• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The News Gets Worse

:lamo
I asked you what between the two statements confused you, not about N95 (or better) usage in europe.

The confusion rests with you old chum, not me. Our numbers are down and staying down because the 'useless' masks we are wearing work and the majority of people aren't dumb enough to ignore the expert guidance of those qualified in epidemiology, unlike in America where whining about your 'rights' is more important than lives, it seems. Masks are not a solution but they are a part of the solution.

Last edited:
The fact is most who died had preexisring conditions when they counted fle deaths during the H1N1 pandemic fle of 2009. Why is that ?

Why don't we just tell just those over 65 who are in poor health to stay home. Why do we have to lie and say this virus kills everyone?

Wrong as usual you are.

The claim that inappropriate mask as the ones I am speaking about actually work.
You have failed to show they do, nor could you.

I tried to educate you but failed. EVERY country which mandated or strictly enforced masks has seen their rates of deaths and infections drop rapidly. Only America, the world leader in both, continues to whine about 'rights' and 'violations' of the constitution, allowing libertarian idiots to spread the disease, uncontrolled. So, if masks don't work as you claim, why are we seeing those reductions while yours are increasing? Simple question.

It has the potential to kill, and nobody but you has said it kills everyone. Keep digging that hole...

I have asked people here to do the work but everyone is wayyyy too lazy. They like to let the Goebbelsian news to do their thinking for them.

The funny thing is also that may people who are posting here are what I call "twentysomethings" meaning they just got out of diapers with some still living with mommy and daddy into their late twenties which will continue into their thirties. For all I know, you could be in this class of posters who have a chance of dying from COVID of maybe 0.0000046.

But, sadly people just believe those "in authority" such as BBC news, the NY Times, WaPo or the gals at HuffPo.......the Goebbelsians whose job it is to whip up anger and hatred and lies repeated so often that you accept them as true. The LIE is that COVID will kill almost everyone and we are ALL at risk. It's like saying lightning kills and we need to shut down everything until we find out how to stop it because anyone could be struck by it because 2,000 to 6,000 people are killed every year by it.

I have asked people here to do the work but everyone is wayyyy too lazy. They like to let the Goebbelsian news to do their thinking for them.

The funny thing is also that may people who are posting here are what I call "twentysomethings" meaning they just got out of diapers with some still living with mommy and daddy into their late twenties which will continue into their thirties. For all I know, you could be in this class of posters who have a chance of dying from COVID of maybe 0.0000046.

But, sadly people just believe those "in authority" such as BBC news, the NY Times, WaPo or the gals at HuffPo.......the Goebbelsians whose job it is to whip up anger and hatred and lies repeated so often that you accept them as true. The LIE is that COVID will kill almost everyone and we are ALL at risk. It's like saying lightning kills and we need to shut down everything until we find out how to stop it because anyone could be struck by it because 2,000 to 6,000 people are killed every year by it.

But Sweden, Manaus...

We ARE all at risk; some more than others, some less than others. Why is this so hard for you to understand? The families of nearly 200,000 dead Americans understand very well. Oh, and remember; "it will be forgotten by August"? We're approaching October and it's still raging in your country. That's about the extent of your credibility. Zero.

But Sweden, Manaus...

We ARE all at risk; some more than others, some less than others. Why is this so hard for you to understand? The families of nearly 200,000 dead Americans understand very well. Oh, and remember; "it will be forgotten by August"? We're approaching October and it's still raging in your country. That's about the extent of your credibility. Zero.

How many of those had serious existing conditions and were over 65?

You see, you are just repeating the Goebbelsian lies like a dutiful sheep. Government ca't control people unless they get them to believe lies. Let me ask you and anyone reading here to take a tes.

1.) If you are under 35 and have zero health problems, you chances of dying from COVID are________%
2.) If you are under 45 and have zero health conditions, your chances of dying from COVID are ______%
3.) If you are under 65 and gave zero health conditions, your chances of dying from COVID are ______%
4.) If you are over 65 and have zero health conditions, your chances of dying from COVID are _______%

Now then, this test

1.) If you are OVER 65 ad have 1 of more health issues, your chances of dying from Covid are _____________%
2.) If you under 65 and have 1 or more health conditions, your chances of dying from COVID are ___________%

The percentage of people who die each year from car accidents___________
The percentage of people who die each year from bee stings______________

How many of those had serious existing conditions and were over 65?

You see, you are just repeating the Goebbelsian lies like a dutiful sheep. Government ca't control people unless they get them to believe lies. Let me ask you and anyone reading here to take a tes.

1.) If you are under 35 and have zero health problems, you chances of dying from COVID are________%
2.) If you are under 45 and have zero health conditions, your chances of dying from COVID are ______%
3.) If you are under 65 and gave zero health conditions, your chances of dying from COVID are ______%
4.) If you are over 65 and have zero health conditions, your chances of dying from COVID are _______%

Now then, this test

1.) If you are OVER 65 ad have 1 of more health issues, your chances of dying from Covid are _____________%
2.) If you under 65 and have 1 or more health conditions, your chances of dying from COVID are ___________%

The percentage of people who die each year from car accidents___________
The percentage of people who die each year from bee stings______________

You obviously know; you tell me. I, and too many others, have tried to educate you and failed. I'm done with you. Welcome to 'ignore'.

You obviously know; you tell me. I, and too many others, have tried to educate you and failed. I'm done with you. Welcome to 'ignore'.

Another one who can't debate just bit the dust.

The news gets worse. A key model predicts 3000 people will die every day in December. We could reach 400,000 deaths my the beginning of 2021.

Ummmmmmmmmmmm, December is three months away. Is that the best you can do is look into your anti-Trump crystal ball? New models are out which show more cases but less deaths. Guess you don't want to talk about THOSE models.

Ummmmmmmmmmmm, December is three months away. Is that the best you can do is look into your anti-Trump crystal ball? New models are out which show more cases but less deaths. Guess you don't want to talk about THOSE models.

It's interesting. Far fewer people who catch it die today than they did back in March and April.

IMO, the virus has weakened, perhaps because the deadliest strain killed its hosts too effectively. :shrug: Another theory is viral load based. Some exposure is survivable, a lot kills. A third theory is genetic: certain markers lead to death, but those who have them are a small minority.

My aunt in Australia, 92, had the COVID. We all said, "She's a goner." But, yet, she still lives. Most if not all of us know people aged 25-55 who had it and survived. I have a nephew who got it bad: he had trouble breathing, high fever could not get out of bed for 10 days; but he is only 32. So, he lived. Another relative is 50. He was down and out for a week. But, he still lives today too. Not that these are bad things. Heavens no.

Last edited:
It's interesting. Far fewer people who catch it die today than they did back in March and April.

IMO, the virus has weakened, perhaps because the deadliest strain killed its hosts too effectively. :shrug: Another theory is viral load based. Some exposure is survivable, a lot kills. A third theory is genetic: certain markers lead to death, but those who have them are a small minority.

My aunt in Australia, 92, had the COVID. We all said, "She's a goner." But, yet, she still lives. Most if not all of us know people aged 25-55 who had it and survived. I have a nephew who got it bad: he had trouble breathing, high fever could not get out of bed for 10 days; but he is only 32. So, he lived. Another relative is 50. He was down and out for a week. But, he still lives today too. Not that these are bad things. Heavens no.

Far fewer people who catch it die from it is mostly because the spike in cases is being driven by younger people. There have been some improvements in treatment such as "proning", more restrictive use of ventilators, and use of dexamethasone, but its mostly due to the age of those who are getting infected. Even those who are elderly mostly survive it, though the mortality is frightful for people over 80-still MOST do still survive. Its not Ebola.

I will talk about anything. All I did was supply a model that came out the day I did the OP. Anything wrong with that? I did specify it is a "model", which inherently means it is not necessarily dependable.

No, Moderate, your criticism is not valid.

Instead of criticizing, why don't you supply the models you have and let us discuss which seems to be the most valid? Is that not what a debate board is all about? The only thing you seem to do is be a critic to anything and everything that is shown to be a negative to your idol. You are not debating. You are criticizing.

The confusion rests with you old chum, not me. Our numbers are down and staying down because the 'useless' masks we are wearing work and the majority of people aren't dumb enough to ignore the expert guidance of those qualified in epidemiology, unlike in America where whining about your 'rights' is more important than lives, it seems. Masks are not a solution but they are a part of the solution.
Besides the confusion being clearly all on your end; Chum? :lamo You are confused about that as well.

Wrong as usual you are.

The claim that inappropriate mask as the ones I am speaking about actually work.
You have failed to show they do, nor could you.
I tried to educate you but failed. EVERY country which mandated or strictly enforced masks has seen their rates of deaths and infections drop rapidly. Only America, the world leader in both, continues to whine about 'rights' and 'violations' of the constitution, allowing libertarian idiots to spread the disease, uncontrolled. So, if masks don't work as you claim, why are we seeing those reductions while yours are increasing? Simple question.

You tried to educate? :lamo You can't educate those who are know you are spewing bs, and you are not actually addressing what I argued.

Again; "I asked you what between the two statements confused you, not about N95 (or better) usage in europe."

Worst 15 states by cases per million, as of today:

Louisiana, Florida, Mississippi, Arizona, Alabama, Georgia, South Carolina, New York, Tennessee, Nevada, Texas, Iowa, New Jersey, Arkansas, Rhode Island (United States Coronavirus: 6,485,575 Cases and 193,534 Deaths - Worldometer).

Seems pretty clear that the proven ways to best spread the virus are (1) be a state at the epicenter when it started, when no one knew anything (least of all the president, who said it would disappear by Easter), or (2) be an anti-science, anti-mask state.

I think that if far fewer are dying it's probably because they're finding better treatments and know more about what works and what doesn't.

But a lot of survivors, including healthy ones still got brain, liver, colon and/or heart damage and they don't know if it's long term or what. People that get it in their lungs tend to have a higher mortality rate. The virus is an insidious vascular disease that causes your veins to leak....you don't ever want to get it.

WEAR THE DAMN MASK, PEOPLE!!!

Why don't we just tell just those over 65 who are in poor health to stay home. Why do we have to lie and say this virus kills everyone?

No one that I know of claimed Covid 19 kills everyone.

(Currently it is killing .4-1 percent. But damages to the organs of those who survived are high.)

The fact is about 40 percent of our adult population is either over 65 or has a pre exsisting condition that this sinister virus will attack .

Inside the body, the coronavirus is even more sinister than scientists had realized

About 40 percent of U.S. adults are at risk for severe COVID-19 complications

Last edited:
No one that I know of claimed Covid 19 kills everyone.

(Currently it is killing .4-1 percent. But damages to the organs of those who survived are high.)

The fact is about 40 percent of our adult population is either over 65 or has a pre exsisting condition that this sinister virus will attack .

Inside the body, the coronavirus is even more sinister than scientists had realized

About 40 percent of U.S. adults are at risk for severe COVID-19 complications

Minnie, we are "at risk" for lots of things. Heart disease,car accidents, strokes, high blood pressure, being hit by lightning. Using those kind of stories keeps people in fear. There is no "40% of people walking around that have serious effects of COVID. The story is pure speculation. The virus kills certain people who have certain conditions. I will say this until I am blue in the face and you folks can jump all over me as long as you want.

The virus has primarily killed the people its gonna kill in the four states back east that I mentioned, as well as Sweden and Manaus. It does NOT kill everyone or even affect everyone or anywhere even close to 40%. It's like saying 40% of those they survey who has high blood pressure or diabetes is in danger of dying. This is what the Goebbelsian news does. People don't read GOOD NEWS stories Humans LIKE to read stories about death, pain and fear. It gives them a rush.

Minnie, we are "at risk" for lots of things. Heart disease,car accidents, strokes, high blood pressure, being hit by lightning. Using those kind of stories keeps people in fear. There is no "40% of people walking around that have serious effects of COVID. The story is pure speculation. The virus kills certain people who have certain conditions. I will say this until I am blue in the face and you folks can jump all over me as long as you want.

The virus has primarily killed the people its gonna kill in the four states back east that I mentioned, as well as Sweden and Manaus. It does NOT kill everyone or even affect everyone or anywhere even close to 40%. It's like saying 40% of those they survey who has high blood pressure or diabetes is in danger of dying. This is what the Goebbelsian news does. People don't read GOOD NEWS stories Humans LIKE to read stories about death, pain and fear. It gives them a rush.

Sure there are risks for the elderly and those with pre-existing conditions.

Why unnecessarily add another risk? This is controllable if the dumbasses out there would start behaving as if they live in a society rather than behaving like the donkey in the white house where everything is about him.

It was not long ago that 2 million plus were predicted to die from COVID 19 in the United States! :confused:

I just have to ask, why do you post that one wrong estimate and not the one from Trump where covid would magically disappear?

er uh CS, I asked why do you post that one wrong estimate and not the one where Trump said it would magically dissappear? If you goal was to discredit all estimates that upset your tummy, why not pick the most ridiculous one. the two million estimate was if there were no actions taken. You know things like wearing a mask, social distancing and other things trump politicized and discouraged. And if the two million estimate really upsets you then surely you must be upset that trump listened to it

The report, which warned that an uncontrolled spread of the disease could cause as many as 510,000 deaths in Britain, triggered a sudden shift in the government’s comparatively relaxed response to the virus. American officials said the report, which projected up to 2.2 million deaths in the United States from such a spread, also influenced the White House to strengthen its measures to isolate members of the public.

How One Model Simulated 2.2 Million U.S. Deaths from COVID-19 | Cato @ Liberty

Hey, if you think about, if the report helped Britain shift from their "relaxed" view maybe it helped trump shift from his delusional view that it magically disappear. Anyhoo, here's the prediction. It literally tells you its a worst case "In the (unlikely) absence of any control measures or spontaneous changes in individual behavior". Geez CS, at some point you need to realize your conservative masters are lying to you.

In the (unlikely) absence of any control measures or spontaneous changes in individual behavior, we would expect a peak in mortality (daily deaths) to occur after approximately 3 months. In such scenarios, given an estimated R0 of 2.4, we predict 81% of the G.B. and U.S. populations would be infected over the course of the epidemic… In total, in an unmitigated epidemic, we would predict approximately 510,000 deaths in G.B. and 2.2 million in the U.S., not accounting for the potential negative effects of health systems being overwhelmed on mortality.

Back
Top Bottom