• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The point of government

I am very capable, thank you. I matters not what you think of me.

On the issue of Switzerland, this better system, as you put it, took until 1971 for women to get the right to vote in federal elections.

Black people weren't allowed to the front of the bus in the US until 1964. Many schools didn't actually reintegrate until the 70's.

If I was saying their system was perfect, you'd have something that approaches a point, but I didn't said that, so you're not even close to approaching a point.

All democratic governments suffer from the same flaw, even ours (if not especially ours): Most people are complete ****ing idiots.

This is no less true here than it is in Switzerland.

Awesome way to do things in that direct democracy thing.

It was the direct democracy that ultimately ended the prohibition on female voters.

Why don't you pack up the attitude and sell it somewhere else?

I treat stupid arguments with the disdain they deserve. And pretending that I have been saying Switzerland is a perfect paradise is just a downright retarded position.

If you don't like the fact that your stupid arguments are treated with disdain, you have two options: 1. Stop making retarded arguments altogether or 2. Avoid making these retarded toward me.

:shrug:

The point of American government is to guarantee freedoms. The point of Red China's government is to limit freedoms. See the difference?

Oh, I thought it was to take money from the industrious, and give to the lazy.

Black people weren't allowed to the front of the bus in the US until 1964. Many schools didn't actually reintegrate until the 70's.

If I was saying their system was perfect, you'd have something that approaches a point, but I didn't said that, so you're not even close to approaching a point.

All democratic governments suffer from the same flaw, even ours (if not especially ours): Most people are complete ****ing idiots.

This is no less true here than it is in Switzerland.

It was the direct democracy that ultimately ended the prohibition on female voters.

I treat stupid arguments with the disdain they deserve. And pretending that I have been saying Switzerland is a perfect paradise is just a downright retarded position.

If you don't like the fact that your stupid arguments are treated with disdain, you have two options: 1. Stop making retarded arguments altogether or 2. Avoid making these retarded toward me.

:shrug:

Thank you for your opinion. I'll keep the source and the quality of it in mind in the future. :peace

It's not an opinion. Trying to pretend that "better" = perfect" is an objectively stupid argument.

Why of course it is. Perhaps you think yourself ruler of the universe?

You have an interesting impression of your self importance.

Why of course it is. Perhaps you think yourself ruler of the universe?

You have an interesting impression of your self importance.

Where'd you get the stupid idea that statement has anything to do with my self-opinion?

Don't take my word for it. Test it out for yourself. Ask a random 6 year old child if "better" means the same thing as "perfect". Ask ten of them. Then you'll realize that any argument where one pretends that better = perfect is, indeed, objectively stupid.

Where'd you get the stupid idea that statement has anything to do with my self-opinion?

Don't take my word for it. Test it out for yourself. Ask a random 6 year old child if "better" means the same thing as "perfect". Ask ten of them. Then you'll realize that any argument where one pretends that better = perfect is, indeed, objectively stupid.

Interesting advice. It seems to me there is at least one six year old who is certainly focused on the difference.

Carry on.

Interesting advice. It seems to me there is at least one six year old who is certainly focused on the difference.

Carry on.

It's a shame that you weren't competent enough to note the difference between those two things earlier. If you were, you could have prevented yourself from making a retarded argument.

It's a shame that you weren't competent enough to note the difference between those two things earlier. If you were, you could have prevented yourself from making a retarded argument.

Thank you for your opinion. Again, I will keep it's source, and it's relevance, in mind in the future.

Thank you for your opinion. Again, I will keep it's source, and it's relevance, in mind in the future.

But will you be able to comprehend the difference between "better" and "perfect"? That's what really matters. If you remain ignorant of the difference between these two things, you'll continue to make the same stupid mistakes.

But will you be able to comprehend the difference between "better" and "perfect"? That's what really matters. If you remain ignorant of the difference between these two things, you'll continue to make the same stupid mistakes.

Thank you for your concern. I'm not worried.

So I take it you will stubbornly cling to your ignorance of the difference between "perfect" and "better"? That's a shame.

Actually, I'm just enjoying this hill you've chosen to die on.

I don't quite understand why you're willing to openly embarrass yourself while thinking you're insulting me.

You never wrote "better", Tuckie, you wrote "prefer": (Post #65)

"I prefer Switzerland's system, like I said. It minimizes disenfranchisement and adheres to small government principles far better than we do."​

I mearly replied:

"You shouldn't buy into the lie about Switzerland's glowing paradise"

I'm guessing those 6 year olds would be able to recognize that statement doesn't mean I claimed that you called Switzerland perfect, or even glowing.

You're off the chart my friend. I also think you're way off the topic of the thread and I'm not really interested in participating in your embarassing obsessing.

Perhaps I'll "see" you on another thread.

Last edited:
Actually, I'm just enjoying this hill you've chosen to die on.

I don't quite understand why you're willing to openly embarrass yourself while thinking you're insulting me.

You never wrote "better", Tuckie, you wrote "prefer": (Post #65)

"I prefer Switzerland's system, like I said. It minimizes disenfranchisement and adheres to small government principles far better than we do."​

I mearly replied:

"You shouldn't buy into the lie about Switzerland's glowing paradise"

I'm guessing those 6 year olds would be able to recognize that statement doesn't mean I that you called Switzerland perfect, or even glowing.

You're off the chart my friend. I also think you're way off the topic of the thread and I'm not really interested in participating in your embarassing obsessing.

Perhaps I'll "see" you on another thread.

Ah. My bad. You think preferring something equates to believing it is a glowing paradise. How is that better? It's still just as retarded. :shrug:

Ah. My bad. You think preferring something equates to believing it is a glowing paradise. How is that better? It's still just as retarded. :shrug:

Tucker. I think you've pulled far enough into the parking space. Probably best to give it a rest.

car_in_wall.jpg

No, that's a lie you've been told by idiot politicians. If the point was to guarantee freedoms, there's never have been slavery in this country, because freedom would have been guaranteed at the coutnry's inception. That's undeniable proof that your claim is false.

The only reason government exists is to pass laws. Laws serve no other purpose than limiting individual freedom. Therefore, government exists to limit personal freedom. Don't just repeat the lies you've been told in lieu of an argument. Disprove that logical syllogism. If you can, then you can claim that I am wrong. Until then, you are merely making false statements and pretending they are true.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Obviously, our First Amendment.

I am just curious as to how you would consider this foundational law to be limiting freedom? Where does it actually limit freedom? You could perhaps say it limits the freedom of some to force a national religion on the rest of us, but the use of force, or threat of force, by definition, would not be freedom, would it? The non-abridgement standards in the areas of freedoms of speech and press opens it wide, unimpaired by laws which you say limit, always and naturally limit freedom.

The rest are self-identified rights, not freedoms, ascribed.

Not arguing, just interested.

Back
Top Bottom