insulting and unintelligent "questions".

Truthfully, the Democrats do not want to ask Barrett questions. She's a sharp minded ninja and would make them look even more foolish than they already presently do.

"No religious test shall ever be required as a qualification to any office or public trust under the United States" means a person may not be interrogated about their religious beliefs.

Asking a nominee if their religious beliefs are consistent with the ideology/dogma of a politician is exactly a religious test. The moment there is ANY question about her religious beliefs, that member of Congress is pissing on their oath of office. They can ask about her rulings and writings in the past. They may NOT ask any questions about her religious beliefs. Period.

Kennedy was a Catholic and I recall how worried they were. Scalia and i believe also Sotomayor is a CAtholic.

There's no point asking her any questions. The Republican nominees are trained for the hearings, to give answers that get through them, it doesn't matter if they're lies or misleading or talking points. She is a radical and plutocrat, and serves their political agenda, and that's all there is to know. The only issue is trying to block her confirmation, which probably can't be done, not ask her questions and get lied to.

There is no requirement imposed no matter what the religion is. One can be a jew if one wants to be one. Romney is a mormon. kennedy was a Catholic.

Back
Top Bottom