• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Pot Calls The Kettle Black

SkyChief

USN Veteran
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian
It's something that is happening more and more often as Joe's brain deteriorates. Dementia is typically degenerative, and worsens over time.

Biden's odd comments and jibber-jabber reveals how little time he has left to serve as POTUS. A couple days ago Biden was speaking at a fundraiser in California. He said the oddest thing:

"I've been a senator since ‘72. I've served with real racists. I've served with Strom Thurmond. I've served with all these guys that have set terrible records on race. But guess what? These guys [Republicans] are worse. These guys do not believe in basic democratic principles."

Joe Biden is accusing someone else of being a racist. (Pause for laughter to subside)

Democrats should remind Joe Biden who the Racist-In-Chief actually is. Biden's memory is failing, and getting worse. It's hard to watch, and Americans know what needs to be done.

It's something that is happening more and more often as Joe's brain deteriorates. Dementia is typically degenerative, and worsens over time.

Biden's odd comments and jibber-jabber reveals how little time he has left to serve as POTUS. A couple days ago Biden was speaking at a fundraiser in California. He said the oddest thing:

"I've been a senator since ‘72. I've served with real racists. I've served with Strom Thurmond. I've served with all these guys that have set terrible records on race. But guess what? These guys [Republicans] are worse. These guys do not believe in basic democratic principles."

Joe Biden is accusing someone else of being a racist. (Pause for laughter to subside)

Democrats should remind Joe Biden who the Racist-In-Chief actually is. Biden's memory is failing, and getting worse. It's hard to watch, and Americans know what needs to be done.

He may be right. I don't believe the racists of the Strom Thurmond era pushed the racist Replacement Theory which is so popular with Republicans today.

They certainly do not believe in democratic principles.

Speaking of pots and kettles, this is one rambling, pointless post.

How quaint.
Joe's memory is failing = Joe is the Racist-In-Chief.

Makes perfectly good sense to me.

nah, not really, sounds like a lot of rambling actually.

Speaking of pots and kettles, this is one rambling, pointless post.
What a dumb argument. In fact, it's not even an argument really. . .

It's just dumb.

A good argument for you to make is that Joe Biden is not a racist, and that he is mentally and physically fit.

What a dumb argument. In fact, it's not even an argument really. . .
Argument? Argue with what? There's bugger-all to argue with in this post.
It's just dumb.
There's that pot-kettle thing again.
A good argument for you to make is that Joe Biden is not a racist, and that he is mentally and physically fit.
Why the hell would I try to change your opinion of Biden?
This isn't a discussion thread, it's you calling Biden names and wandering around babbling about Strom Thurmond and years in the Senate. Pointing a finger and saying 'dementia' in a post like this is that pot-kettle thing, again.

Argument? Argue with what? There's bugger-all to argue with in this post.

There's that pot-kettle thing again.

Why the hell would I try to change your opinion of Biden?
You shouldn't try that at all. I would never try to change yours.

The purpose of the thread is to show how Biden's mental acuity decline is worsening. the Pot/Kettle quote by him does that well, I think.
This isn't a discussion thread, it's you calling Biden names and wandering around babbling about Strom Thurmond and years in the Senate. Pointing a finger and saying 'dementia' in a post like this is that pot-kettle thing, again.
The Pot and the Kettle reference was in reference to Joe Biden (being a flaming racist himself) accusing others as being racist. Informed people know that he is, and ignorant people . . . well . . . ignore it.

Anyways the thread serves its purpose.

The purpose of the thread is to show how Biden's mental acuity decline is worsening. the Pot/Kettle quote by him does that well, I think.
How does this thread show Biden to be demented? Because he said racist Republicans today are worse than the racists like Strom Thurmond in the past?
The Pot and the Kettle reference was in reference to Joe Biden (being a flaming racist himself) accusing others as being racist. Informed people know that he is, and ignorant people . . . well . . . ignore it.

No such thing. It's just you name-calling.

It's something that is happening more and more often as Joe's brain deteriorates.
Sadly, that is true.

All Americans know that President Biden's mental acuity is not up to the level that is necessary for a president of the (current) most important nation in the world.

There is a chance that he will be reelected, but during the next four years, Dr. Biden will finally give in and agree to take her beloved husband home to enjoy a much deserved retirement with his family and Commander.

He may be right. I don't believe the racists of the Strom Thurmond era pushed the racist Replacement Theory which is so popular with Republicans today.

Hogwash.

Ignorance is bliss..

So let me factor this into my presidential viability calculator:

• Biden said racist things
  • Trump did racist things like deny housing to minorities in one of his properties.
  • Biden is not so sharp anymore
  • Trump is not so sharp anymore, and is an agent of chaos
  • Biden isn't grumpy
  • Trump is very grumpy
Nope, the case for Trump still stinks.

LOL. The situation at the border didn't exist back then. Your comment is like saying people didn't have these huge electric bills in 1850.

So let me factor this into my presidential viability calculator:

• Biden said racist things
  • Trump did racist things like deny housing to minorities in one of his properties.
  • Biden is not so sharp anymore
  • Trump is not so sharp anymore, and is an agent of chaos
  • Biden isn't grumpy
  • Trump is very grumpy
OOoooops. And there it is . . . . the Trump Card.

Sorry Chupa, you just LOST the argument.

This is fairly typical of what people on the left do when they're unable to formulate sensible argument: either they try the ad hominem attack (which always fails), OR they employ the lowly butwhataboutTrump argument which reveals that there is no actual argument.
Nope, the case for Trump still stinks.
You are the only one who mentioned Trump.

OOoooops. And there it is . . . . the Trump Card. 😆🤣

Sorry Chup, you just LOST the argument.

This is fairly typical of what people on the left do when they cannot formulate sensible argument: either they try the ad hominem attack, OR they employ the lowly butwhataboutTrump argument which reveals that there is no actual argument.

Playing the Trump card was a glorious failure on your part.

You are the only one who mentioned Trump.

HUGE Fail. 😄
Not really, because ultimately the context is the two people we have running for president. Now, if you were complaining about Biden as just a regular person, that would be an entirely different matter. However, since this is about measuring a person who is currently in office and seeking re-election, their qualities and detriments are in that context. If the Democrats put up another candidate, then this an entirely different conversation. The other thing to note, is you didn't present anything to debate other than make a comment about something he said.

So what conversation did you expect out of your OP? I'm not sure how I failed, given that you presented nothing to really debate. So should I just say this thread is "OOOO There's the Biden card!"
🤭

Not really, because ultimately the context is the two people we have running for president. Now, if you were complaining about Biden as just a regular person, that would be an entirely different matter. However, since this is about measuring a person who is currently in office and seeking re-election, their qualities and detriments are in that context. If the Democrats put up another candidate, then this an entirely different conversation. The other thing to note, is you didn't present anything to debate other than make a comment about something he said.

So what conversation did you expect out of your OP? I'm not sure how I failed, given that you presented nothing to really debate.
Nah.. you lost the argument. You played the butwhataboutTrump card.

You LOSE.

You're trying to convince me that you're NON-argument is actually an argument. It is NOT an argument. It's a substitute for an argument, and it fails abjectly. You're not going to rationalize your failure to argue sensibly.

This thread is specifically about what Joe Biden said about Republicans in Congress. It is NOT about comparisons between Biden and Trump.

Either you support what Biden said, or you feel it was stupid of him to accuse others of being a racist when in fact Joe Biden is notorious for his blatant racism. His mental acuity is declining. You can't hide it anymore.

Nah.. you lost the argument. You played the butwhataboutTrump card.

You LOSE.
:ROFLMAO:

You're trying to convince me that you're NON-argument is actually an argument. It is NOT an argument. It's a substitute for an argument, and it fails abjectly. You're not going to rationalize your failure to argue sensibly.
Not at all, and I guess I'll have to explain what I was responding to since you can't seem to extract it from the very post you made. So you ended your post with the following:

It's hard to watch, and Americans know what needs to be done.
Now I'll assume by this you're referring to the upcoming vote, which means they will be faced with the choice between Biden and Trump. In that decision, they will have to select between two old men in varying states of mental decline. If you meant something else, then that wasn't clear at all.

This thread is specifically about what Joe Biden said about Republicans in Congress. It is NOT about comparisons between Biden and Trump.

Either you support what Biden said, or you feel it was stupid of him to accuse others of being a racist when in fact Joe Biden is notorious for his blatant racism. His mental acuity is declining. You can't hide it anymore.
Except it was also about what needs to happen, based on your closing sentence that you now seem to be forgetting. Again, if you were suggesting what the "Americans know what needs to be done" means something than voting for someone else, then you should clarify.

confused-huh.gif

Not at all, and I guess I'll have to explain what I was responding to since you can't seem to extract it from the very post you made. So you ended your post with the following:

Now I'll assume by this you're referring to the upcoming vote, which means they will be faced with the choice between Biden and Trump.
NO. That is YOUR assumption. Don't project your assumptions onto other people, and then use that as rationalization to support your views. That is a classic example of a Straw Man argument. You insert your own flawed premise, and pretend that your own flawed premise was originated by your opponent.

In that decision, they will have to select between two old men in varying states of mental decline. If you meant something else, then that wasn't clear at all.
You don't know that. You're speculating.
Except it was also about what needs to happen, based on your closing sentence that you now seem to be forgetting. Again, if you were suggesting what the "Americans know what needs to be done" means something than voting for someone else, then you should clarify.
Straw-man nonsense.

Your butwhataboutTrump argument failed. (that's a red herring argument).

NO. That is YOUR assumption. Don't project your assumptions onto other people, and then use that as rationalization to support your views. That is a classic example of a Straw Man argument. You insert your own flawed premise, and pretend that your own flawed premise was originated by your opponent.
Well, then here's your opportunity to clarify what you meant by "Americans know what to do". I can only go by what you wrote, and gave you the benefit of the doubt that you meant voting him out of office, since it's the only legal action Americans can take against a political candidate.

You don't know that. You're speculating.
Sure, but it's a pretty safe bet based on the current political situation. Is it possible Biden drops out or Trump loses to Haley? Sure. Does that seem likely? Not so much.

Straw-man nonsense.

Your butwhataboutTrump argument failed. (that's a red herring argument).
So are you going to continue dodging what you meant by "Americans know what to do"? That's what prompted my response, yet you haven't addressed that portion of your comment.

. . . are you going to continue dodging what you meant by "Americans know what to do"? That's what prompted my response, yet you haven't addressed that portion of your comment.
I'm not dodging anything. You made a false assumption with my sentence "Americans know what to do". You assumed that I meant they should vote for Trump, and that's why you played the butwhataboutTrump card. I did NOT mean that Americans should vote for Trump. That is YOUR false assumption, and I don't need to defend what I said or what I meant.

If you can't figure it out, then that's YOUR problem - not mine.

And this means exactly what?

I'm not dodging anything. You made a false assumption with my sentence "Americans know what to do". You assumed that I meant they should vote for Trump, and that's why you played the butwhataboutTrump card. I did NOT mean that Americans should vote for Trump. That is YOUR false assumption, and I don't need to defend what I said or what I meant.

If you can't figure it out, then that's YOUR problem - not mine.
You clearly are, since even in this response you gave not clarified what you meant by "Americans know what needs to be done", and it would be weird to say you don't have a need to defend what you said since you haven't even clarified it. If you prefer to be intentionally vague, then so be it, but I responded based on how I interpreted your vague comment, and based on the action Americans can take to change leadership.

Back
Top Bottom