• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Political Right Must Support its Existing Media Outlets!

😂 Sorry but Twump’s attack on the media was just as disingenuous as lugenpresse.

Trump exposed the media & everyone knows it.

The term FAKE NEWS is here to stay.

No bigger loser in the past 4 years than the MSM.

Just look at how Trump exposed that fraud Leslie Stahl.

Right! And that being applicable to either the leftwing or the rightwing.
It's in the meaning of what 'wing' means.
But we can take it a step further. If Breitbart or Stormfront became popular then they would no longer be able to cater to the 'wings'. They could cater to the right, as Fox News did, and then they would be forced to betray the 'wings' that made them popular.

The rightist media in America has every bit of opportunity to become as hugely popular as the existing large MSM outlets.
But when they do, they will need to betray the 'wings' and cater to the mainstream.

Fox News serves as an example of how a large and successful media outlet had to abandon it' extremism, except on it's frivolous entertainment section.

Chris Matthews became a traitor to the wingers, but became a symbol of Fox New at the same time.

The point being, this is proof that it's not an issue of free speech, it's an issue of remaining acceptable to a large audience.
There's no sense in the extreme right whining and complaining about media censoring their political views. Those MSM sites are FREE to tell the story the way they see fit. Period!

The right has it's own media sources such as Breitbart, Oann, Newsmax, Stormfront, and many more that won't be making any compromises with the commie left! The political right must give those sites their undivided attention to make them as big as MSNBC, CBS, ABC, etc. Even Fox News can be made into an extreme right news outlet again if the right has the determination of supporting rightist views. They only live and thrive by their advertising.

And as an example, OANN is constantly appealing to the extreme rightists in America to help make them great.

It's as simple as the extreme right just ignoring the extreme left's big MSM outlets and only tuning in to the new media sources that sympathize with Trump's cause.

One positive first step would be in asking this site to accept the right's media outlets as Mainstream!
I doubt the TDS’ers ever will. Everything they learn from the right costs them a belief of something from the left. But I don’t believe everyone is as radical as they claim. Most are just keyboard crushers

Regarding the “disqualifying” news outlets: it is just an a way to de humanize the other sides beliefs. They don’t seem to see the humor behind “If you believe shit, you are shit”.

The we have cultist, racist, racist, TDS’er, and in and on, is the effort to de humanize those who’s beliefs you disagree with.

And.... the nexus of of this is “inaccurate reporting“ with a motive.

One of the first victims in fascist movements is the media. Fascist leaders need control of the national narrative and the truth gets in the way of that. The fascist leader relies on lies about supposed humiliation of the dominant element in society by immigrants, minorities, and leftists. Only allegiance to him and his party can deal with the problem. Trump Claims, 'I Alone Can Fix It' During the Republican National Convention

The problem that the media poses to fascist leaders is that truth levels power, as in "speaking truth to power." In a society that respects truth, a person with less power can point out that someone with more power is lying. This humiliates the person with the power. But if you destroy truth and make it just about power, that can't happen.

Truth and facts are the enemy of fascists. Trump labelling any uncomfortable facts "fake news" and calling the media "enemies of the people" was Trump's way of dealing with that.

One of the first victims in fascist movements is the media. Fascist leaders need control of the national narrative and the truth gets in the way of that. The fascist leader relies on lies about supposed humiliation of the dominant element in society by immigrants, minorities, and leftists. Only allegiance to him and his party can deal with the problem. Trump Claims, 'I Alone Can Fix It' During the Republican National Convention

The problem that the media poses to fascist leaders is that truth levels power, as in "speaking truth to power." In a society that respects truth, a person with less power can point out that someone with more power is lying. This humiliates the person with the power. But if you destroy truth and make it just about power, that can't happen.

Truth and facts are the enemy of fascists. Trump labelling any uncomfortable facts "fake news" and calling the media "enemies of the people" was Trump's way of dealing with that.
Well said, but I fear it will be lost on most of your audience.
It was truly a fascist attempt by Trump against America's democracy, even though it seemed to be quite childish and didn't have the resolve to see it through. A play revolution at best, without any examples in history that equalled the same sort of buffoonery.

If Trump turned to Breitbart, Oann, Newsmax, or Stormfront to get his message out to his supporters then he might make the chosen media outlet rich and powerful.
That made me laugh. If that ever happened it would signal the absolute bottom of the downward spiral.

I think now I'll neutralize your support of Stormfront by signing up for a subscription to Pravda. Do svidaniya!

That made me laugh. If that ever happened it would signal the absolute bottom of the downward spiral.

I think now I'll neutralize your support of Stormfront by signing up for a subscription to Pravda. Do svidaniya!
Both OANN and Newsmax are hedging their bets on continuing to support Trump now. The Trump agenda is too far out for them to pursue for very long. And they both have ambitions of breaking in to the slot that's open beside Fox News.
Fox understands that it needs to go more mainstream rightwing.
I would guess that Stormfront has gained a lot of populatiry during the Trump years.

There's no sense in the extreme right whining and complaining about media censoring their political views. Those MSM sites are FREE to tell the story the way they see fit. Period!

The right has it's own media sources such as Breitbart, Oann, Newsmax, Stormfront, and many more that won't be making any compromises with the commie left! The political right must give those sites their undivided attention to make them as big as MSNBC, CBS, ABC, etc. Even Fox News can be made into an extreme right news outlet again if the right has the determination of supporting rightist views. They only live and thrive by their advertising.

And as an example, OANN is constantly appealing to the extreme rightists in America to help make them great.

It's as simple as the extreme right just ignoring the extreme left's big MSM outlets and only tuning in to the new media sources that sympathize with Trump's cause.

One positive first step would be in asking this site to accept the right's media outlets as Mainstream!
nicely done, you managed to poke fun at both the left and the right. ;)

nicely done, you managed to poke fun at both the left and the right. ;)
Isn't that appropriate?
Americans must realize by now that their country has become a gongshow.

Biden 'might' have good intentions but America is wrapped up in sheer gridlock because of it's corrupt politicians on both sides that are bought and paid for. It's the only possible reason why they continue to suffer their rotting health care system.

Isn't that appropriate?
Americans must realize by now that their country has become a gongshow.

Biden 'might' have good intentions but America is wrapped up in sheer gridlock because of it's corrupt politicians on both sides that are bought and paid for. It's the only possible reason why they continue to suffer their rotting health care system.
Agreed, both sides have a lot to answer for, but I also don't believe there is an equivalency. The Right now is full of wackos who spout conspiracy theories, defend people like Marjorie Green but condemn people like Liz Cheney for voting her conscience. Sorry, I would NEVER have voted for someone like Trump if he came on the Cdn scene, would you have?

Reactions: jpn
If Trump turned to Breitbart, Oann, Newsmax, or Stormfront to get his message out to his supporters then he might make the chosen media outlet rich and powerful.
The GOP has been circling the drain for some time now:

30% of Republicans have 'favorable' view of QAnon conspiracy theory, YouGov poll finds

Agreed, both sides have a lot to answer for, but I also don't believe there is an equivalency. The Right now is full of wackos who spout conspiracy theories, defend people like Marjorie Green but condemn people like Liz Cheney for voting her conscience. Sorry, I would NEVER have voted for someone like Trump if he came on the Cdn scene, would you have?
Any abomination like Trump would never become popular in Canada. Trump is the representation of a general protest of the American people against their rotten lot in life that has been brought on by huge income inequality. Canada practices a 'socially' responsible style of capitalism which has made us the #1 country in the world for QUALITY OF LIFE.

America has fallen to 15th. but they've been propagandized into looking the other way and just waving a bigger flag and waving it harder, while singing the song!

Now they are in some serious trouble with the threat of their military being corrupted enough by Trump to stage a coup. Very serious!

Any abomination like Trump would never become popular in Canada. Trump is the representation of a general protest of the American people against their rotten lot in life that has been brought on by huge income inequality. Canada practices a 'socially' responsible style of capitalism which has made us the #1 country in the world for QUALITY OF LIFE.

America has fallen to 15th. but they've been propagandized into looking the other way and just waving a bigger flag and waving it harder, while singing the song!

Now they are in some serious trouble with the threat of their military being corrupted enough by Trump to stage a coup. Very serious!
AND very scary !

You lost me when you said stormfront, unless of course you were talking about your local weather.

Just look at how Trump exposed that fraud Leslie Stahl.

Fake news is anyone that disagrees with trump. Its why the nazis picked up the term lugenpresse. You dont impress me.

Fake news is anyone that disagrees with trump. Its why the nazis picked up the term lugenpresse. You dont impress me.
they always go MSM, forgetting Fox is part of the MSM
they go FAKE NEW, when all the mediabias factchecking sites have found the far right news outlets to be fake and hyper-partisan
BUT they don't want to hear that because fake news is just news they don't want to hear,

Both OANN and Newsmax are hedging their bets on continuing to support Trump now. The Trump agenda is too far out for them to pursue for very long. And they both have ambitions of breaking in to the slot that's open beside Fox News.
Fox understands that it needs to go more mainstream rightwing.
I would guess that Stormfront has gained a lot of populatiry during the Trump years.
Newsmax can barely contain the crazy. They cancelled Mike Lindel :p

You still have not explained why I, as a Persian-American conservative, should support Stormfront, which is a Neo-Nazi and white supremacist discussion board and website.

Perhaps you can refer me to some conservative literature in which financially backing those who back literal genocide is somehow helpful to the health of our polity.

Newsmax can barely contain the crazy. They cancelled Mike Lindel :p
Newsmax, Oann, and the other Trump extremist crazy upstarts are going to soon find themselves out standing on the fringe with too few fans to support them. They all have a short window of time in which to go straight.

Americans decided on what their media would say and that left no major media outlets representing the political 'rightist' views except Fox News. Then the extremism of Trump became even too extreme for them and their mainstream commentators said so. That led to the extreme right turning their 'guns' of Fox too.

Upstarts such as Oann and Newsmax are already in the process of trying to moderate their extremism to something closer to middle road. That will enrage the extremist right and cause those two to be left in no man's land.
Oann and Newsmax moderated their views only because they were about to be sued out of existence by Dominion for all the lies about the election.

You still have not explained why I, as a Persian-American conservative, should support Stormfront, which is a Neo-Nazi and white supremacist discussion board and website.

Perhaps you can refer me to some conservative literature in which financially backing those who back literal genocide is somehow helpful to the health of our polity.
If you're who you say you are then you'll need to understand that Trumpism is a marriage of assorted extremists, that's made in hell. Whatever you've chosen for your agenda going forward, it's not going to be furthered by support of Trump. You're going to have to wait for the rational and normal faction of the GOP to break free of the Trump scourge.
Get back to me on that, i'm rather centrist too!

Oann and Newsmax moderated their views only because they were about to be sued out of existence by Dominion for all the lies about the election.
To read their headlines one would think they are another of the Democrats' media outlets. Until you get into the body of the story!

Allan, Perhaps you and I could pool our money and start Hitler Monthly. Sounds like we could make a fortune. /s

Not really, trump supporters are usually white suburbanites and up. Those that took part in storming the capital were those with plenty of wealth to do so. We need to get rid of this lie that the capital riot was done by poor folks.

You lost me when you said stormfront, unless of course you were talking about your local weather.
This thread idea has continued to make waves with a lot of people for a while now. YOu may be the only one who's been lost on it's meaning.

Back
Top Bottom